Last Date:07 Oct,2019
Goa Shipyard Limited
Goa Shipyard Limited) is inviting eligible candidates to apply online for 29 posts of Electrical Mechanic, Junior Supervisor and Various.Interested and Eligible Candidates may apply online by 07-10-2019 and send print of application form along with photocopies of related documents to given address latest by 14-10-2019, after making sure that they meet the concerned eligibility criteria. All personal and educational details must be mentioned properly.
Name of the post — Electrical Mechanic, Junior Supervisor and Various
No of post — 29
Pay Scale — Rs 80000 – 220000,Rs 40000 – 140000,Rs 21000 – 70000
B.E. / B.Tech / ITI.
General onditions:karnataka government jobs
- The candidates may note that the applications are to be made only through online application system as per the instructions given. Applications made in any other manner shall not be considered and shall be summarily rejected. Management will not be responsible for any application which is not received through online system. After completion of online registration and entering all the details, the candidates are required to take print out of online application form and post the same to Goa Shipyard Limited along with the Demand Draft.
- Non-receipt of hardcopy of application, incomplete application, not fulfilling the eligibility criteria or those applications received after the last date for receipt of application shall not be considered and shall be treated as “REJECTED” and no communication will be made for the same.
- Management reserves the right to fill or not to fill the posts and also to fill up future vacancies, if any from the valid panel of selected candidates as per the rules of the company. At the sole discretion of GSL Management the number of vacancies notified may be increased or reduced.
- Mere fulfillment of qualifications and other requirements as laid down does not entitle a candidate to be called for selection process as applicable for the respective posts in accordance to the GSL rules.
- Candidates seeking reservation as SC/ST/OBC (NCL) will have to submit caste certificate, ONLY in the Prescribed Performa meant for “Appointment to posts under the Government Of India” from the designated authority indicating clearly the candidate’s caste, the Act/Order under which the caste is recognized as SC/ST/OBC (NCL) and the Village/Town the candidate is ordinarily a resident of. The OBC (NCL) certificate should not be more than 06 months old at the time of joining. Similarly, the candidates seeking the reservation under PwD category will have to submit the disability certificate from the designated authority indicating clearly the percentage of disability. Similarly, the candidates applying under Economically Weaker Section (EWS) category will have to submit the EWS certificate and other relevant documents issued by the competent authority.
- If the SC/ST/OBC/PwD/ EWS certificate has been issued in a language other than English/Hindi, the candidates will be required to submit a self-certified translated copy of the same either in
English or Hindi.
- Benefits for posts such as DA, HRA and other allowances will be applicable to the grade as per rules.
- Candidates working in Government / Quasi Government / Public Sector Undertaking / Autonomous Bodies must apply through proper channel or produce “No Objection Certificate” at the time of selection process without which the candidates will not be allowed for the selection process and also a document indicating the current pay scale and the date since working in the said pay scale is to be produced.
- Out of total years, minimum of last 2 years for the Deputy General Manager post and minimum 01 year for the Assistant Manager post should be in a private organization / company having 100 crores turnover and the incumbent should have discharged duties in a similar role.
- Management reserves the right to appoint / rotate any employee in any position as per requirement of Company, irrespective of position he has been originally selected for.
- Outstation candidates qualifying for interview for the posts at Sl.No.01, 02 and 03 will be paid to and fro 2nd A/C rail fare and for posts advertised at Sl.No.04 to Sl.No. 9, candidates who clear the
written test and qualify for the Trade Test / Practical Test will be paid to and fro 2nd sleeper class rail fare by shortest route from their nearest railway station (as registered by them in the Online
Application System) to Goa Shipyard Limited only on production of proof of journey (Hard copy of Tickets) as per rules of the Company. However, SC/ST candidates on being eligible for the written test and on appearing for written test will be reimbursed to and fro 2nd sleeper class rail fare by shortest route from their usual place of residence to GSL only on production of proof of journey (Hard copy of Tickets) as per rules of the Company.
- Payment of TA shall be made through ECS mode after completion of the selection process only and candidates are expected to bring necessary details for making the payment through ECS
mode. Normally TA claims will be paid within one month from the date of selection process. Application format along with ECS form is available on our website under the heading “Advertisements”.
- As India took its first steps as a political entity in 1947, the policy makers recognized that it would be in the country’s best interests to cultivate indigenous warship building as a strategic capability. In 1961, after Goa’s liberation, the potential of a small shipyard called “Estaleiros Navais de Goa” to contribute towards this national aspiration was recognized. The Yard, later renamed Goa Shipyard Limited, was consciously shaped, developed and upgraded to become one of the country’s premier defence shipbuilding hubs on the west coast.
- Over the years, Goa Shipyard Ltd. gradually developed to meet the growing shipbuilding needs of the country’s naval defence sector, in the process going on to design and build a wide range of vessels for the defence as well as the commercial sectors.
- As one of the few Indian shipyards equipped with an in-house design capability, GSL carries out its own Research & Development, in the process developing an in-house product range that efficiently meets the specific requirements of clients in the defence as well as commercial sectors in the fields of design, construction, repair and modernization of vessels. Most new shipbuilding projects at GSL are based on our own in-house design – the result of intensive R&D activity carried out over the years. Currently, the Company is developing a range of Patrol Vessels from 29 m to 110 m
- While making consistent progress in its core competency of shipbuilding, the Yard has also proactively moved to exploit market opportunities by successfully diversifying into a related product range. It has designed and constructed Training Simulators for the Indian Navy and Oil & Natural Gas Corporation. A series of Interceptor boats have been built for the Ministry of Home Affairs and are used by the Coastal State Police on the west coast. The Damage Control Simulator built by Goa Shipyard for the Indian Navy, incidentally, is the only one of its kind in Asia and one of the very few existing worldwide. A Survival at Sea Training Facility has been designed and constructed by Goa Shipyard for ONGC for training of their personnel in meeting with real life emergencies that may occur on oil platforms. GSL has executed India’s first Shore Based Training Facility for carrier borne aircraft in association with the Aeronautical Development Agency of Bengaluru at INS Hansa, Goa. The facility will be used to train pilots for the MiG-29K and the indigenous LCA-Navy.
click above to download
the employment notification