Last Date :26 Nov,2019
Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH)
GMCH Chandigarh is inviting eligible candidates to apply online for 89 contractual posts of Senior Resident, Medical Officer and Various.Interested and Eligible Candidates may apply online by 26-11-2019 , after making sure that they meet the concerned eligibility criteria. All personal and educational details must be mentioned properly.
Name of the post – Senior Resident, Medical Officer and Various
No of post – 89
Pay Scale – As per norms
Postgraduate in related Medical trade or equivalent.
General Conditions:government doctor jobs
- It is made clear to all the candidates that their candidature is provisional and further subject to the fulfillment eligibility criteria, age, verification of documentary proof. In case, they do not fulfill the eligibility criteria, overage, their candidature will be rejected straightway and they do not fulfill the eligibility will not be called for interview under any circumstances.
- The candidates who are willing to apply for the above said posts must have the essential qualification, experience etc. stated above.
- The numbers of posts and reservation thereof are tentative and can be increased or decreased. The department reserves the right to reject/cancel any application or withdraw the posts at any time without assigning any reasons or without any notice whatsoever and in this regard, no application fee will be refunded.
- No TA/DA etc. will be paid to the candidates, who are called for the Written Test, Interview etc.
- The Written Test will be held in Chandigarh only. The candidate with valid application shall be issued call letters/E-Admit Cards on GMCH website. These should be downloaded by the candidates directly from the GMCH website www.gmch.dov.in by clicking at link “VACANCIES”by entering his/her Registration Number/Application ID and Date of Birth. Call letters/Admit Card will not be sent by post.. The list of provisionally eligible candidates will be displayed on GMCH website.
- The claim of the candidate belonging to SC, OBC & EWS categories will be considered only when the same is accompanied by the certificate issued by the Tehsildar/Executive Magistrate in the format prescribed for SC, OBC and EWS by the Government of India and should have the clause of non-creamy layer.
- The claim of candidates belonging to OBC category will only be considered if the Caste of OBC reflects in U.T. Chandigarh list in view of the partial modification in letter No. 24/4/94-IH(7)2003/23827 dated 23.12.2003 circulated by the Department of Personnel Chandigarh Administration, Chandigarh vide their letter No. 27/4/94- IH(7)-2015/16074 dated 03.08.2015.
- On the basis of written test, the merit list will be prepared and short listed candidates will be called for interview as per schedule given above. The short listed candidates must bring all original certificates along with one set of photocopy, duly attested/self attested.
- No separate letter for Written Test, Interview etc. will be sent.
- Candidates are required to have a valid personal e-mail ID which should be kept active during the recruitment process, as all the information relating to recruitment of the said posts will be available only on On-Line. The candidates should ensure that the e-mail ID is not shared or mentioned to any other person. It is requested not to use any other person’s e-mail ID. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID before applying.
- The eligible candidates are required to bring all the certificates/testimonials in original, in support of their qualification, experience and date of birth etc. and also NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE from the present employer, if working in the Govt./Semi Govt./Corporate Body/Undertaking of the Central/State Govt. and in absence of which the candidate will not be allowed to appear for Interview. All the original certificates/documents will be verified at the time of interview.
- The Candidates already in Government service must route their applications through proper channel and also attach NOC from the present employer, failing which their applications shall not be entertained under any circumstances.
- The persons who have earlier worked in this institute and their services were dispensed with on account of misconduct or otherwise by this institute are not eligible to apply against these posts.
- The candidate can apply in various departments for the post of Demonstrator and attached the attested copies of educational qualifications, experience, date of birth, character certificate, medical registration certificate with Medical Council of India/ State Medical Council, internship completion certificate, Mark Sheet of MBBS First Prof, Second Prof, Final Prof-Part-I and II, valid Reservation Certificate, No Objection Certificate from the present employer along with latest photograph should be submitted; otherwise the candidature will be rejected straightway.
How To Apply:
- The candidate should apply only Online for the above said posts till 26.11.2019 upto 01:00 P.M.
- The application is to be filled up Online on website www.qmch.gov.in by clicking on `VACANCIES’.
- Before filling up On-line application, the candidate must have his/her photograph scanned in the jpg format, which should not exceed 15 KB in size and it has to be uploaded at the time of filling up of Online Application Form.
- On successful submission of form on the website www.qmch.gov.in, candidates are advised to retain one copy of the print-out of the Form, which will have Registration Number/Application ID printed on it, for further enquiry.
- Online registration shall commence after 11.11.2019 from the date of Publication of this Advertisement and shall close on 26.11.2019 at 01:00 P.M.
- The above said posts are tenure posts and the appointment will be made maximum for the period of 3 years from the date of joining, being tenure post with no further extension under any circumstances, subject to the condition that in case his/her work and conduct does not found satisfactory at any stage, his/her services shall be terminated without assigning any reason. Senior Residency, if done, in any Central Institution/ Hospital under the Central Residency Scheme, the same shall be counted while working out the tenure of three years so as the maximum period of Senior
Residency does not exceed three years.
- FOR SENIOR RESIDENTS, RESIDENT ANAESTHETIST & RESIDENT PATHOLOGIST CASUALTY MEDICAL OFFICERS (GENERAL MEDICINE & GENERAL SURGERY): 37 years and in case of post doctoral degree holders is 40 years [Relaxable 3 years for OBC, 5 years for SC/ST & Govt. Servants (maximum upto 40 years )(THROUGH PROPER CHANNEL). In case of widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from their Husbands, who are not remarried shall be 35 years (40 years for members of SC).
- FOR DEMONSTRATORS, EMERGENCY MEDICAL OFFICER, & MEDICAL OFFICERS (MO) : 37 years for MBBS and PG degree holder [Relaxable 3 years for OBC, 5 years for SC/ST & Govt. Servants (maximum 40 years) (THROUGH PROPER CHANNEL). In case of widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from their Husbands, who are not remarried shall be 35 years (40 years for members of SC).
- Chandigarh the ‘City Beautiful’ has one of the best educational facilities in the country. Besides the Panjab University and the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, it has an Engineering College, College of Arts, College of Architecture, a number of Government and Private Degree Colleges and other prestigious and important research institutions. However city lacked a Medical College for graduate i.e. MBBS and postgraduate studies for the students belonging to Chandigarh. Chandigarh Administration decided to establish a Medical College in Chandigarh to remove this deficiency. For this purpose the Department of Medical Education & Research was created. In pursuance of the No Objection Certificate issued by the Government of India, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, vide their U.O. No. 12013/31-90ME(P) dated 15-01-91 Government Medical College was started in 1991 with following broad objectives:
- To fulfill the glaring deficiency of an undergraduate Medical College in the Union Territory of Chandigarh which offers the best educational facilities in all other fields. The Government Medical College will be attached to a teaching hospital.
- To act as a center for Continuing Medical Education Programmes for various categories of technical and non-technical personnel of different disciplines working within and from other institutions/hospitals.
- To render facilities for conducting research activities relating to different specialties, as and when required
- The foundation stone laying ceremony was performed by the former Hon’ble Prime Minister of India, Shri Chandra Shekhar on 20 January, 1991 in Sector 32 on the quilt of 36.09 acre of land allotted by the Chandigarh Administration. Construction for this College and Hospital started in 1991 itself. In the meantime Government Medical College started functioning from Prayaas building, Sector 38, Chandigarh with General Hospital, Sector 16 as an attached teaching hospital.
- The College was granted provisional affiliation for the MBBS course by the Panjab University, vide letter No. 8334/Misc. dated 12.9.91, and permanent affiliation vide letter No.2730/A-4/Misc. dated 3.4.99 for 50 admissions annually. Admissions to this Medical College have strictly been on merit on the basis of competitive examinations conducted by CBSE and Combined Entrance Test conducted by the Panjab University/NEET. The first batch of 50 students was admitted in August, 1991 and each subsequent year similar batches have been admitted. The first academic session was inaugurated in September, 1991 by Sh. Baleshwar Rai, the then Adviser to the Administrator of Chandigarh. The first batch of students passed their final MBBS examinations conducted by the Panjab University in January, 1996 and completed their 12 months compulsory rotating internship in January, 1997. College has been recognized for the award of MBBS degree by Government of India, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare w.e.f. 30 December, 1996, vide letter No.34(41)98-Med./21035 dated 9.11.98, and has been included in the list of recognized Medical Colleges by the Medical Council of India vide letter No.MCI-34(41)97-Med/2276 dated 25.4.97.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form