Last Date: 10 Oct,2019
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)
HPCL is inviting eligible candidates to apply online for contractual posts of Project Associates.Interested and Eligible Candidates may apply online by 10-10-2019 , after making sure that they meet the concerned eligibility criteria. All personal and educational details must be mentioned properly.
Name of the post – Project Associates
No of post – Not Specified
Pay Scale – Rs. 40,000 to 50,000
BSc/MSc OR Diploma in Chemical Engineering/Chemical Technology/ Petroleum Refining OR Diploma/PG Diploma in Plastic Processing & Testing with 60% marks
General Instruction:faculty opening
- The post of PROJECT ASSOCIATE is a fixed term post. As such the post will be named/called/designated as Fixed Term Project Associate. If selected, initial engagement will be for a period of one year which is extendable by one year at a time based on the project requirement and performance of the candidate, subject to a maximum of 3 years.
- The candidates must have an active e-mail id andCell phone/land line number, which must remain valid for at least next one year. All future communication with the candidates will take place through e-mail /cell phone /landline number only.
- The candidates must have an active e-mail id andCell phone/land line number, which must remain valid for at least next one year. All future communication with the candidates will take place through e-mail / cell phone /landline number only.
- Wherever CGPA/OGPA/DGPA or Letter Grade in a degree/ diploma is awarded, its equivalent percentage of marks must be indicated in the application form as per norms adopted by University/Institute. Candidates should produce their degree conversion certificate issued by Competent Authority of the University/ Institute in support of the conversion.
- Candidates not found to be meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria shall be rejected at any stage of the selection process.
- All the details given in the online form will be treated as final and no changes will be entertained.
- HPCL will not be responsible for any loss/ non-delivery of email/any other communication sent, due to invalid/wrong email id or due to any other reason.
- Furnishing of wrong/false information will lead to disqualification and HPCL will not be responsible for any of the consequences of furnishing such wrong/false information. Since all the applications will be initially screened without documentary evidence, the candidates must satisfy themselves of the suitability for the position to which they are applying. If at any stage during the recruitment process or after recruitment or joining, it is found that the candidates have furnished false or wrong information, their candidature will be rejected.
- Only short listed candidates who are found eligible based on the details given in the application form will be called for the written test and / or personal interview as the case may be. Candidates are required to bring original and copies of the certificates/Testimonials during the interviews along with the printed application form. One set of the copies of Certificates/Testimonials andthe printed application form has to be attested. Such Testimonials will be verified in detail with the originals and if found not meeting the norms, the candidate will be summarily rejected. Such rejected candidates
will not qualify for appearing for interview.
- Category (SC/ST/OBC-NC/PWD) once mentioned in the application form will not bechanged and no benefit of other category will be admissible later on. ‘
- HPCL reserves the right to raise/relax the minimum eligibility standards and / or relax age, experience criteria in otherwise suitable cases. The Management reserves the right to fill or not to fill all or any of the above positions without assigning any reason whatsoever.
- Any canvassing directly or indirectly by the applicant will disqualify his/her candidature. Any dispute with regard to recruitment against this advertisement will be settled within the jurisdiction of Bengaluru Court only.
- The candidates should write their correct mobile number and correct e-mail address neatly. Please note that the intimation for interview will be given through e-mail addresses/cell phone/landline only. Candidates shortlisted for interview would be reimbursed II Class Sleeper train fare by the shortest applicable route from their normal place of residence to the interview venue. Candidates will be required to produce all relevant documents as proof of travel to and fro for claiming reimbursement.
- Candidates are advised to visit corporation website- www.hindustanpetroleum.com under Career Opportunities section regularly for latest updates as no separate communication will besent.
- Interested candidates should only apply online on our website http://hindustanpetroleum.com/hpcareers/current_openings .
- It may please be noted that submission of online applications under fictitious/ pseudo names/ email ids /cell phone / landline numbers is strictly prohibited. Any candidate resorting to such practices will be liable for suitable action under the provisions of IT Act 2000.
How To Apply:
- Login to http://hindustanpetroleum.com/hpcareers and click on our current openings . Visit Fixed Term Project Associates, R&D Centre, Bengaluru. Read all the instructions given on the
website carefully. Candidates should keep scanned copy of Passport size photo (in jpg/gif format less than 500 kb) and Soft copy ofthe detailed CV (including brief description of PhD topic in case of PhD candidates) ready before filling online application form.
- Fill in the online application form with all the relevant details carefully (details once submitted cannot be modified). Upload Scan copy of your latest passport size photograph and DetailedCV.
- Upon completion, submit the online application by clicking the Submit button at the bottom of the page You will get a system generated unique 12 Digit Application / Reference No. Please note that this Application / Reference No. is important and will be required for all future references throughout the
- Candidates are advised to take a Printout of theOnline Application Form, affix his/her recent passport size photograph, put his/her signature at the space provided and keep with him/ her safely for future reference. Candidates are not required to submit hard copy of the application form to HPCL.
- Candidates with multiple applications for same discipline are liable to be rejected.
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) is an Indian oil and natural gas company with its headquarters at Mumbai, Maharashtra. It has about 25% market-share in India among public-sector companies (PSUs) and a strong marketing infrastructure. Oil and Natural Gas Corporation, also second promoter of the company (first promotor is The President of India) , owns 51.11% shares in HPCL and others are distributed amongst financial institutes, public and other investors. The company is ranked 367th on the Fortune Global 500 list of the world’s biggest corporations as of 2016. HPCL got removed from NIFTY 50 INDEX in March 2019
- HPCL was incorporated in 1974 after the takeover and merger of erstwhile Esso Standard and Lube India Limited by the Esso (Acquisition of Undertakings in India) Act 1974. Caltex Oil Refining (India) Ltd. (CORIL) was taken over by the Government of India in 1976 and merged with HPCL in 1978 by the CORIL-HPCL Amalgamation Order, 1978. Kosan Gas Company was merged with HPCL in 1979 by the Kosangas Company Acquisition Act, 1979.
- In 2003, following a petition by the Centre for Public Interest Litigation (CPIL), the Supreme Court of India restrained the Central government from privatising Hindustan Petroleum and Bharat Petroleum without the approval of Parliament. As counsel for the CPIL, Rajinder Sachar and Prashant Bhushan said that the only way to disinvest in the companies would be to repeal or amend the Acts by which they were nationalised in the 1970s. As a result, the government would need a majority in both houses to push through any privatisation.
- HPCL operates two major refineries producing a wide variety of petroleum fuels and specialties, one in Mumbai (West Coast) of 7.5 million metric tonnes per annum (MMTPA) capacity and the other in Visakhapatnam, (East Coast) with a capacity of 8.3 MMTPA. HPCL holds an equity stake of 16.95% in Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Limited (MRPL), a state-of-the-art refinery at Mangalore with a capacity of 9 MMTPA. Another refinery of 9 MMTPA (set up in Bathinda, Punjab by HMEL,a joint venture with Mittal Energy Investments Pte. Ltd). HPCL has signed a memorandum of understanding with the Government of Rajasthan for setting up a refinery near Barmer. It would be operated under a joint venture company (JVC) called HPCL-Rajasthan Refinery Limited.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form