Last Date:30 Nov,2019
Advt. No: LBC-Teaching/01/2019
University of Delhi (DU)
University of Delhi (DU) is inviting eligible candidates to apply online for 70 contractual posts of Assistant Professor (Lakshmibai College).Interested and Eligible Candidates may apply online by 30-11-2019 , after making sure that they meet the concerned eligibility criteria. All personal and educational details must be mentioned properly.
Name of the post – Assistant Professor (Lakshmibai College)
No of post – 70
Pay Scale – As per Norms
Master’s degree with 55% marks in a concerned/relevant /allied subject and NET qualified OR Ph.D
General Instruction:himachal government jobs
- All applicants are required to apply online in the prescribed format with complete, correct information and attachments. The applicant will be solely responsible for the authenticity of the submitted information. Applicants are required to fill the application form as available on the College website. The details regarding qualifications, experience, screening guidelines and indicative proformas etc. are available on the College website i.e. lakshmibaicollege.in along with this advertisement. The applicants are required to read these details before filling up the form.
- Applicants should possess the prescribed qualifications and experience as on the closing date of application, as prescribed by the University for the Colleges from time to time for th° respective post. The post advertised carry UGC pay scales plus admissible allowances. The posts are being advertised keeping in view the broad areas of specialization in subjects. However, the Department concerned may have specific requirement of specialization.
- The applications received shall be screened as per screening guidelines attached with this advertisement for short listing and recommending the applicants to be called for interview.
- Mere fulfillment of the qualification or the eligibility criteria does not entitle an applicant to be necessarily considered or called for interview.
- Publications ‘under submission’ or submitted to referees will not be considered towards calculation of marks for publication criteria. Further, all the items for which marks are claimed should be strictly in accordance with the screening guidelines attached with the advertisement.
- The minimum score requirement for shortlisting of applicants for the post of Assistant Professor is indicated in the screening guidelines attached herewith.
- No application fee will be charged from applicants from SC, ST, PwBDcategory and Women applicants.
- Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- No application fee shall be charged from applicants, who had applied for the same post in the preceding advertisement, subject to the condition that interview for the said post in the said subject had not been conducted. (The applicant shall have to provide the relevant details/proof of his/her having applied for the post against the advertisement referred herein).
- Application forms have to be filled only in online mode, as available on the website of the College along with this advertisement, within the prescribed time limit indicated in the advertisement. No offline forms would be accepted.
- Payment should be made online only, through credit/debit card/Net Banking.
- Applicants applying for more than one post/department must apply separately and pay fees separately.
- In order to avoid last minute rush, the applicants are advised to apply early. In case of any persistent technical issue, the applicants can mail their problem at the College E-mail ID.
- The reservation for applicants from SC, ST, EWS,OBC (non-creamy layer), and Persons with Benchmark Disability (PwBD) categories will be applicable as per UGC/Central Government norms.
- Applicants seeking reservation benefits available for SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PwBD categories must upload the necessary documents justifying the claim of respective reservation as per Govt. of India lists/rules/norms. The certificate uploaded should be in the format prescribed by the Union Government and should be digitally verifiable.
- En case the applicant wants to claim benefits under the PwBD category, the applicant’s relevant disability should not be less than 40 per cent. Proof to this effect in the form of a valid Disability Certificate must be uploaded with the application.
- Applicants applying for the post(s) reserved for OBC must upload certificate of OBC (non-creamy layer)in the prescribed form issued by Competent Authority. The certificate should be of the current financial year, in accordance with instructions issued by the Union Government in this respect from time to time. Applicants should ascertain that they belong to the reserved categories(caste) enlisted in the Central List for the Other Backward Classes.
- If the relevant certificates for respective reserved categories are not uploaded with the application, the application may be rejected and no appeal against its rejection will be entertained.
- Consequent upon adoption of self-certification provisions as required by the Govt. of India,the College shall process the applications entirely on the basis of information/documents uploaded with the application. In case the information/documents are found to be false/incorrect by way of omission or commission, the responsibility shall lie solely with the applicant and the applicant shall be liable for action as per law.
- The Shortlisted candidates called for interview should report along with all the testimonials/certificates in original along with valid photo ID (AadhaarNoter 1d/Driving License/Passport). A set of self-attested photocopy of certificates/testimonials with respect to the qualifications, experience and category as applicable, indicated in the online application form, duly certified by the applicant should be submitted at the time of interview.
- Applicants serving in Government/Public Sector Undertakings (including Boards/Autonomous Bodies) are required to submit No Objection Certificate’ from the employer at the time of interview, if not uploaded with the online application earlier. The NOC should also indicate the vigilance clearance from the parent department.
- All correspondence from the College including interview letter, if any, shall be sent only to the e-mail address provided by the applicant in the online application form.
- Applications which do not meet the eligibility criteria given in this advertisement and / or are incomplete in any respect shall be summarily rejected. Before applying online, applicants are advised to go through detailed notice available on the website of the College.
- Applicants must NOT furnish any particulars that are false, tampered or fabricated, or suppress any material / information while submitting the online application and uploading self-certified copies/testimonials.
- The College further reserves the right to amend the number of posts or not to fill any of the posts mentioned in the advertisement at its discretion without assigning any reason thereof.
- The College will verify the antecedents of the applicant at the time of appointment or anytime during the tenure of the service. In case it is found that the documents/information submitted by the candidate is false or the candidate has suppressed relevant information, the services of the candidate shall be terminated without prejudice to any other action initiated by the College.
- In case of the any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection, which may be detected at any stage even after the issuance of offer letter, the College reserves right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the applicants.
- In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of the College shall be final. Applicants are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess the essential qualifications laid down in the advertisement.18.
- No TA/DA shall be paid to candidates for attending interview.
- The last date for submission of the form shall be as specified in the advertisement.
- Canvassing in any form will be treated as a disqualification.
- Any dispute regarding the recruitment will fall under the jurisdiction of Delhi.
- The University of Delhi is a premier university of the country with a venerable legacy and international acclaim for highest academic standards, diverse educational programmes, distinguished faculty, illustrious alumni, varied co-curricular activities and modern infrastructure. Over the many years of its existence, the University has sustained the highest global standards and best practices in higher education. Its long-term commitment to nation building and unflinching adherence to universal human values are reflected in its motto: ‘Nishtha Dhriti Satyam’ ‘निष्ठा धृति सत्यम्’ (Dedication, Steadfastness and Truth).
- Established in 1922 as a unitary, teaching and residential University by the Act of the then Central Legislative Assembly, a strong commitment to excellence in teaching, research and social outreach has made the University a role-model and trend setter for other universities. The President of India is the Visitor, the Vice-President is the Chancellor and the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of India is the Pro-Chancellor of the University. Beginning with three colleges and 750 students, it has grown as one of the largest universities in India with 16 faculties, over 80 academic departments, an equal number of colleges and over seven lakh students. Over 500 programmes offered by the University are approved by Academic and Executive Councils, out of which 209 programmes are being considered for NAAC accreditation purpose. The rest being run in colleges are separately accredited.
- Drawing students and faculty from across India and abroad, the University has emerged as a symbol of excellence, integrity and openness of mansa (thought), vaacha (speech) and karmana (action).
Sir Maurice Gwyer, the then Vice-Chancellor, realizing the importance of a distinguished faculty to act as role models, relentlessly searched for talent all over the country and roped in men of eminence to this University, such as Prof. D.S. Kothari in Physics, Prof. T.R. Sheshadri in Chemistry, Prof. P Maheshwari in Botany and Prof. M L Bhatia in Zoology.
- Five Departments namely Chemistry, Geology, Zoology, Sociology and History have been awarded the status of the Centres of Advanced Studies. These Centres of Advanced Studies have carved a niche for themselves as centres of excellence in teaching and research in their respective areas. In addition, a good number of University departments are also receiving grants under the Special Assistance Programme of the UGC in recognition of their outstanding academic work. 10 Departments (Germanic & Romance Studies, Hindi, Persian, Geography, Music, East Asian Studies, Anthropology, Mathematics, B.R.Ambedkar, M. I.L.) are getting grants under DRS, 2 Departments (Buddhist Studies, English) are getting grants under DSA, 3 Departments (English, Buddhist Studies, Social Work) are getting grants under AISHSS and 3 Departments (African Studies, East Asian Studies, Developing Countries Research Centre) are getting grants under Area Studies Programmes. Department of Adult, Continuing Education and Extension and Women’s Studies & Development Centre of the University are also getting special funding from UGC. The University today boasts of as many as 15 big libraries apart from libraries in colleges. The University Science Instrumentation Centre (USIC) which is now situated close to the Physics and Chemistry Departments houses a number of sophisticated and high-end research instruments. These instruments are used quite frequently by Teachers and Research Scholars of postgraduate departments of the University as well as by many other institutions in Delhi and its neighbourhood. The University has recently laid fibre-optic network in the North and the South Campuses connecting all colleges and departments.
click above to download
the employment notification