Last Date:25 November,2019
Advt. No. : 23/2019
West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC)
PSCWB aka West Bengal Public Service Commission invites Sarkari Job applications for the post of 26 Librarian Vacancy 2019. PSCWB Recruitment Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official Website is www.pscwbonline.gov.in
Name of the post – Librarian
No of post – 26
Pay Scale – 15600 – 39100/-
A Master’s Degree in Library Science/Information Science/ Documentation Science or an equivalent.
General Conditions:sarkari naukri
- SUBMISSION OF MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION FOR ONE PARTICULAR POST IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. THE CANDIDATURE OF A CANDIDATE WHO SUBMITS MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION FOR
ADMISSION TO THE SELECTION PROCEDURE, WILL BE CANCELLED EVEN IF HE/SHE IS ADMITTED TO THE SAME.
- The qualifications prescribed in the advertisement are as per the notified recruitment rules issued by Government.
- All the degrees/diplomas/certificates mentioned in the advertisement must have been obtained from recognized Universities/Institutions.
- The prescribed ‘essential qualifications’ are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle applicants to be called in for the interview. Where the number of applications received
in response to the advertisement is large and it is not convenient or possible for the Commission to interview all the applicants the Commission may restrict the number of candidates for interview to
a reasonable limit on the basis of either higher qualifications in the relevant subjects/higher standard of marks/grade obtained in the essential qualifications or experience in relevant field
higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement or on the basis of a Screening Test. The Commission may fix qualifying cut-off marks for all the categories of the vacancies in each level of
examination, i.e. written & interview.
- Commission may further lower the qualifying level category-wise as and when necessary in the event of non-availability of candidates for filling up vacancies in a particular category.
- The qualifying marks for Differently abled candidates will be 2% less than what is prescribed for a particular category. However, in case sufficient number of candidates are not available even after
applying 2% relaxation of marks as per existing procedure, the differently able candidates up to 5 times the vacancy in the respective category may be called to interview irrespective of the scores/marks secured by such candidates.
- IN THE CASES OF SCREENING TEST, CANDIDATES SUFFERING FROM BLINDNESS OR LOW VISION AND LOCO-MOTOR DISABILITY OR CEREBRAL PALSY WITH WRITING EXTREMITY WILL BE ALLOWED THE HELP OF A SCRIBE, IF REQUIRED. THE SCRIBE SHOULD NOT POSSESS EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION HIGHER THAN THE REQUISITE QUALIFICATION FOR THE POST.
- If sufficient number of candidates within the prescribed age limit is available for selection for a particular post, the commission may exercise its discretion not to relax upper age limit of the candidate(s) even if the provision for such relaxation is laid down in the advertised criteria.
- In cases where no Division/Class is awarded and only grading is done, exact percentage of marks and conversion formula adopted are to be mentioned with documentary evidence, if required.
- Where experience of a number of years is prescribed as an item of qualification this would mean only experience/research experience gained in full time employment/research in the relevant field
within the closing date of receipt of applications.
- Certificate(s) from the Head(s) of the Organization(s)/Department(s) or Competent Authority for the entire experience claimed, clearly mentioning the duration of employment (date, month and year) and field of experience indicating basic pay and consolidated pay must be obtained. The certificate(s) should also mention the nature of duties performed/experience obtained in the post(s) with duration(s).
- Besides pay, the posts carry allowances as admissible.
- All requisite certificates regarding educational qualifications, proof of age, other relevant experience certificates and other requisite documents must be furnished as and when required by the Commission.
- If at any stage even after issue of a letter of recommendation for appointment a candidate is found ineligible in terms of the advertisement his/her candidature will be cancelled without further reference to him/her.
- CANVASSING IN ANY FORM WILL DISQUALIFY THE CANDIDATURE
- ALL INFORMATION REGARDING RECRUITMENT TO THE POST WILL BE AVAILABLE, FROM TIME TO TIME, IN THE COMMISSION’S WEBSITE AT https://www.pscwbapplication.in & www.pscwbonline.gov.in
- Date of Examination/Interview will be notified latter in the Commission’s website at https://www.pscwbapplication.in & www.pscwbonline.gov.in
- The Public Service Commission, West Bengal or PSCWB is the state agency authorized to conduct the Civil Services Examination for entry-level appointments to the various Civil Services of state of West Bengal in India.
- As a body enshrined in the Constitution of India, the Public Service Commission,West Bengal, has sincerely remained active in discharging its constitutional duties and living up to its tradition as inherited from the Bengal Public Service Commission that was formed under the Government of India Act,1935 and which started functioning with effect from April,1937.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form