Last Date:05 May,2019
Advt No. NIHR/Establishment/2019/01
National Institute of Hydrology Roorkee (NIH)
NIH Roorkee invites applications for 9 posts of Stenographer and Various.Interested & eligible candidates should fill application through online mode and also send hard copy of same alongwith one set of photocopies of documents in support of qualification, experience, age and one photo to the given address as to reach by 30-04-2019.
Name of the post – Stenographer,Assistant,Engineer & Various
No of post – 09
Pay Scale – Rs 44900 – 142400,Rs 35400 – 112400,Rs 25500 – 81100
Passed High School with Science and 5 years experience/Bachelor Degree in Engineering in Civil/Computer Engineering OR Post Graduate Degree in Physics/ Mathematics/ Hydrology/ Earth Sciences/Arts/Commerce.bank jobs
- The candidates are required to apply through ONLINE only. The ONLINE option will remain open for a period of 30 days after it is published in Employment News. For submission of application through ONLINE mode, please visit Institute’s website www.nihroorkee.gov.in.
- Preference will be given to Divyang (Persons with Disabilities), even where the reservation is not marked and suitable PWD’s applicants are available.
- The candidates should send a Non-refundable Demand Draft of Rs. 100/- in favour of National Institute of Hydrology, Roorkee payable at Roorkee towards the Application Fee. No fee is required from SC/ST and Persons with Disabilities candidates.
- The Institute reserves the right to fill or not fill any or all of the posts advertised.
- Possession of the prescribed educational qualification is a must. Candidates with higher qualification but without the prescribed qualification shall not be considered.
- The last date for receipt of print out of completed online application in the Institute : 30 days after it is published in Employment News.
- The maximum age limit will be considered on the last date of receipt of applications. The relaxation of 03 years for OBC candidates with additional 10 years age relaxation to persons with disabilities will be given in accordance with the Government of India Rules. Relaxation in upper age limit for those applicants, who are in Central Government or Central Government Autonomous body, ExServicemen, shall be admissible as per the Government of India Rules.
- For availing the benefit of Other Backward Classes, the candidates are required to produce the latest OBC non creamy layer certificate on the prescribed proforma applicable for appointment to the posts of Central Government.
- The benefit of reservation under EWS can be availed upon production of an Income and Asset Certificate issued by a Competent Authority.
- Persons employed in Government Departments/Autonomous Bodies/Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) must send their application “Through Proper Channel” or “No Objection Certificate” (NOC) to be brought at the time of written test. To avoid delay, an advance copy of such application complete in all respects, may be sent super-scribing on the top of the application “ADVANCE COPY”.
- The Institute is free to restrict/change the criteria to call the eligible candidates for the Written Test, as per response to the advertised posts.
- NIH will screen all applications received before the closing date. Only screened in candidates would be invited for written test.
- Experience/essential qualifications and age will be reckoned on the last date for submission of online application.
- Incomplete applications or applications without self attested copies of all relevant certificates (both educational and experience) or applications received after the last date are liable to be rejected.
- No correspondence will be entertained from the candidates regarding the eligibility, status of application, postal delays,conduct and result of test, etc.
- A written test of one hour duration will be conducted at Roorkee on stipulated date and time to prepare a merit list of candidates screened in. Candidates will be informed by post/e-mail and through NIH website about the dates.
- Written test for the post of Senior Research Assistant and Research Assistant will be in English and for Junior Engineer (Senior Grade), Stenographer and Technician Grade-III, it will be bilingual.
- The questions in the written test will be relevant to the trade/subject.
- The questions will be objective type and negative marks will be awarded for wrong answers.
- Merit list will be prepared for each post based on the marks secured in the written test.
- The candidates obtaining less than 55% in the written test will not be considered further.
- The candidates will be offered appointment based on the merit list prepared after written test.
- For the post of Stenographer, in addition to written test, shorthand and typing test on computer in Hindi/English will be conducted.
- The candidates who do not possess essential qualifications need not apply.
- National Institute of Hydrology (NIH) is a premier Research and Development organization under the Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Government of India. It was established as an autonomous society in 1978 with its headquarters at Roorkee. The main objectives of NIH are to undertake, aid, promote and coordinate systematic and scientific work in all aspects of hydrology. The Institute was declared as an S&T organization in 1987.
- Our research findings are published in the form of reports and research papers in reputed international and national journals, international and national seminars and conferences.
- Publications brought out by the Institute in the form of technical reports, brochures, leaflets, state-of-art reports etc. are widely circulated to various user agencies in India as well as abroad, enriching hydrologic literature and knowledge.
- The Institute has completed a number of consultancy and sponsored research projects to solve real-life problems.
- The Institute has developed software for hydrological analysis and design which are being used to solve various practical problems.
- NIH has established Water Quality, Remote Sensing & GIS, Nuclear Hydrology, and Soil & Water Laboratories with state-of-art equipment and software.
- Under technology transfer programme, the Institute has organized a large number of short-duration training courses all over the country on different topics in the domain of hydrology and water resources. The participants to these course come from Central and State government organization, academic and R&D institutes, private sector, and NGOs.
- NIH has also organized number of International and National seminars and conferences.
- A number of the scientists of the Institute have received awards for publishing their research works in the reputed journals and for their significant contributions in different areas of hydrology and water resources.
- Under the mass awareness programme, the Institute has organized a number of activities for women and students. Campaigns for water conservation and management have been launched through electronic and print media.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form