Last Date:06 June,2019
National Geophysical Research Institute (NGRI)
Tamil Nadu, Telangana
NGRI is inviting eligible candidates to apply online for 66 contractual posts of Project Assistant, Project Scientist and Research Associate.Interested and Eligible Candidates may apply online by 06-06-2019 , after making sure that they meet the concerned eligibility criteria. All personal and educational details must be mentioned properly.
Name of the post – Assistant & Research Associate
No of post – 66
Pay Scale – Rs 15000,Rs 28000 – 36000,Rs 56100 – 67300…
B.Sc./ BCA/ Diploma in Electrical Engineering with min 55% marks/B.E / B.Tech in ECE/E&I/ IT/CSE/ Electronics / Communication / Instrumentation OR M.SC with min 55% marks/M.Sc with min 55%/Ph.D.
General Conditions:latest karnataka govt jobs
- Age relaxation: 5 years in case of SC/ST/OBC/PWD and Women candidates.
- Date & Time of Interview: 13th & 14th June, 2019 from 09:00 AM onwards.
- Registration: Candidates appearing for Interview against the above Post Codes are required to register on-line (For details, please visit CSIRNGRI website). The online registration will open at 10.00 a.m. on 25.05.2019 and will close at 06:00 p.m. on 06.06.2019.
- If the number of candidates registered online for Interview is very high, then the Candidates will be shortlisted by a screening committee based on academic qualification and /or experience and/or by holding written test. In case of short listing is done by Screening Committee, then the committee will adopt its own criteria. The list of candidates shortlisted by committee will be displayed on CSIR-NGRI website on 11.06.2019 and they are required to appear for Interview on 13th & 14th June, 2019. No separate call letters/admit cards will be issued for attending Interview. In case of written test, the same will be held on 13.06.2019. The candidates are advised to plan their itinerary and arrange own accommodation in such a way that they should be able to be present for interview during the very next day of the scheduled dates of interview also, in case need arises for so.
- The shortlisted candidates may appear for Interview along with originals and one set of photocopies of Certificates of educational qualification,age, caste (in case of SC/ST/OBC candidates), one recent passport size photo etc. on the date(s) and time as mentioned above at CSIR-National Geophysical Research Institute, Uppal Road, Hyderabad–500007.
- The number and levels of positions may increase or decrease at the time of actual selection. The engagement is for various time-bound projects viz., Grant-in-Aid, Sponsored Projects, In-house projects etc. which is co-terminus with the projects and may be extended or curtailed depending on the duration of the Project, satisfactory performance/conduct of the appointee. It is not a regular appointment, temporary or otherwise and therefore it does not entitle the incumbent(s) any claim, implicit or explicit on any CSIR/NGRI post. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
- The National Geophysical Research Institute (NGRI), a constituent research laboratory of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) was established in 1961 with the mission to carry out research in multidisciplinary areas of the highly complex structure and processes of the Earth system and its extensively interlinked subsystems. NGRI has the mandate to conduct research for public-good science to enable government agencies, public and private sector stakeholders to make informed decisions about use of geo-resources sustainably and improve preparedness and resilience to natural hazards. As a close understanding of Earth processes and its intersections with the growth and development of the human society only can secure the future, it is our vision to develop the knowledge base of Earth system processes and apply it to produce strategies to minimize loss of life and property from natural disaster as well as manage water, energy, and mineral resources for enhancing the quality of life.
- The research activities fall broadly under three themes: Geodynamics, which revolve round investigating and modeling fundamental aspects of the Earth system and processes, Earthquake Hazards, which encompass features on the surface and subsurface of crust which may potentially endanger lives and properties through catastrophes like earthquakes and landslides as well as deterioration in pollution levels of groundwater and soil, changes in climatic conditions and associated environmental issues. The theme Natural Resources comprise of implementation of techniques to identify primary geo-resources, which are the pillars of human civilization and fount of economic growth like groundwater, hydrocarbons as well as alternate energy sources and minerals.
- The Institute is structured into seven major R&D Groups and twenty one Activities, which include expertise in a variety of geophysical, geochemical, geological techniques like Seismology, Magnetotellurics, GPS, Paleo-seismology, Structural geology, Controlled source seismics, Gravity and Magnetics, Geochemistry, Geochronology, Paleomagnetism, Planetary geology, Geomagnetism, Airborne geophysics, Shallow subsurface geophysics and Rock Mechanics, Hydrochemistry, Paleo-environmental studies and Modeling and simulation of Earth processes. With 95 qualified scientists and equal number of technical staff, 150 project researchers and 50 PhD students, state-of-art computational and laboratory facilities and a nation wide network of observation sites, NGRI in partnership with sister agencies, public sector and private industries is committed to address the challenges of the near future and bring the benefits of science to impact societal priorities.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form