Last Date:02 Aug,2019
Kerala Forest Research Institute (KFRI)
KFRI is inviting eligible candidates to apply for 21 posts of Junior Scientist/ Scientist B and Scientist.Interested candidates may send their application as per given format and all required documents of qualification, experience, age to the given address as to reach by 02-08-2019 .
Name of the post – Junior Scientist/ Scientist B
No of post – 21
Pay Scale – Rs 15600 – 39100
First class Post Graduate Degree in related science filed and Ph.D.,/First class M.Sc/ M.Tech and Ph.D.and 3 yrs experience.
General Information:psu jobs
- Kerala Forest Research Institute (KFRI) is a leading organization in the field of research in tropical forestry, biodiversity and bio resource utilization. To consolidate our position and to prepare for the emerging challenges in these areas, we invite dynamic and talented Scientists who are actively pursuing research in selected disciplines, to join our team. KFRI offers the CSIR scales of pay and other benefits as sanctioned by Government of Kerala for time to time.
- 35 years on the closing date of application of original notification viz.19/09/2018. Age limit may be relaxed in the case of internal candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC as per the Government Rules.
- The period of experience for the post, wherever prescribed, shall be counted from the date of acquiring the essential qualification prescribed for the post.
- Merely fulfilling of essential educational qualifications and /or experience does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview. A duly constituted Screening Committee shall lay down the criteria to short list the candidates for interview. The decision of KFRI Shall be final.
- Canvasing in any form or bringing in any influence, Political or otherwise, will be treated as disqualification.
- In the case of exceptionally meritorious candidates, relaxation in the requirements may apply, subject to the approval from the Executive Vice President of the Kerala State Council for Science Technology and Environment, on the recommendation from the
Director KFRI. The Director KFRI reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all of the above posts.
- Eligible candidates may apply in the prescribed format which can be downloaded from the KFRI website: http://www.kfri.res.in/ Employed persons may forward their applications through proper channel. However, an advance copy may be sent.
- Separate applications must be submitted for each post in separate envelope. The Post Code, Name of Post and Discipline should be clearly mentioned on the envelope containing the application.
- Application along with copies of Certificates and other Enclosures must reach the Director, Kerala Forest Research Institute, Peechi- 680 653, Thrissur, Kerala, India on or before 02-08-2019, 5.30PM.The list of enclosures shall be attached along with the application.
Application received after the last date and time will not be entertained.
- In the detailed advertisement notifying the vacancy position, the column “category” (open/ reservation) is removed as per judgment dated 20th December 2018 in WP(C) No.33574/2018 of the Hon’ble High Court of Kerala. Appointment will be done complying Government norms on Reservations.
- Candidates already applied need not apply again for the posts they have already applied. Those who are desirous to apply other posts due to removal of reservation norms at the time of application, (as per Court Judgment) may have to apply again. Those who require
updating of qualification/ experience may do so by making specific request along with selfattested photocopies of the relevant documents.
- Those who are desirous to apply a fresh, for the above posts, on the basis of the re notification may also do so, adhering to the guidelines at 6, 7 and 8 above.
- Kerala Forest Research Institute (KFRI) is a multidisciplinary team of experts conducting research on tropical forests and forestry. This Institute has contributed significantly to research in tropical forestry and biodiversity conservation over the past three decades of its existence. Founded in 1975, Institute is envisioned as a Centre of Excellence in Tropical Forestry to provide scientific support for decision making on matters related to forestry, with particular emphasis on conservation, sustainable utilization and scientific management of natural resources. KFRI became a part of the Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE) along with five other R&D Centres of the State, when the KSCSTE was constituted in 2002.
- KFRI has 27 highly qualified scientific staff and about 102 supporting and administrative staff. The man power is organized in to 17 Research Departments which are grouped as nine Programme Divisions so that the research activities converge to contribute to the Vision of KFRI.
- We undertake research and consultancy programmes for national and international agencies on the issues relating to biological conservation and management of natural resources. KFRI has about fifty scientists supported by a strong team of skilled and qualified man power in various areas including documentation, accounting, administration, engineering etc. Institute is accredited as research centre of the FRI University Dehradun, University of Calicut and Cochin University of Science and Technology for enrolling students for research programme leading to award of PhD Degree.
- Institute has well maintained state of the art instrumentation centre besides specialised laboratories for research in Tissue-culture, Clonal Multiplication, Physiology, Wildlife Biology, Soil Science, Biotechnology, Wood Sciences, Biochemistry, Mycology, Entomology, Sylviculture, GIS and RS
- Our facilities for plant propagation includes Forest Seed Centre (KFSC), Nurseries, Green House, Mist chamber etc. Apart from this KFRI maintains facilities for long-term monitoring of environmental process such as Permanent plots and Weather Stations. “Tree Health Helpline” offers free consultation for most of the issues relating to tree crops launched by the institute has become popular among various stakeholders.
- Secretariats of two international networks funded by Food and Agriculture Organisation of United Nations- namely TEAKNET and APFISN, are housed in KFRI.
- Institute staff over the period of three decades of their field visits to remote forest localities across India has accumulated impressive collections of plant and animal specimens, and pedological samples which are organised as: Arboretum, Bambusetum, Cane and Palmetum, Herbarium, Medicinal Plants, Orchidarium, Soil museum, Xylarium, Wildlife Museum, Teak Museum. The Guided Nature Trails and Thematic Displays on forestry and environment with the extension and training division deserve special mention.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form