Last Date:14th Jan2019
ADVT. NO. 07-2018
National Innovation Foundation (NIF)
National Innovation Foundation (NIF) invites application forms in Prescribed Format from eligible candidates willing to work on contractual basis for 31 posts of Scientist, Innovation Fellow and Administration Associate / Manager for a given project.
Name of the post – Scientist-F,Innovation Fellow & Administration
No of post – 31
Pay Scale – Rs.1,31,100/-,Rs.60,000/-,Rs.30,000-50,000/-
Ph. D in Natural Science / Agriculture/Masters/Post Graduate in Commerce, Public administration, Communication.
General Information:faculty opening
- The number of posts to be filled may vary. The institute reserves the right to cancel the recruitment without assigning any reason.
- The prescribed essential qualifications are minimum and the mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview.
- The selected candidates are liable to serve anywhere in India.
- The persons with disabilities are also allowed to apply though no vacancies are reserved for them. Such candidates will be considered for selection for appointment to the posts by general standards of merit.
- Post Graduate in Commerce, Public administration, Communication and other related subjects with three years’ experience for Manager in handling the administration, finance, store and purchase etc.
- Candidates working in Government Departments / Public Sector Undertakings / Autonomous organizations should apply through proper channel.
- Age not exceeding 50 years for the posts of Scientist ‘F’ and 35 Years for the post of Innovation Fellow / Administration Associate / Manger. The upper age limit is relaxable for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, the Ex-service men, Other Backward Classes, Physically Handicapped and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time. In this regards, the Director, NIF may relax the upper age limit in case of highly experienced candidates in specialized areas.
- Candidates can send applications in the prescribed form (please download the same from our website www.nifindia.org) along with a detailed CV, passport size photograph, sample of work/reports, two reference letters, and a note explaining the suitability for the post applied, to The Director, National Innovation Foundation – India, Grambharti, Amrapur, Gandhinagar Mahudi Road, Gandhinagar, Gujarat – 382650, India by speed / registered post.
- Aspirants may send applications in prescribed format so as to reach it to the concerned address with all relevant documents by 14-01-2019 .Applicants must possess the requisite educational qualifications by the last date.
- Applications without the suitability note will not be considered. The application format can be downloaded at http://nif.org.in/join_us . The last date of submission of application is 14/01/2019.
- The National Innovation Foundation (NIF) – India was set up in March 2000 with the assistance of Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. It is India’s national initiative to strengthen the grassroots technological innovations and outstanding traditional knowledge. Its mission is to help India become a creative and knowledge-based society by expanding policy and institutional space for grassroots technological innovators.
- NIF scouts, supports and spawns’ grassroots innovations developed by individuals and local communities in any technological field, helping in human survival without any help from formal sector. NIF helps grassroots innovators and outstanding traditional knowledge holders get due recognition, respect and reward for their innovations. It also tries to ensure that such innovations diffuse widely through commercial and/or non-commercial channels, generating material or non-material incentives for them and others involved in the value chain.
- NIF has pooled a database of over 310,000 technological ideas, innovations and traditional knowledge practices (not all unique, not all distinct) from over 608 districts of the country. NIF has till date recognised 847 grassroots innovators and school students at the national level in its various National Biennial Grassroots Innovation Award Functions and annual Dr A P J Abdul Kalam Ignite Children Award functions. In collaboration with various research & development (R&D) and academic institutions, agricultural & veterinary universities and others institutions, NIF has helped in getting several hundred grassroots technologies validated and/or value added.
- NIF has also set up an augmented Fabrication Laboratory (Fab Lab) with the help of Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Boston, for product development and strengthening in-house research. Pro bono arrangement with intellectual property firms has helped NIF file over 1040 patents, including eight filed in the USA and 28 Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) applications, on behalf of the innovators and outstanding traditional knowledge holders. Of these, 72 patents have been granted in India and 5 in the USA. In the same time period NIF has filed 21 Design registrations for innovations of the grassroots and student innovators.In addition to this 10 trade mark applications have also been filed.
- NIF has also filed applications for 71 plant varieties developed by farmers at the Protection of Plant Varieties & Farmers’ Rights Authority. Of these, 9 have successfully been registered.
- Micro Venture Innovation Fund (MVIF) at NIF, with support from Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI), has provided risk capital to 230 innovation based enterprise projects, some of which are at different stages of incubation.
- NIF has received over 1500 product inquiries from 110 countries for various technologies. It has also succeeded in commercialising products across countries in six continents, apart from being successful in materialising 109 cases of technology licensing.
- NIF has proved that Indian innovators can match anyone in the world when it comes to solving problems creatively. They perform better than others in generating greater sustainable alternatives by using local resources frugally. Those who see poor only as the consumers of cheap goods, miss the richness of knowledge at grassroots level and their potential as provider of ideas and innovations. The grassroots to global (G2G) model that NIF is propagating is all set to change the way the world looks at creativity and innovations at/from grassroots.
- The INSPIRE Award – MANAK (Million Minds Augmenting National Aspiration and Knowledge) is being revamped and executed by Department of Science & Technology and National Innovation Foundation-India to align it with the action plan for “Start-up India” initiative launched by the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India. The scheme aims to help build a critical human resource pool for strengthening, expand science and technology system and increase the research & development base on the same by inviting students from all government and private schools throughout the country and enabling them to send their original & creative technological ideas/innovations on the same.
How to Apply:
- Candidates with required eligibility may send applications to the given address before 14-01-2019 . Photo copies of all relevant documents of qualification, experience, age and photographs must be accompanied with the application form. An applicant must enclose a copy of caste certificates including OBC status to substantiate their claim of SC/ST/OBC category.
- A superscription is to be made on envelope : “Application for the post of ___ Scientist, Innovation Fellow and Administration Associate / Manager____”.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form