Last Date:20 May,2019
Ministry of Earth Sciences (MOES)
MOES aka Ministry of Earth Sciences invites application for the post of 30 Junior/Senior Research Fellow Vacancy. Apply Online Application before 20 May 2019. MOES Recruitment Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official Website is www.moes.gov.in
Name of the post — Junior/Senior Research Fellow
No of post — 30
Pay Scale — 31000/- (Per Month)
M.Sc./ M.S./ M.Tech with qualified NET/GATE/LS (CSIR/UGC/ICAR).
General Information:govt jobs
- In addition to the basic qualifications as below table, candidate should have qualified NET/GATE/LS (CSIR/UGC/ICAR). Candidates appeared for final year of M.Sc./ M.S./ M.Tech. can apply for the post and should write their aggregate marks upto the latest semester they have appeared but their appointment is subject to having passed the M.Tech./M.Sc./M.S. examination as evidenced by mark sheets/provisional degree certificate.
- Age Limit: 28 years as on last date of application; c) Stipend (JRF): Rs.31,000/- p.m. plus admissible HRA;
- Tenure: 04 years (as followed in DST norms)
- For General and OBC Category: Minimum 60% aggregate mark in the qualifying examination is essential.
- For SC/ST/Physically Handicapped Category: Minimum 55% aggregate marks in qualifying examination is essential.
- Candidates who would like to avail fellowship from CSIR/UGC/ICAR and work as JRF in MRFP are also encouraged to apply. Such candidates need to specify in the online application form about their preference of fellowship (whether availing MRFP Research Fellowship or CSIR/UGC/ ICAR fellowship).
- Upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC, 10 years for physically handicapped and as per rule for ex-servicemen.
- Reservation: As per GOI norms.
- All applications have to be sent online via the online application link at https://iitmjobs.tropmet.res.in/job/rarf-mrfp-2019.php . Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
- Last Date of Application: 20-May-2019
- Candidates should apply against respective Position Code. Applicants are allowed to apply for more than one position. In any circumstances wrong entry of position code will not be rectified after the application is submitted. In case of rectification required a fresh application may be filed within the last date of application.
- The MoES invites applications for Junior/Senior Research Fellow Program (MRFP) to be coordinated by Development of Skilled Manpower in Earth System Sciences (DESK-ESSC), at Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, Pune. MRFP is Ministry’s dedicated JRF/SRF program in which eligible fellows will be selected through a nation-wide selection processes and subsequent interviews. Selection will be against each of the advertised positions as below.Selected fellows initially will undergo induction training at IITM (of four months duration) and will be sent to the respective MoES organizations as per given in the advertisement. Selected candidates are required to complete Ph.D. in relevant fields by registering to a university as per the norms of the respective MoES organization where the fellow will be engaged in research.MRFP fellows will be provided with a two year JRF and two year SRF fellowship as per the DST guidelines and will undergo the stipulated evaluation processes therein.
- The Department of Ocean Development (DOD) was created in July 1981 as a part of the Cabinet Secretariat directly under the charge of the Prime Minister and came into existence as a separate Department in March 1982. The Erstwhile DoD functioned as a nodal Ministry for organizing, coordinating and promoting ocean development activities in the country. In February, 2006, the Government notified the Department as the Ministry of Ocean Development .
- The Government of India further reorganized the Ministry of Ocean Development and the new Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) came into being vide Presidential Notification dated the 12th July, 2006 bringing under its administrative control India Meteorological Department (IMD), Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) and National Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecasting (NCMRWF). The Government also approved the setting up of Earth Commission on the pattern of Space Commission and Atomic Energy Commission.
- To excel as knowledge and technology enterprise in the earth system science realm towards socio-economic benefit of the society.
- To provide services for weather, climate, ocean and coastal state, hydrology,seismology, and natural hazards; to explore and harness marine living andnon-living resources in a sustainable way and to explore the three poles (Arctic, Antarctic and Himalayas).
- The augment and sustain long term observations of atmosphere,ocean,cryosphere and solid earth to record the vital signs of Earth System and changes.
- To develop forecasting capability of atmosphere and oceanic phenomena through dynamical models and assimilation techniques and to
build prediction system for weather climate and hazards.
- To understand interaction between components of Earth Systems and human systems at various spatial and temporal scales.
- Exploration of polar and high seas regions for discovery of new phenomenon and resources.
- To translate knowledge and insight themes gained into services for societal, environmental and economic.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form