LAst Date:16 Mar,2019
Advt No : 01 of 2019
Municipal Service Commission (MSCWB)
MSCWB aka Municipal Service Commission West Bengal invites applications for the post of 150 Junior Engineer. Apply Online before 16 March 2019. MSCWB Recruitment Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official Website is www.mscwb.org
Name of the post – Junior Engineer
No of post – 150
Pay Scale – 9,000- 40,500/-
Diploma in relevant discipline from any recognized Polytechnic/ Institution approved by AICTE with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent grade with at least 01 (one) year experience in Construction I Supervision I Management I 0 & M after obtaining a diploma. 21 – 32 years as on 01.01.2019
General Information:latest karnataka govt jobs
- On-line applications are invited through our website www.mscwb.orq from the Citizens of India for recruitment to different category of posts under Kolkata Metropolitan Development Authority on and from 13.022019.
- Lower and Upper age limit are 21 years and 32 years respectively as on 1st January, 2019. Upper age relaxation up to 5 (five) years is admissible only to S.C., S.T. & P.W.D. candidates and up to 3 years to O.B.C. (A & B) candidates of West Bengal. The upper age limit is also relaxable in case of a candidate who has been in the employment of the Central Government or the State Government or Government Undertaking or Statutory Body, recognized for the purpose by the State Government and is not out of such employment for more than a year on the date of advertisement , to the extent of actual period spent continuously in such employment subject to a maximums (five) years.
- Method of Recruitment & Syllabus: The method of recruitment and Syllabus will be notified later on in our website www.mscwb.orq.
- Application fee for U.R. & O.B.0 (A & B) candidates is Rs. 150=00 (Rupees One hundred and fifty) plus Processing Charges Rs. 50=00 (Rupees Fifty) plus Rs. 20=00 (Rupees Twenty) towards Bank Charges for Challan deposit.
- For S.C., S.T. & P.H. candidates only Processing Charges Rs, 50=00 (Rupees Fifty) plus Rs. 20=00 (Rupees Twenty) towards Bank Charges for Challan deposit.
- The application fees plus Processing charges as mentioned in Para’s (1) and (2) above shall be collected by all the branches of the United Bank of India and the same to be deposited to Account No. 0088010367936 through Challan generated after submission of On¬line Application at our website www.mscwb.orq.
- Besides above, a candidate may opt. for On-line payment of aforesaid fees and charges through Indiaideas.com Limited (Bill Desk).
- A candidate now in service under Central or the State Government I Semi Government / Local I Statutory Body shall have to ensure that No-Objection Certificate (N.O.C.) from his I her present Employer reaches the Office of the West Bengal Municipal Service Commission within 7 (Seven) days preceding the date of Personality Test / Interview. Otherwise he / she will be considered not eligible for the Personality Test / Interview. If at any stage a candidate is found ineligible for admission in terms of condition of eligibility for this Examination, his / her candidature will be rejected without further reference to him / her.
- Last date for Registration for on-line application and generation of challan is 14.03.2019 and application fee along with processing charges must be deposited to the Bank by 15.03.2019 and the process of submission of Application must be completed by 16.03.2019.
- The West Bengal Municipal Service Commission reserves the right to rectify errors and omissions, if any, in the process of holding the Examination and final declaration of result.
- Eligible candidates may apply online at MSCWB’s website (https://www.mscwb.org/) from 13 Feb 2019 to 16 Mar 2019.
- West Bengal Municipal Service Commission has been entrusted with the important work of recruitment of employees for the Kolkata Municipal Corporation. The process for recruitment involves advertisement in the National Dailies for the posts, conduct of examination, interview and recommendation to the Corporation. The West Bengal Municipal Service Commission takes appropriate steps for the conduct of the recruitment process ensuring the quality and standard needed for the post. The West Bengal Municipal Service Commission is in existence for over 50 years.
- West Bengal Municipal Service Commission was constituted under the West Bengal Municipal Service Commission Act, 2018 by a Notification of State Government dated 31 st December, 2018 and it came into force with effect from 2nd day of January 2019. Its predecessor, however, was Municipal Service Commission constituted under the Calcutta Municipal Corporation Act, 1980, which came into being with effect from 22nd March, 1984. The predecessor of Municipal Service Commission was the Calcutta Municipal Service Commission which came into being with effect from January 1954. This Commission can be called an organization with 64 years of existence . Functions of the Commission have emanated from the provisions of Sec. 7 of the West Bengal Municipal Service Commission Act 2018, which reads as follows, “It shall be duty of the Commission to select persons for direct recruitment to such category of posts and services in establishment of Urban Local Bodies (Municipal Corporations, Municipalities, Notified Area Authorities, Industrial Township Authorities) and also establishment of different organizations under Urban Development and Municipal Affairs Department, Government of West Bengal.
- This Commission is constituted in terms of provisions of Section 8 of West Bengal Municipal Service Commission Act 2018, a Notification of State Government dated 2nd January 2019. According to the Notification the West Bengal Municipal Service Commission shall consist of a Chairman and three Members , two to be nominated by the State Government and one of whom shall be representative of Backward Classes Welfare Department.
- Functions of the Commission, tenure and entitlement of the Chairman, Members and staffing pattern are guided by the West Bengal Municipal Service Commission Rules 2018. The Chairman and Members are to hold office for a maximum term of five years or till their attaining 65 years of age, whichever is earlier. The Secretary of the Commission may be an officer directly appointed or promoted from amongst the officers of the Commission or may be deputed by State Government.
- The city is divided into 144 administrative wards that are grouped into 16 boroughs.Each of these wards elects a councillor to the KMC. Each borough has a committee consisting of the councillors elected from the respective wards of the boroughs. The Corporation, through the borough committees, maintains government-aided schools, hospitals and municipal markets and partakes in urban planning and road maintenance.The corporation as the apex body discharges its function through the Mayor-in-Council, consisting of a mayor, assisted by a deputy mayor, and ten other elected members of the KMC. The mayor is responsible for the overall functioning of the KMC and has a tenure of five years.At present, the All India Trinamool Congress holds the power in the KMC.
- When recruitment is to be made by promotion, the Commission shall consider the claims of officers eligible for promotion, on examination of their records of service and after interviewing them, where considered necessary, and recommend to the appointing authority as many officers as there are vacancies, subject to sufficient number of officers being found suitable.
- The interview Board is presided over by the Chairman or by the members of the Commission as the case may be. Experts drawn from respective field/discipline, pertaining to the post for which recruitment is being done shall assist them.
- Notwithstanding anything contained in these regulations, the Commission may prepare a panel or keep a reserve list of suitable candidates, against anticipated vacancies which shall be drawn upon in order of merit: Provided that such a panel or a reserve list shall be in no circumstances remain valid for a period exceeding one year from the date of preparation of the panel/reserve list.
- The Commission will present an Annual Report containing details of the work done by the Commission. It is also available on the website of the Commission.
- For providing information to the public under RTI Act 2005, a Public Information Officer (MSC) and an Appellate Authority have been appointed by the Commission. Their names and telephone number are available on the website of the Commission.
- As a general rule, applications, answer-scripts, attendance sheets, attendance lists and used and unused Question Papers/Test Booklets shall not be retained in Commission for more than two years with effect from the date of publication of results of Recruitment and Departmental Examinations, and finalization in all respects of Selection cases of direct recruitment after advertisement. All relevant papers relating to cases of adoption of unfair means, pendency of Civil Rules, pending cases of allotment/recommendation, refund of fees, if any, shall be kept in the safe custody of the Commission, till final settlement of the issues concerned. After the aforesaid period of two years, papers which are to be treated as no longer required shall be disposed off.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form