Last Date:26 August,2019
National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC)
NTPC aka National Thermal Power Corporation Limited invites Sarkari Job Application for the post of 203 Engineers Vacancy 2019. NTPC Recruitment Qualification / eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official website is www.ntpc.co.in
Name of the post – Engineers
No of post – 203
Pay Scale – 50000 – 1.60,000/-
Engineering Degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Electronics/Instrumentation Engineering with minimum 60% marks and Minimum 3 years Post Qualification Experience.
General Information:govt jobs
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply.
- All qualifications should be from Universities / Institutions recognized and approved in India.
- All computations of age/ experience requirement / qualification shall be done w.r.t. the last date of receipt of online application as mentioned in the advertisement. The date of declaration of result / issuance of Mark sheet shall be deemed to be the date of acquiring the qualification and there shall be no relaxation on this account. Post qualification experience on a post/ level shall be counted only from the said date onwards.
- In order to restrict the number of candidates to be called for an interview, if so required, the Management reserves the right to conduct online screening/ selection test or to raise the minimum eligibility standards/ criteria, as per requirement. In case of selection test, the final selection shall be on the basis of 85% weightage of online written test marks and 15% weightage of interview marks. However, candidate has to qualify separately in online written test & interview. Candidates are required to indicate their choice for test centres at the time of online application. NTPC reserves the right to change the test centres depending upon the response/feasibility.
- Candidates claiming to belong to any particular category shall necessarily submit a copy of OBC/SC/ST/PwBD certificate, as the case may be, from a CompetentAuthority. Upper age is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST candidates, by 3 years for OBC candidates, by 10 years for PwBD candidates, by 5 years for candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.80 to 31.12.89. Relaxation of age to Ex-Serviceman as per Govt. guidelines. For SC/ST candidates, the total years of post qualification experience will be relaxed by 1 year.
- Depending on the requirement, the Company reserves the right to cancel / restrict / curtail / enlarge the number of vacancies, if need so arises, without any further notice and without assigning any reason thereof.
- Posting shall be at any of the Stations/ Projects/ JVs/ Subsidiaries of NTPC. All posts are transferable at the sole discretion of the Management.
- While applying for any post, the applicant should ensure that he / she fulfills the eligibility and other norms mentioned above, as on the specified dates and that the particulars furnished are correct in all respects. In case it is detected at any stage of recruitment that a candidate does not fulfill the eligibility norms and / or that he / she has furnished any incorrect / false information or has suppressed any material fact(s), his/her candidature will stand automatically cancelled. If any of the above shortcoming(s) is / are detected even after appointment his / her services are liable to be terminated without any notice.
- The mere fact that a candidate has submitted application against the advertisement and apparently fulfilling the criteria as prescribed in the advertisement would not bestow on him/her the right to be definitely called for test/interview/ considered further for selection process.
- Any proceedings in respect of any matter of claim or dispute arising out of this advertisement and / or an application in response thereto can be instituted only in Delhi and courts / tribunals / forums at Delhi only shall have sole and exclusive jurisdiction to try any such cause / dispute.
- In case any ambiguity/dispute arises on account of interpretation in versions other than English, the English Version will prevail.
How To Apply:
- Interested candidates should log on to our website www.ntpccareers.net for applying. No other means/ mode of application shall be accepted. Candidates are required to possess a valid email ID. NTPC will not be responsible for bouncing back of any email sent to the candidates.
- Candidate belonging to General/OBC category is required to pay a non-refundable registration fee of Rs. 300/-. The SC/ST/PwBD/XSM category candidates need not pay the registration fee. Candidates will be required to upload their photograph, signature & challan/pay-in slip (applicable only for Gen. and OBC candidates) during the online application. All attachments to be in JPG/JPEG format of 500 KB each.
- State Bank of India has been authorized to collect the registration fee, in a specially opened account (A/C No. 30987919993) at CAG branch, New Delhi (Code: 09996), on behalf of NTPC. Candidate has to approach the nearby SBI branch with a printout of the “pay-in-slip” which is available on the application registration portal. The pay-in-slip printed from the portal should only be used for depositing the fee for proper crediting of amount in the allocated account. On receipt of the money, the bank will issue a unique Journal Number and a Branch Code of the bank collecting the money. This journal number and the branch code are to be filled up by the candidate during online registration. NTPC will not be responsible, in case a candidate deposits the fee in wrong account. Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates are therefore requested to verify their eligibility before paying the registration fee.
- After applying online, candidate is required to download the registration slip generated by the system with unique registration number. Copy of registration slip may be retained by the candidate for future reference. No document is required to send to us by post.
- It is mandatory that eligible candidates go through the full text of the advertisement and agree to all the conditions given, while applying for the post.
- NTPC Limited, formerly known as National Thermal Power Corporation Limited, is an Indian Public Sector Undertaking, engaged in the business of generation of electricity and allied activities. It is a company incorporated under the Companies Act 1956 and is promoted by the Government of India. The headquarters of the company is situated at New Delhi. NTPC’s core business is generation and sale of electricity to state-owned power distribution companies and State Electricity Boards in India. The company also undertake consultancy and turnkey project contracts that involve engineering, project management, construction management and operation and management of power plants.
- The company has also ventured into oil and gas exploration and coal mining activities. It is the largest power company in India with an electric power generating capacity of 53,651 MW. Although the company has approx. 16% of the total national capacity it contributes to over 25% of total power generation due to its focus on operating its power plants at higher efficiency levels (approx. 80.2% against the national PLF rate of 64.5%).NTPC currently produces 25 billion units of electricity per month.
- It was founded by Government of India in 1975, which now holds 54.74% of its equity shares on 30.06.2016 (after divestment of its stake in 2004, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016, & 2017)
- In May 2010, NTPC was conferred Maharatna status by the Union Government of India,one of the only four companies to be awarded this status. It is ranked 400th in the Forbes Global 2000 for 2016.
- The company was founded on 7 November 1975 as “National Thermal Power Corporation Private Limited”. It started work on its first thermal power project in 1976 at Shaktinagar (named National Thermal Power Corporation Private Limited Singrauli) in Uttar Pradesh.In the same year, its name was changed to “National Thermal Power Corporation Limited”. In 1983, NTPC began commercial operations (of selling power) and earned profits of INR 4.5 crores in FY 1982-83. By the end of 1985, it had achieved power generation capacity of 2000 MW.In 1986, it completed synchronisation of its first 500 MW unit at Singrauli. In 1988, it commissioned two 500 MW units, one each in Rihand and Ramagundam. In 1989, it started a consultancy division. In 1992, it acquired Feroze Gandhi Unchahar Thermal Power Station (with from Uttar Pradesh Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam of Uttar Pradesh.By the end of 1994, its installed capacity crossed 15,000 MW.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form