Last Date:22 July,2019
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)
TNPSC aka Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission invites application for the post of 7030 Combined Civil Services Examination (Group-IV), Junior Scientific Officer, Assistant Engineer & Various Vacancy 2019. TNPSC Recruitment Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official website is www.tnpsc.gov.in
Name of the post — Junior Scientific Officer
No of post — 64
Pay Scale — 36,900 – 1,16,600/- (Level 18)
M.Sc., (Forensic Science) Degree and a Degree in the Botany / Zoology / Physics/ Chemistry / Computer Science.
General Instruction:government jobs
- The rule of reservation of appointment is applicable for this post.
- If no qualified and suitable women candidates are available for selection against the vacancies reserved for them, those vacancies will be filled up by male candidates belonging to the respective communal categories.
- In G.O.(Ms.) No.145, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (S) Department, dated 30.09.2010 and G.O.(Ms.) No.40, Personnel and Administrative Reforms(S) Department dated 30.04.2014, the Government have issued orders to fill up 20% of vacancies in direct recruitment on preferential basis to the persons who have studied the prescribed qualification in Tamil Medium. The 20% reservation of vacancies on preferential allotment to Persons Studied in Tamil Medium (PSTM) will apply to this recruitment, if Tamil medium of studies for the prescribed qualification is available. (Applicants claiming this reservation should have joined and studied the prescribed qualification in Tamil Medium and should have the certificate for the same. Having written the University examinations in Tamil language alone will not qualify the candidate for claiming this reservation). If the candidates with PSTM certificate are not available for selection for appointment against reserved turn, such turns shall be filled up by eligible Non-PSTM candidates, but belonging to the respective communal category. The PSTM certificate shall be produced / uploaded by the candidate in prescribed format/ proforma available in the Commission’s website at www.tnpsc.gov.in which shall be obtained from the Head of the Institution and to be submitted when called for by the Commission. [For further details refer to para. 27 (XIX) of the “Instructions to Applicants’’].
- The number of vacancies notified is only approximate and is liable for modification / reduction with reference to vacancy position, at any time before finalization of selection.
- The selection for appointment to this post is purely provisional subject to final orders pending on the Writ Petitions, if any, filed before the Hon’ble Madras High Court and Madurai Bench of Madras High Court.
- Even after filling up of the vacancies reserved for SC Arunthathiyars on preferential basis, if more number of qualified Arunthathiyars are available, they shall be entitled to compete with the Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars in the inter-se merit among them and if any post reserved for Arunthathiyars remain unfilled for want of adequate number of qualified applicants, it shall be filled up by Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars.
- As mentioned in Section 26 and 27 (C) of Tamil Nadu Government Servants (Conditions of Service) Act, 2016, the reservation of appointment to Destitute Widows and Ex-Servicemen will not apply to this recruitment.
- This post is not included under the list of posts of Group-A & B category which are identified as suitable for 4% reservation to Differently Abled Persons vide G.O.(Ms).No.20, Welfare of Differently Abled (DAP 3.2) Department, dated 20.06.2018.
- Evidence for claims made in the online application should be uploaded / submitted within stipulated time when the documents are called for by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. Any subsequent claim made thereafter on submission of online application will not be entertained. Failure to submit the documents within the stipulated time limit will entail rejection of the application.
- Incomplete applications and applications containing wrong claims or incorrect particulars relating to category of reservation / age / communal category / educational qualification / PSTM / physical qualification and other basic eligibility criteria will be rejected summarily.
- One-Time Registration is not an application for any Post / Recruitment. Though the details/particulars were furnished in the One-Time Registration by the applicants, the details/particulars furnished in the online application submitted for this recruitment alone will be taken into consideration. Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission will not be responsible for any consequences arising out of furnishing of incorrect and incomplete details in the application or omission to provide the required details in the application for this recruitment.
- Selection will be made in two successive stages i.e., (i) Written Examination and (ii) Oral Test in the form of an interview. Based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination and availability of vacancies for the particular group, the tentative list of eligible candidates for Certificate Verification will be announced in the Commission’s website. After verification of the original certificates, the eligible candidates will be summoned for Oral Test following the rule of reservation of appointment and availability of vacancies for the particular group. A candidate who has not appeared in any one of the papers in Written Examination or Oral Test will not be considered for selection, even if he/she secures qualifying marks in the Written Examination or Oral Test. Final selection for appointment to this post will be done in the form of counselling on the basis of total marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination and Oral Test taken together, subject to the rule of reservation of appointment and availability of vacancies for the particular group.
- As per Article 320 (3) (a) & (b) of the constitution of India, the Commission shall be consulted on all matters relating to methods of recruitment to Civil Services and for Civil posts and also on the principles to be followed in making appointments to Civil services and posts and in making promotions and transfer.
- Receives proposals for framing of rules and amendment of rules governing various posts in the Government Departments.
- Views of the Commission in the proposals are obtained and communicated to the Government.
- Incorporates any deviations in the Annual Report.
- Suggests modification in the rules to respective Government Departments.
- Watch for the due date in reporting of estimate of vacancies by the respective Government Departments / Head of Departments in various posts as per recruitment programme.
- For the reported vacancies, notifications are prepared with reference to the rules governing the post(s).
- If there is any deficiency, the Government / Unit Officers are asked for clarification.
- Issues the notification / advertisement for direct recruitment on approval by the Commission.
- Carries out amendment to the programme G.O. and revision of scheme of examinations and Medical G.O.
- Formulation and revision of syllabus to various recruitment examinations are carried out.Conducts equivalence Committee meetings and watches for the issue of Government orders on the recommendations of the Committee.
- Carries out the work of modification to the scheme of selections to various posts, as and when required.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form