Last Date:15 Mar,2019
Advt No. IIPE/VSP/Faculty/Advt/01/2019
Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE)
Applications in prescribed format are invited from Eligible Candidates for the recruitment to 3 contractual positions of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor by Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE) for given project.Application should be sent to the given address latest by 15-03-2019 .The applications received without legible copies of documents or apparently containing incomplete information & those received after prescribed date will be summarily rejected.
Name of the post – Associate & Assistant Professor
No of post – 03
Pay Scale – Rs 159100,Rs 139600
Ph.D. and min 10 yrs experience.
General Information:himachal government jobs
- Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE) is an Institute of National Importance at par with IITs and IIMs and enacted by Parliament vide the Indian Institute of Petroleum & Energy Act, 2017 (No: 3 of 2018). It has started its operations in Visakhapatnam, the state of Andhra Pradesh, engaged in teaching, research and development and requires faculty for its various academic units.The Institute invites applications from Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs) and Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) [*], possessing excellent academic track record,commitment to top quality teaching and proven credentials for carrying out outstanding research and development for its various Departments.
- Minimum requirement of experience may be relaxed in respect of outstanding candidates.
- Degree obtained by the candidate should have been awarded by a recognized University / Institute.
- Mere eligibility shall not vest any right on any candidate for being called for interview. The decision of the Institute in all matters will be final. No correspondence will be entertained from the candidates in connection with the process of selection / interview.
- The Institute reserves the right to call for interview only those candidates shortlisted on the basis of their qualification, experience, research and publication records and departmental/specialization requirement,interaction session arranged by IIPE, etc.
- Outstation candidates are required to atleast attend in person for one of the Interaction or Final interview when he/she asks to attend by skype or video conferencing interview for one of them.
- The candidates should be preferably below 35 years of age for the post of Assistant Professor.
- A person working in Govt. Organization / Autonomous Bodies / PSUs etc.will be required to produce the No Objection Certificate before the interview or should send his / her application through proper channel also.
- The Institute reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all the posts advertised.
- Persons employed in Government organizations / quasi government organizations should submit their application through proper channel.
- Travel support to the extent of Air fare (economy class) by the shortest route within India and Institute provide accommodation for the candidates appearing for the final interview for faculty position.
- Canvassing in any manner may entail disqualification of the candidature.
- Any dispute with regard to the selection / recruitment process will be subject to the Courts / Tribunals having jurisdiction at Visakhapatnam only.
- Candidates possessing requisite qualification & experience are required to apply online to <firstname.lastname@example.org> so as to reach the office by 15th March 2019, and send a signed hardcopy print out of online application to the Director,
- Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy, II Floor of Andhra University Engineering College Principal’s office, Visakhapatnam 530003. In the absence of the hardcopy of the application, the online application will not be considered.
- For all other details, the candidates may contact the Administrative Officer or any other person authorized for the purpose, Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy, II Floor of Andhra University Engineering College Principal’s office,Visakhapatnam 530 003.
- Reservation : Without any compromise on qualification, experience and competence,reservation for SC / ST / OBC / PWD categories is applicable as per MHRD / Government of India rules.
- Suitable residential on campus accommodation will be provided on joining the Institute, as and when the accommodation gets ready.
- The objective of establishing IIPE is to meet the quantitative and qualitative gap and supply of skilled manpower for Petroleum Sector and to boost the research activities needed for growth of sector.
- Learn, Experience and Implement is what IIPE strives for and inculcate the same in the students.
- The Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE) Engineering is an Institute of National Importance at par with IITs and IIMs and enacted by Parliament vide the Indian Institute of Petroleum & Energy Act, 2017 (No: 3 of 2018). It has started its operations in Visakhapatnam the state of Andhra Pradesh at AU College of Engineering as its temporary campus. Govt. of Andhra Pradesh has allotted Ac 201.80 cts of land at Vangali Village, Sabbavaram Mandal, Visakhapatnam where the permanent campus is going to come. IIPE is an autonomous institute under the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, Govt. of India and backed by public sector Oil and Gas giant viz. HPCL, IOCL, ONGC, GAIL, OIL whose CEOs are on the Board of IIPE.
- IIPE aims to be one of the top ranked institutes at National and International level in the Petroleum and Energy sector, research has the core activity.
- IIPE has tied up with IIT-Guwahati (JEE Advanced 2016) for the selection of candidates for the academic session that began on August 01, 2016. Consequently tied up with IIT Madras for Academic Year 2017-18 and IIT Kanpur for the Academic Year 2018-19 for the selection of candidates. The students will be selected based on the JEE Advanced ranks.
- The Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy is offering two undergraduate courses viz. Petroleum Engineering and Chemical Engineering. The first batch for the academic session 2016-17 has commenced in the first week of August. Now two batches have been admitted and third batch admission of 2018-19 are in progress. The campus is fully loaded with laboratories, workshops, e-library and Wi-Fi access for all the students.
- Within a span of short time, IIPE entered into academic MoUs with Texas A & M University, USA and University of Houston, USA for research collaboration, faculty exchange, student internships etc.
- INDIAN INSTITUTE OF PETROLEUM AND ENERGY (IIPE) is the first Petroleum institute of National importance planned to be started in Vizag.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form