Last Date:20 August,2019
Advt. No. : 22/2019
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)
TNPSC aka Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission invites Sarkari Job application for the post of 42 Assistant Tourist Officer (ATO). Apply Online before 20 August 2019. TNPSC Recruitment Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official website is www.tnpsc.gov.in
Name of the post – Assistant Tourist Officer (ATO)
No of post – 42
Pay Scale – 19500- 62000/- (Level 8)
Degree in Travel and Tourism OR Any Degree with Diploma in Tourism and Certificate Course in Computer on Office Automation.
General Information:public sector recruitment
- The Rule of reservation of appointments applies to this recruitment.
- In G.O.Ms.No.145, Personnel and Administrative Reforms(S) Department dated 30.09.2010 and G.O.Ms.No.40, Personnel and Administrative Reforms(S) Department dated 30.04.2014, the Government have issued orders to fill up 20% of vacancies in direct recruitment on preferential basis to Persons who studied the prescribed qualification in Tamil Medium. The 20% reservation of vacancies on preferential allotment to Persons Studied in Tamil Medium (PSTM) will apply for this recruitment. Applicants claiming PSTM preference must produce certificate issued by Head of Institution as proof as per the specimen contained in the “Instructions to Applicants” for having studied the Prescribed qualification in Tamil Medium. (Having written the examination in Tamil language alone will not qualify for claiming this preference). If the Applicants with PSTM certificate are not available for selection for appointment against reserved turn such turn shall be filled up by other eligible Applicants but belonging to the respective communal category. The PSTM certificate, in prescribed format / proforma available in the Commission’s website at ‘www.tnpsc.gov.in’ shall be obtained from the Head of the Institution and shall be produced / uploaded when called for.(For further details refer para
27(XIX) of Instructions to Applicants)
- The number of vacancies advertised is only approximate and is liable to modification with reference to vacancy position at any time including reduction before finalization of selection.
- The selection for appointment to the above said post is purely provisional subject to final Orders on pending Writ Petitions, if any, filed at Madras High Court and Madurai Bench of Madras High Court.
- As per Section, 27(C) of Tamil Nadu Government Servants (Condition of Service) Act, 2016, reservation to Ex-Servicemen will apply for the said post. If no qualified and suitable Ex-Servicemen belonging to a particular category is available for selection for appointment against reserved turn, such turn shall be filled up by an Applicant other than Ex-Servicemen but belonging to the particular communal category. As per the orders issued in (Proviso to Section 3(j) (vii) of Tamil Nadu Government Servant (Conditions of Service) Act 2016),“An Ex-serviceman once recruited to a post in any class or service or category,cannot claim the concession of being called an Ex-serviceman for his further recruitment.
- As per the G.O.(Ms.) No. 50, Tourism, Culture and Religious Endowments Department, dated 21.05.2019, 4% reservation for Differently Abled Persons will not apply to this recruitment and this post is not identified as suitable for Differently Abled Persons. (Refer Annexure-II)
- A minimum of thirty percent of all vacancies which are to be filled through direct recruitment shall be set apart for women candidates. If no qualified and suitable women applicants are available for selection against the vacancies reserved for them, those vacancies will be filled by male applicants belonging to the respective communal categories.
- Wherever vacancies are reserved for Arunthathiyars on preferential basis, even after filling up of the vacancies reserved for SC (Arunthathiyars) on preferential basis, if more number of qualified Arunthathiyars are available, they shall be entitled to compete with the Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars in the
inter-se-merit among them and if any posts reserved for Arunthathiyars remain unfilled for want of adequate number of qualified applicants, it shall be filled up by Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars.
- Evidence for claims made in the online application should be uploaded / submitted in time when called for the documents. Any subsequent claim made thereafter on submission of online application will not be entertained. Failure to submit the documents within the stipulated time limit will entail rejection of the Application.
- Correct and True information regarding arrest, convictions / debarment / disqualification by any recruiting agency, criminal or any disciplinary proceedings initiated / pending or finalized, participation in agitation or any Political
- Organization, candidature in election for Parliament / State Legislature / Local Bodies etc., if any, should also be furnished to the Commission at the time of application i.e., the details thereof, originals of the Judgement, order / G.O dropping further action in Departmental proceedings or any document that may prove the suitability of such Applicants for a Government appointment in such cases must be produced at the stage / time of Certificate Verification and counselling without fail. Any of the above said events that occur after submission of application and before actual appointment shall also be informed to the Commission forthwith. Failure to inform the Commission will entail suitable penal action as decided by the Commission.
- Incomplete applications and applications containing wrong claims or incorrect particulars relating to category of reservation / other basic qualification / eligibility wise / age / communal categories / educational qualification / physical qualification and other basic eligibility criteria will be summarily rejected.
- One Time Registration is not an application for any Post / Recruitment. Though the details / particulars were furnished in the One Time Registration by the applicants, the details / particulars furnished in the online application submitted for this recruitment alone will be taken into consideration for this recruitment.
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission will not be responsible for any consequences arising out of furnishing of incorrect and incomplete details in the application or omission to provide the required details in the application for this recruitment.
- Refer Annexure- III for G.O.(Ms).No. 90, Social Welfare and Nutritious Meal Programme [SW8(2)] Department, dated 22.12.2017 regarding determination of community and reservation in employment for third gender.
- AS MANDATED BY THE CONSTITUTION OF INDIA, THE TAMIL NADU PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION CONSISTENTLY AIMS AT CREATING AND NURTURING A PUBLIC SERVICE WHICH IS INDEPENDENT, IMPARTIAL, ETHICAL, EFFECTIVE AND BEING CAPABLE AND ENOUGH TO MEET THE NEW CHALLENGES FACED BY THE GOVERNMENT AND RESPONSIVE TO THE GROWING EXPECTATIONS OF THE PUBLIC AT LARGE AND MARGINALIZED SECTIONS IN PARTICULAR.
- ENSURE A FREE, FAIR AND TRANSPARENT RECRUITMENT PROCESS FOR THE STATE CIVIL SERVICES, BY LEVERAGING INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS.
- CONSTANTLY UPDATE ITS RECRUITMENT METHODOLOGY
SUITABLY ADVICE THE GOVERNMENT ON ALL THE MATTERS RELATING TO THE SERVICE CONDITIONS OF THE PUBLIC SERVANTS.
- SAFEGUARD THE INTEREST AND INTEGRITY OF PUBLIC SERVANTS.
- Articles 316 to 319 deal with the structure of State Public Service Commissions. Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission is headed by the Chairman and Comprises of fourteen other members, all appointed by the Governor of Tamil Nadu, in accordance with the above provisions of the Constitution of India.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form