Last Date:09 October,2019
Advt. No. : 28/2019-20
Gujarat Public Service Commission (GPSC)
GPSC aka Gujarat Public Service Commission invites Sarkari Job application for posts of 61 Horticulture Officer. Apply Online before 09 October 2019. GPSC Recruitment Qualification, eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official website is www.gpsc.gujarat.gov.in
Name of the post – Horticulture Officer
No of post – 61
Pay Scale – 39,600 – 1,26,600/- Level 7
Bachelor degree in science (Horticulture) or a post-graduate degree in Agriculture (Horticulture) form recognized University.
General Information:police recruitment
- On line applications are invited for the post of the Horticulture Officer, in the Gujarat Horticulture Service, Class-II Under the Agriculture, Farmers Welfare and Co-Operation Department (Advt.- 28 /2019-20) between date: 24/09/2019, 13.00 Hrs. to date: 09/10/2019, 13.00 Hrs.
- Candidate shall carefully read the Advertisement No. and Name of the Post before Applying online. Candidates shall confirm the application only after verifying the details filled in the application form.
- Any request or representation to correct any error or omission in the confirmed online application,or information filled in by the candidates shall not be accepted.
- In case of more than one online application made by the candidate, only the latest confirmed application will be considered by the Commission. For candidates belonging to unreserved category the last confirmed application with fees will be considered by the Commission.
- Candidates shall keep ready the certificate required in case of eligibility for interview(in the order mentioned in the general instructions)
- Certificates for eligibility for reservation in favour of EWS c a n d i d a t e s shall be in the format as prescribed by social justice and empowerment department, Government of Gujarat’s Resolution No: EWS/122019/45903/A, Date: 25/01/2019. (Annexure- kh in English and Annexure “g” in Gujarati). The candidates shall mention the number and date of EWS certificate while applying online.
- Out of above mentioned posts one post is reserved for Physically Disabled Candidates. Those candidates who have disability of O.L. (One leg affected) or O.A. (One Arm affected) or B.L. (Both leg affected) or H. H. (Hearing Hadicapped) having disability from 40% and above and less than 75% can apply. The candidates possessing other than the prescribed physical disabilities are not eligible to apply.
- The candidates belonging to reserved category can apply against vacancies for Unreserved Category and the criteria for Selection will be applicable as per Unreserved Category.
- Possess a Bachelor degree in science (Horticulture) or a post-graduate degree in Agriculture (Horticulture) obtained from any of the Agriculture/Horticulture Universities incorporated or established by or under the Central Agriculture Universities Act or State Agriculture Universities Act in India;
- Possess the basic knowledge of Computer Application as prescribed in the Gujarat Civil Services Classification and Recruitment (General) Rules, 1967.
- Possess adequate knowledge of Gujarati or Hindi or both.
- 10 Years (maximum up to 45 years) Physically Disabled: In the case of physically disabled candidates, who have disability of O.A. (One Arm affected), O.L. (One Leg affected), B.L. (Both Leg affected) and H.H (Hearing Handicapped) having disability of 40% and above and less than 75%. No relaxation is available to the candidates possessing other than the prescribed physical disabilities.
- 05 Years Male Candidates belonging to Economically Weaker Sections, S.C., S. T. & S.E.B.C. Category of Gujarat state.
- 10 Years (maximum up to 45 years, Inclusive of Five years relaxation for women Woman Candidates belonging to Economically Weaker Sections, S.C., S. T. & S.E.B.C. Category of Gujarat state
- 05 Years Woman Candidates belonging to Unreserved category
- If experience is prescribed as one of the qualifications, the upper age limit shall not apply.
- A candidate who is already in Gujarat Govt. service, either as a permanent or a Temporary officiating continuously for six months and had not crossed age limit prescribed for the advertised post at the time of his first appointment. If experience is not prescribed as one of the qualifications in the advertisement, Govt. servants who are working on the post from which an employee can be promoted to the post so advertised, be entitled to relaxation of 5 years, or to the extent of equal number of years for which service has been put in by him, whichever is less.
- The candidate having qualification from foreign University has to produce necessary documents /proof regarding the recognition/equivalence of their degree. It will be the responsibility of the candidate to produce necessary documents in time. Otherwise Commission will not consider any representation about this.
- Candidates of General Category have to pay Rs.100/- as Application fee. While candidates of Reserved Category of Gujarat State, candidates who are physically disable, Ex-Serviceman, & Economically Weaker Sections have not to pay application fee. While candidates of Reserved Category of Other States have to apply in unreserved category and have to pay application fee.
- The Gujarat Public Service Commission (GPSC) was formed under article 315(1) in the Constitution of India in 1 May 1960. To select applicants for civil service jobs in the Indian state of Gujarat according to the merits of the applicants and the rules of reservation. It was formed in 1960.
- As per Article no.316 Constitution of India, State governor has the power to select member and chairman of their own state’s PSC.
- A chairman and members of GPSC can stay on their position till 6 years or 62 years..in both of them which is early.
- Now Dinesh Dasa is the current chairman of GPSC.
- Following functions have been entrusted to the Gujarat Public Service Commission under Article 320 of the Constitution of India.
- To conduct examinations for appointment to the services of the State.
- The matters relating to methods of recruitment to various Civil Services of the State;
- The principles to be followed in making appointments to civil services of the State and granting promotions, transfers from one service to another and the suitability of candidates for such appointments, promotions and transfers;
- All the disciplinary matters affecting the Government servants,
- The claims of reimbursements of legal expenses incurred by Government Servants in defending themselves in legal proceedings initiated against them for the act done or purported to be done by them while executing their duty;
- The claims for granting injury-pensions to Government Servants; and
- Any other matters that may be referred to the Commission by His Execellancy the Governor
- These functions are subject to the limitations imposed by the Gujarat Public Service Commission (Exemption from Consultation) Regulations, 1960 made under proviso to clause (3) of Article 320 of the Constitution of India.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form