Last Date:14 March,2019
Kutch Railway Company Limited(KRC)
Applications are invited from all eligible candidates for the recruitment to 1 contractual positions of Managing Director to be filled in Kutch Railway Company Limited (KRC) for given project.Aspirants willing to work on these posts may send their applications in prescribed format along with all relevant enclosures so as to reach the given address latest by 14-03-2019 .
Name of the post – Managing Director
No of post – 01
Pay Scale – 1,80,000-3,20,000
Graduate in any discipline with 25 yrs experience.
General Information:latest karnataka govt jobs
- In continuation of vacancy circular (previous advertisement issued on 31.07.2018), it is stated that Kutch Railway Company Limited (KRC), a Joint Venture of Rail Vikas Nigam Limited, Government of Gujarat,Deendayal Port Trust and Adani Ports and SEZ Ltd, is looking for a suitable candidate for the post of its Managing Director. The position entails strong people management, coordination skills, good communication and interpersonal skills along with problem identification / solving, and focus on continuous improvement and innovation to ensure superior and customer focused results at optimal cost. The candidate should be a capacity builder with a record of demonstrated leadership, strategic and creative thinking, collaborative development, and an ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a range of key stakeholders in railway sector.
- Graduate in any discipline with a total experience of at least 25 (Twenty Five) years in Railways of which at least 5 (Five) years in SAG and above. He should have relevant experience in project management/ project development/ project operation and maintenance of Railway systems/ marketing/financial management and profit center approach/ cost control.
- Candidates having post graduate qualifications in technical/management disciplines with experience in managing the affairs of SPVs/ Companies/JVs on PPP mode concerned with the following functions in Railway, i.e., Railway Planning and Construction, Financing, Marketing and Commercial, and Operation & Maintenance may be given preference.
- Maximum 60 years at the time of vacancy notice.
- The tenure shall be for a period of three years extendable by two years, subject to maximum age limit of 65 years.
- Beyond 60 years in the scale of pay of Director of Schedule ‘A’ Company with perks and benefits to be decided by the Company’s Board minus pension, if any.
- The applications received pursuant to previous advertisement for the post of MD published on 31.07.2018 will be evaluated as per the above criteria and such applicants need not apply again.
- The appointment of MD will be made on the basis of permanent absorption in the company. Selection will be finalized after interview of all eligible candidates appearing on the date of interview. The eligible candidates will be intimated of the date & venue of interview by post/email.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of initial screenig of applications and will be called for Interviews.
- Send duly filled in forms in all respects and signed by the applicant so as to reach the given address by 14-03-2019 .Candidates are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess at least the essential qualifications laid down for various posts.Kindly mention on the top of the envelope “‘Application for the position of __’ Managing Director
- The candidate has to submit his willingness for the post at the time of interview itself, clearly stating that he/she will join the post, if selected. If any candidate does not initially give his/ her willingness, he /she will not be interviewed. The selected candidate will have to join within 3 (Three) months of issue of letter of appointment. Serving officer shall submit NOC of employer at the time of interview.
- Applications along with detailed bio-data (with passport size photograph, age, qualifications, experience, salaries drawn and achievements) in the prescribed format must reach the following address latest by 14.03.2019 (Upto 6.00 PM). To download the application form, kindly visit company’s website at: www.kutchrail.org
- Ministry of Railways under National Rail Vikas Yojana has embarked upon strengthening of rail connectivity to various ports. Recent developments in ports in Gandhidham area have established need for additional freight corridor to northern hinterland. Accordingly, Ministry of Railways decided to convert existing meter gauge line between Gandhidham and Palanpur(301 km). After RVNL(a PSU under Ministry of Railways) came into being, this project was transferred to RVNL for execution. RVNL set up a Special Purpose Vehicle for gauge conversion of Gandhidham-Palanpur and Kutch Railway Company was formed with equity contribution from RVNL, Deendayal Port Trust and Adani Ports & SEZ Ltd. and Govt. of Gujarat to undertake the gauge conversion of Gandhidham-Palanpur meter gauge of 301 km.
- KRC was incorporated on 22nd January’2004 under Companies Act, 1956. Ministry of Railways had leased all the assets including land, buildings, bridges, etc. on the above line to KRC for a period of 32 years and authorized KRC to finance, construct, operate, maintain and manage the Palanpur – Gandhidham section.
- Commercial operations on KRC section started w.e.f. 1st July’2006.
- Capable to operate double stack 9’6″ ISO containers over its territory from Palanpur to Gandhidham as KRC has removed all the infringements for running of Double Decker Container trains which will carry 180 containers instead of 90 per train which would save huge cost to the railways as well as the customers.
- Equipped with latest technology available for mechanized maintenance of P.Way and S&T equipments and outsourced non-core activities to optimize cost of O&M in order to reduce the unit cost of operation.
- Provides rail connectivity to few industrial users in Gandhidham area in order to provide seamless operation.
- KRC is an excellent model of public-private partnership which has proved to be a win-win situation, both for shareholders as well as the customers. While, Indian Railways got a line in such a short time and provided a vital link between the ports in Gujarat and northern hinterland, other shareholders such as Deendayal Port and APSEZ, and Govt. of Gujarat have got tremendous advantage of getting fast rail connectivity, which will help growing their business. Rail customers have got a shorter and much faster route which provides them savings in freight. Company has been able to effectively control the project cost from Rs. 550 Crores to Rs. 500 Crores and commissioned the project successfully ahead of time.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form