Last Date: 01 Oct,2019
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
Walk-In-Interview is scheduled to held on 01-10-2019 (09 AM) by Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) for selection of all eligible and interested candidates to 20 positions of Trainee (Library Science) on correct basis in the given areas.Attend the interview with recent passport size photograph and relevant documents. The qualification for these posts should be from recognised University/Institution.
Name of the post – Trainee (Library Science)
No of post – 20
Pay Scale – Rs 20000
Bachelor of Library Science (BLIS).
General Information:latest andhra govt jobs
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), New Delhi has undertaken a project under National Mission on Libraries (NML) called National Virtual Library of India (NVLI) funded by Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India. NVLI Project proposes to engage the services of qualified and experienced persons on contract basis for the following positions at IGNOU HQs, New Delhi initially for a period of Six months or upto 31.03.2020 through Walk-In Interviews. The schedule of Walk in Interviews shall be as per details given below.
- The mode of Selection for positions at S.No. 9, 11 & 12 shall be through Test followed by interview.
- The engagement is purely on temporary basis on contract which will be initially for a period of six months. Further extension can be considered based on performance and project’s requirements as well as extension of project beyond 31.03.2020. The candidateshould be willing to work upto late hours and on holidays as per emergent projectrequirements.
- Canvassing in any form will be treated as disqualification. No. of vacancies are indicative. It may increase/decrease as per actual requirement of the project. ‘
- No correspondence of any kind shall be entertained. The University reserves the right to relax any of the requirements i.e. age, educational qualification, experience etc. in exceptional cases.
The interviews will be at Centre for Online Education (COE), Radha Krishna Block, Block No.-17, Indira Gandhi National Open University, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi – 110068.
- The candidate shall report at the given time & address along with original certificates and two self attested Xerox copies and latest passport size photograph as well as copies of PAN & Adhar Card. Candidate shall not be allowed after 09:30 am on given Walk-in Interview date.
- No TA / DA will be paid for attending the Walk-in interview.
- Out station candidates shall make their own arrangements for stay etc. as the process of Walk-in Interviews may continue till late in the evening of the same day.
- The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), established by an Act of Parliament in 1985, has continuously striven to build an inclusive knowledge society through inclusive education. It has tried to increase the Gross Enrollment Ratio (GER) by offering high-quality teaching through the Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode.
- The University began by offering two academic programmes in 1987, i.e., Diploma in Management and Diploma in Distance Education, with a strength of 4,528 students.
- Today, it serves the educational aspirations of over 3 million students in India and other countries through 21 Schools of Studies and a network of 67 regional centres, around 2,667 learner support centres and 29 overseas partner institutions. The University offers about 228 certificate, diploma, degree and doctoral programmes, with a strength of nearly 810 faculty members and 574 academic staff at the headquarters and regional centres and about 33,212 academic counsellors from conventional institutions of higher learning, professional organisations, and industry among others.
- The Indira Gandhi National Open University, the National Resource Centre for Open and Distance Learning, with international recognition and presence, shall provide seamless access to sustainable and learner-centric quality education, skill upgradation and training to all by using innovative technologies and methodologies and ensuring convergence of existing systems for large-scale human resource development, required for promoting integrated national development and global understanding.
- The University has made a significant mark in the areas of higher education, community education and continual professional development. The University has been networking with reputed public institutions and private enterprises for enhancing the educational opportunities being offered by it. As a world leader in distance education, it has been conferred with awards of excellence by the Commonwealth of Learning (COL), Canada, several times.
- The University is committed to quality in teaching, research, training and extension activities, and acts as a national resource centre for expertise and infrastructure in the ODL system. The University has established the Centre for Extension Education, National Centre for Disability Studies and National Centre for Innovation in Distance Education, to focus on specific learner groups and enrich the distance learning system.
- With the launch of EduSat (a satellite dedicated only to education) on 20th September, 2004, and the establishment of the Inter-University Consortium, the University has ushered in a new era of technology-enabled education in the country. All the regional centres and high enrollment study centres have been provided with active two-way video-conferencing network connectivity, which has made it possible to transact interactive digital content.
- Emphasis is now being laid on developing interactive multimedia and online learning, and adding value to the traditional distance education delivery mode with modern technology-enabled education within the framework of blended learning.
click above to download
the employment notification