Last Date:15 July,2019
University of Madras
NOM intends to appoint eligible and interested candidates as 50 contractual posts of University Research Fellowship for a given project. Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply.The candidates, who fulfil the eligibility conditions of Qualification, age limit, experience etc may send applications along with relevant documents to the given address within the closing date of 15-07-2019 .
Name of the post – University Research Fellowship
No of post – 50
Pay Scale – Rs 7000 Per month
Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree with at least 55% marks.
General Conditions:govt jobs
- Applications are invited from the eligible candidates who are currently doing research under non-stipendiary or new candidates willing to do Ph D., for University Research Fellowship in University Departments.
- Vacancies in various disciplines are given herewith as annexure
- The application forms can be downloaded from the University website www.unom.ac.in. Filled in applications with necessary enclosures along with Demand Draft for Rs.200/- drawn in favour of “The Registrar, University of Madras”should be sent to the University.
- Candidates shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale.
- Master’s Degree in the faculties of Arts, Sciences, Fine Arts,Languages, Commerce, Education, Management Science of this University or equivalent thereto.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to
SC/ST/Differently-Abled or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
- Filled in applications with necessary enclosures along with Demand Draft for Rs.200/- drawn in favour of “The Registrar, University of Madras” should be sent to the University. [Note: Mention your Email and Mobile Number while submitting the applications for further communication]
- Date of interview will be intimated through email by the Head of the Department.
- No TA/DA applicable for attending the interview.
- Applicants are required to submit separate form for each department.
- The last date for submission of filled-in application is 15-07-2019. The applications received after the last date and applications with incomplete particulars will be summarily rejected.
- University of Madras is a public state university in Chennai (formerly Madras), Tamil Nadu, India. Institute of Distance Education, University of Madras has been following CBCS pattern since 2018. Established in 1857, it is one of the third oldest universities in India immediately after University of Calcutta and University of Mumbai .The university was incorporated by an act of the Legislative Council of India.
- It is a collegiate research university and has six campuses in the city viz., Chepauk, Marina, Guindy, Taramani, Maduravoyal and Chetpet. At present, there are 233 plus courses offered under 87 academic departments grouped under 19 schools, covering diverse areas such as sciences, social sciences, humanities, management and medicine along with 109 affiliated colleges and 52 approved research institutions. It is one of the top Universities in India that provide distance education in various disciplines.
- The National Assessment and Accreditation Council has conferred ‘five star’ accreditation to the university and it has been given the status of ‘University with Potential for Excellence’ by the University Grants Commission.
- University of Madras is the alma mater of two Indian Physics Nobel Laureates, CV Raman and Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar, five Presidents of India, including A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, and several notable mathematicians including Srinivasa Ramanujan.
- he first ever demand for higher education in Madras Presidency was given in a public address to Lord John Elphinstone, Governor of Madras, signed by 70,000 residents when the Governor in Council was contemplating “some effective and liberal measures for the establishment of an improved system of national education.” This public petition, which was presented by the Advocate General Mr. George Norton on 11 November 1839, pressed the need for an English college in the city of Madras. Pursuant to this, Lord Elphinstone evolved a plan for the establishment of a central collegiate institution or a ‘university.’ This university had twin departments – a high school for the cultivation of English literature, regional language, philosophy and science, and a college for instruction in the higher branches of literature, philosophy and science.
- The University Board was constituted in January 1840 with Mr. George Norton as its president. This was the precursor of the present Presidency College, Chennai. A systematic educational policy for India was formulated 14 years later by Wood’s despatch, which pointed out the rationale for “creating a properly articulated system of education from the primary school to the University.” The Dispatch recommended the establishment in the universities of Professorships “for the purposes of the delivery of lectures in various branches of learning including vernacular as well as classical languages.” As a result, the University of Madras, organized on the model of the University of London, was incorporated on 5 September 1857 by an Act of the Legislative Council of India.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form