Last Date:30 Sep,2019
Delhi Technological University (DTU)
DTU is inviting eligible candidates to apply online for 87 contractual posts of Assistant Professor.Interested and Eligible Candidates may apply online by 30-09-2019 , after making sure that they meet the concerned eligibility criteria. All personal and educational details must be mentioned properly.
Name of the post — Assistant Professor
No of post — 87
Pay Scale — Rs. 15,600- 39100/- AGP Rs. 6000/-
B.E./B.Tech. and M.E./ M.Tech. in relevant branch with 1st class or equivalent either in B.E./B.Tech. or M.E./ M.Tech.
General Instructions:government jobs
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Application Form must be accompanied by a online fee receipt of Rs.1000/- in case of General/OBC candidates and Rs.500/- in case of EWS/SC/ST/PH Category candidates. No other mode of payment will
be accepted by the University.
- Application Form must also be accompanied by self attested copies of Educational and Professional Qualifications, Experience, Caste Certificate/PH Certificate (in case claiming benefit of reservation).
- Prescribed Educational Qualifications are minimum & mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. Where number of applications received are more, the University reserves the right to short-list the candidates to be called for interview and no claim for refund of fee shall be entertained in any case.
- The University reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all the posts advertised, no correspondence whatsoever will be entertained from the candidates regarding postal delays, conduct and result of screening test/interview and reason for not being called for interview.
- The number of posts advertised is provisional and can be varied as per the requirement of the University.
- Reservation benefits will be available to the EWS/SC/ST/OBC/PH category candidates in accordance with the instructions / orders / circulars issued from time to time by the Govt. of Delhi. The reservation benefits under SC/STs shall be admissible as per judgment dated 12.9.2012 of Hon’ble High Court of Delhi as passed in No. 5390/2010, CM No. 20815/2010 – Deepak Kumar and Ors Vs District and Sessions Judge, Delhi and Ors. as per which SC/ST candidates of other States/UTs shall also be eligible for reservation benefit. However, this shall be further subject to policy decision of Govt. of Delhi for SC/ST migrants of other States.
- The OBC candidates must be in possession of filled prescribed Annexure I, alongwith his/her caste certificate issued by the Govt. of Delhi only.
- The candidates applying under EWS category must fulfill the condition as prescribed by the Govt. of NCT of Delhi vide circular no. F.19(10)./2018/S-IV/1595 dated 28.05.2019.
- The candidates applying for more than one discipline should submit separate application form alongwith requisite fees.
- The Educational qualification, age, experience and other conditions of eligibility as stipulated above against the post shall be determined as on the closing date of receipt of applications.
- Applicants already in employment in Government Department/ Autonomous Bodies/Universities under Central/State Government should apply through proper channel.
- The persons working in private organization, claiming previous experience of working in Government Department/Autonomous Bodies/Universities under Central/State Government on regular basis, should enclose a certificate from that Govt. organization stating no vigilance or disciplinary case was pending or contemplated against them. Failure to provide the same shall make them ineligible for consideration to the post.
- Incomplete application and those received after closing date or without requisite fees shall be rejected and no claim for refund of fee shall be entertained in any case.
- Candidates must ensure that their application must reach the University well in time. The University willnot be responsible for any postal delay or loss.
- No TA/DA in connection with the submission of application form or appearing in the screeningtest/presentation/interview will be paid to the candidate.
- If the qualification possessed by the candidate is equivalent, then the authority (with number and date) under which it has been so treated must be indicated and its copy must be attached.
- No documents will be accepted or considered by the University after submission of application form by the candidate and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
- In case of any query candidate may enquire at email id firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 01127871044-45, Ext. No. 1132.
- Any dispute with regard to this recruitment will be subject to the Courts/Tribunals having jurisdiction over Delhi.
- The candidates are required to fill up the online application form and also send the print out of online filled Application Form with the desired/relevant documents to the Registrar, Delhi Technological University within ten days from the last date of submission of online application i.e. 30.09.2019.
- The printout of the online application form along with all the desired documents and requisite fee receipt should be submitted in the Office of The Registrar, DTU, Administrative Block on any working day OR sent by post, so as to reach the Registrar, Delhi Technological University, Shahbad Daulatpur, Bawana Road, Delhi110042 (In case the closing date happens to be a public holiday the next working day will be the last date for receiving of applications).
- Delhi Technological University (DTU), formerly known as the Delhi College of Engineering (DCE), is a premier public university located in New Delhi, India. It is Delhi’s first Engineering college and among those few engineering colleges of India which were set up before independence.It was established in 1941 as Delhi Polytechnic and was under the control of the Government of India. The college has been under the government of the National Capital Territory of Delhi since 1963 and was affiliated with the University of Delhi from 1952 to 2009. In 2009, the college was given state university status, thus changing its name to Delhi Technological University. Till the year 2009, DCE shared its admission procedure and syllabus for various B.E courses with Netaji Subhas University of Technology, formerly DIT, which were prescribed by Faculty of Technology, University of Delhi.
- DTU is well known for its excellent campus placements. Multiple students have been placed in foreign countries with packages over 1 crore INR. In the past few years, top companies such as Google, Apple, Facebook, Uber, Microsoft, Goldman Sachs, McKinsey among many others have come for recruiting students on campus. This along with the excellent legacy and reputation of the college as well as its highly distinguished alumni network[circular reference] and extremely selective admission process is the reason why DTU is widely regarded as one of the top engineering colleges in India apart from the first generation IITs.
- The college is especially reputed for its Mechanical Engineering Branch due to its numerous societies and technical teams which have fared exceedingly well in both national as well as international competitions.
- DTU is also the Parent College of a number of national institutes including Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT Delhi), Faculty of Management Studies (FMS DU), School of Planning and Architecture, Delhi (SPA D), Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSUT) and College of Art, Delhi.
- DTU offers courses towards Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech), Master of Technology (M.Tech), Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Physics, Mathematics and Biotechnology, Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) and Master of Business Administration (M.B.A) and contains fourteen academic departments with a strong emphasis on scientific and technological education and research. From 2017, the university also offers courses like Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Arts in Economics.
click above to download
the employment notification