Last Date:08 Nov,2019
Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH)
Haryana, Punjab, Union Territories
Name of the post – Contractual posts of Associate Professor and Various
No of post – 22
Pay Scale – Rs 48590,Rs 46000,Rs 25250
M.Sc (N)/DM/ DNB/ MD / M.Ch.
- It is made clear to all the candidates that their candidature is provisional and further subject to the fulfillment eligibility criteria, age, verification of documentary proof. In case, they do not fulfill the eligibility criteria, overage, their candidature will be rejected straightway and they do not fulfill the eligibility will not be called for interview under any circumstances.
- The above said posts are purely on contract basis as a stop gap arrangement initially for a period of six months/one year or till the regular incumbent are join on the post through UPSC, New Delhi which ever is earlier.
- In case the application for the posts under reserve category will not be received, the
same posts will be filled up from Un-reserved category candidates.
- In case the application for the post of Associate Professor (Vascular & & Thoracic Surgery) on contract/deputation will not be received, the same post of Associate Professor will be filled up from the down grade of Assistant Professor (Vascular & Thoracic Surgery) in the Department of Cardio Vascular Surgery, GMCH.
- The candidates who are willing to apply for the above said posts must have the essential qualification, experience etc. stated above, as the case may be as on 08.11.2019 i.e. last date of receipt of Online applications.
- The numbers of posts and reservation thereof are tentative and can be increased or decreased. The department reserves the right to reject/cancel any application or withdraw the posts at any time without assigning any reasons or without any notice whatsoever and in this regard, no application fee will be refunded.
- List of provisionally eligible candidates and date of interview for the said posts will be displayed on the GMCH website later on.
- No separate letter for Interview will be sent.
- The candidates will be called for interview based on their eligibility. However, the decision of the competent authority as to their eligibility or otherwise of a candidature for interview or selection will be the final and no correspondence/personal enquiries will be entertained.
- Candidates are required to have a valid personal e-mail ID which should be kept active during the recruitment process, as all the information relating to recruitment of the said posts will be available only on On-Line. The candidates should ensure that the e-mail ID is not shared or mentioned to any other person. It is requested not to use any other person’s e-mail ID. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID before applying.
- The eligible candidates are required to bring all the certificates/testimonials in original, in support of their qualification, experience and date of birth etc. and also NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE from the present employer, if working in the Govt./Semi Govt./Corporate Body/Undertaking of the Central/State Govt. and in absence of which the candidate will not be allowed to appear for Interview. All the original certificates/documents will be verified at the time of Interview.
- The persons who have earlier worked in this institute and their services were dispensed with on account of misconduct or otherwise by this institute are not eligible to apply against these posts.
- No Travelling Allowance/Daily Allowance/Conveyance Allowance will be paid to the candidates, who are called for the interview.
- The candidates who are applying on line for Deputation Basis must route their applications through their present employer i.e. Govt. Organization along with No Objection Certificate and No Pending Enquiry/Complaint Certificate.
- The candidates who have not applied ONLINE and submitted hardcopies of the applications will not be entertained under any circumstances will be rejected straightway.
- The terms and Condition of Chandigarh Administration will be applicable for Deputation Basis.
About Us:tamilnadu govt employment
- Chandigarh the ‘City Beautiful’ has one of the best educational facilities in the country. Besides the Panjab University and the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, it has an Engineering College, College of Arts, College of Architecture, a number of Government and Private Degree Colleges and other prestigious and important research institutions. However city lacked a Medical College for graduate i.e. MBBS and postgraduate studies for the students belonging to Chandigarh. Chandigarh Administration decided to establish a Medical College in Chandigarh to remove this deficiency. For this purpose the Department of Medical Education & Research was created. In pursuance of the No Objection Certificate issued by the Government of India, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, vide their U.O. No. 12013/31-90ME(P) dated 15-01-91 Government Medical College was started in 1991 with following broad objectives:
- To fulfill the glaring deficiency of an undergraduate Medical College in the Union Territory of Chandigarh which offers the best educational facilities in all other fields. The Government Medical College will be attached to a teaching hospital.
- To act as a center for Continuing Medical Education Programmes for various categories of technical and non-technical personnel of different disciplines working within and from other institutions/hospitals.
- To render facilities for conducting research activities relating to different specialties, as and when required.
- The foundation stone laying ceremony was performed by the former Hon’ble Prime Minister of India, Shri Chandra Shekhar on 20 January, 1991 in Sector 32 on the quilt of 36.09 acre of land allotted by the Chandigarh Administration. Construction for this College and Hospital started in 1991 itself. In the meantime Government Medical College started functioning from Prayaas building, Sector 38, Chandigarh with General Hospital, Sector 16 as an attached teaching hospital.
- The College was granted provisional affiliation for the MBBS course by the Panjab University, vide letter No. 8334/Misc. dated 12.9.91, and permanent affiliation vide letter No.2730/A-4/Misc. dated 3.4.99 for 50 admissions annually. Admissions to this Medical College have strictly been on merit on the basis of competitive examinations conducted by CBSE and Combined Entrance Test conducted by the Panjab University/NEET. The first batch of 50 students was admitted in August, 1991 and each subsequent year similar batches have been admitted. The first academic session was inaugurated in September, 1991 by Sh. Baleshwar Rai, the then Adviser to the Administrator of Chandigarh. The first batch of students passed their final MBBS examinations conducted by the Panjab University in January, 1996 and completed their 12 months compulsory rotating internship in January, 1997. College has been recognized for the award of MBBS degree by Government of India, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare w.e.f. 30 December, 1996, vide letter No.34(41)98-Med./21035 dated 9.11.98, and has been included in the list of recognized Medical Colleges by the Medical Council of India vide letter No.MCI-34(41)97-Med/2276 dated 25.4.97.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form