Last Date:16 Feb 2019
Advt No : NHM-31013(11)/5/2019-HRD-NHM/28708
National Health Mission (NHM)
NHM aka National Health Mission, Assam invites application for the posts of 400 Surveillance Worker. Apply online before 16 February 2019. NRHM Assam Recruitment Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official Website is www.nrhmassam.in
Name of the post – Surveillance Worker
No of post – 400
Pay Scale – 15,000/-
10+2/ HSSLC or equivalent from Govt. recognized institution/Experience in Health Sector, preferably in Field Surveillance Work of NVBDCP & other related programme./Weightage will be given to candidates having previous work experience of similar nature in the Health &FW Department of Assam.
General Information:government jobs
- Online applications are invited from the candidates willing to work in mission mode with challenging tasks for engagement on contractual basis for the following position. Candidates have to apply online in the NHM, Assam website: https://nhm.assam.gov.in
- Not less than 21 (Twenty One) Years and not more than 44 (Forty Four) years as on 01.01.2019
- The upper age limit is relaxed up to 47 (forty seven) years for OBC/MOBC candidates , 49 (Forty Nine) years for SC/ST candidates.
- In case of PWD candidates, the age is relaxable by 10 years, i.e. 54 years.
- Certificates of SC/ST/OBC/MOBC/PWD candidates should have been issued by the appropriate authority. The applicable candidate will have to submit a copy of Caste Certificate at the time of viva-voce examination (if called for).
- Performance at HSSLC – Maximum of 30 Marks depending upon marks obtained in 10+2/HSSLC or equivalent examination. Previous Similar Experience – Maximum of 40 Marks (@ 8 marks for every year of service rendered with similar health experience.
- Candidates have to upload the supporting HSSLC or equivalent marksheet & Experience Certificate at the time of online application or the candidature is liable to be rejected).
- Out of total 70 marks (from Sl. 2 & Sl. 3 above), candidates in order of merit would be shortlisted for Skill Test in the ratio 1:2 against vacancies depending upon the overall cut-off scores.
- 30 marks has been allotted in the Skill Test.
- The final merit list would be prepared out of the total 100 marks.
- Eligible candidates may apply online at NHM Assam’s website (https://nhm.assam.gov.in/) from 07 Feb 2019 to 16 Feb 2019.
- Only short listed candidates will be called for Skill Test for which no TA/DA will be paid. List of shortlisted candidates will be published in the website https://nhm.assam.gov.in before the Skill Test. No individual call letters will be sent for attending the Skill Test. The undersigned reserves the right to cancel the advertisement as well as to reject any or all applications without assigning any reasons thereof. The details will be available in the website https://nhm.assam.gov.in. If any candidate found providing false certificates as experience letter, the candidature of such candidates will be summarily rejected at any stage of the selection process.
- Online application will be received till 16th February 2019. The aspiring candidates shall visit the NHM Assam website to check the updates.
- The Health & Family Welfare Department of Assam is one of the vital departments under the Govt of Assam and it is located at the Assam Secretariat Block-D, Dispur, Guwahati. For administrative convenience, the Health and Family Welfare Department of Assam has been categorized into two divisions – Health-A and Health-B. All hospitals and health institutions apart from the Medical and Nursing Colleges come under Health-A. Whereas all Medical Colleges and Nursing Colleges are under Health-B. The Department comprises of nine sub organizations/directorates – Director of Health Services, Director of Health Services (FW), Director of Medical Education, National Health Mission, AYUSH, Food and Drug Administration, Assam State AIDS Control Society, Assam State Blood Transfusion Council.
- The Health and Family Welfare Department of Assam under the Minister for Health and Family Welfare is responsible for maintaining and developing the health care system in the state and guiding and supervising the Health and Family Welfare Programme of the state. The services offered by the department are Preventive Health Care Services, Promote Health Care Services, Routine Curative Services, and Rehabilitation Services etc. The activities of the department include establishment and maintenance of medical institutions with necessary infrastructure, implementation of National Disease Control and Eradication Programmes, Control of communicable as well as non communicable diseases apart from various other functions.
- The Health and Family Welfare Department normally confines itself to general policies, direction, legislation, assembly business, inter-departmental matters and review assessment of execution of policies and schemes which are normally left to the Head of the Department.
- The Department of Health and Family Welfare is mainly responsible for issue of statutory rules, notifications or order pertaining to health care of all citizens and convey financial sanction order pertaining to schemes under health and family welfare programmes.
- The National Rural Health Mission (NRHM), now under National Health Mission is an initiative undertaken by the government of India to address the health needs of under-served rural areas. Launched on 5 April 2005 by Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, the NRHM was initially tasked with addressing the health needs of 18 states that had been identified as having weak public health indicators. The Union Cabinet headed by Dr. Manmohan Singh vide its decision dated 1 May 2013, has approved the launch of National Urban Health Mission (NUHM) as a Sub-mission of an overarching National Health Mission (NHM), with National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) being the other Sub-mission of National Health Mission.
- Under the NRHM, the Empowered Action Group (EAG) States as well as North Eastern States, Jammu and Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh have been given special focus. The thrust of the mission is on establishing a fully functional, community owned, decentralized health delivery system with inter-sectoral convergence at all levels, to ensure simultaneous action on a wide range of determinants of health such as water, sanitation, education, nutrition, social and gender equality. Institutional integration within the fragmented health sector was expected to provide a focus on outcomes, measured against Indian Public Health Standards for all health facilities. As per the 12th Plan document of the Planning Commission, the flagship programme of NRHM will be strengthened under the umbrella of National Health Mission. The focus on covering rural areas and rural population will continue along with up scaling of NRHM to include non-communicable diseases and expanding health coverage to urban areas. Accordingly, the Union Cabinet, in May 2013, has approved the launch of National Urban Health Mission (NUHM) as a sub-mission of an overarching National Health Mission (NHM), with National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) being the other sub-mission of the National Health Mission.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form