Last Date:22 April,2019
Advt. No: 4-R/IMSc/2019
Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSC)
IMSC is inviting eligible candidates to apply for 19 contractual posts of Project Scientific, Project Assistant and Various.Interested Eligible Candidates may send their applications as per prescribed format to concerned E-mail address by 22-04-2019 . All the relevant documents must be sent alongwith application form, as proof of suitability for the posts. Email subject must be formed properly, containing name of post applied for
Name of the post – Project Scientific, Project Assistant and Various
No of post – 19
Pay Scale – Rs 90000,Rs 46004,Rs 46004,Rs 41500,Rs 75500,Rs 20500,Rs 58500
General Information:tamilnadu govt employment
- Interested candidates are requested to send a brief e-mail about their interest by attaching therewith their latest resume to unique e-mail id as mentioned at Col (8) against each Project position in the above table on or before 1700 hrs on the date mentioned at Col (9) against each project position mentioning the position details in the subject of the e-mail as“Application for the Project Position at Sl.No. ( ) (Name of the Project Position in Capital Letters) of Advt. No: 4-R/IMSc/2019.
- Mails sent on or after the above time & date will not be considered under any circumstances.
- Indicating subject in the e-mail as explained above under General Information of the Project Position is very important.
- Depending on the number of candidates respond to this advertisement, the Institute will decide whether to conduct a brief objective type written test of about one and half hours [1000hrs to 1130 hrs] or to go with direct interview.
- Only those candidates who are meeting the minimum educational qualifications & experience mentioned in the advertisement will be eligible to appear for Written test / interview. Hence screened list of candidates will be displayed by us after verifying their candidature on the “Opportunities page” of the Institute’s website [www.imsc.res.in] immediately after the last date but within two working days. Therefore, short listed candidates whose names are displayed by us on Opportunities page only need to come and appear for Written Test / Interview as per the Project position wise date already fixed by us as shown at Column (10) against each Project positions in the above Table-I.
- However, the Institute will arrange to send call letters to respective emails to those candidates who submit applications against the Project Positions shown at Sl. Nos. (7) , (8), (9), (10), (11) & (12) and shortlisted for writtenc test / interview. The candidates should bring the call letters along with them when they appear for written test / interview on respective date without fail.
- The candidates who have applied for the Project positions against this advertisement and whose names are shortlisted for written test/ interview and displayed by us on the opportunities page of IMSc website will only be allowed to appear for Written Test / Interview and they should bring one copy of valid proof of ID card with original (like AADHAR/Driving License/ Passport / VoterID).
- Except displaying the shortlisted candidates on our website, no separate call letter / confirmation requesting the candidates to attend for Written Test (or) Interview will be sent by this Institute to those candidates who have submitted their applications in response to this advertisement for the Project Positions at Sl.No. (1), (2), (3), (4), (5),(6), (13), (14), (15) & (16).
- The candidates who have applied for the Project positions against this advertisement and whose names are displayed in the screened list should bring one copy of e-mail sent by them with photo pasted on it with clear header showing time and date of e-mail & Resume already sent by them at the time of reporting for Written Test/Interview. The candidates without e-mail or carrying the copies of e-mails without header or copy of e-mail sent after the last time and date (as indicated under column (9)) will not be allowed to appear for Written Test or Interview under any circumstances.
- The candidates submitting e-mails for the above positions are requested to note the day and date of written test followed by interview shown at column (10) of the above table – I.
- The candidates should on their own attend for written test on the date mentioned
- All those candidates who have been short listed for the Project positions are requested to report sharp at 0930 hrs on the dates of written test / interview as indicated against each Project positions at column (10) at Ramanujan Auditorium, IMSc and sign the attendance statement without fail. The candidates also should bring along with them all original certificates and one set of copies of all certificates as to proof of age, educational qualification, and experience etc.
- The list of successful candidates of the written test wherever conducted will be displayed on the notice board on the same day for which venue location will be announced at the time of written test. Only those candidates who clear the written test are required to appear for Interview time for which will be announced at the written test venue.Wherever only interview is prescribed the candidates will be guided accordingly at Ramanujan Auditorium while signing the attendance statement.
- Hard copies of applications/ resume received by hand/ post/ courier will not be considered under any circumstances.
- E-mail received by us without attaching resume will not be considered under any circumstances.
- The prescribed qualifications are minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle the candidate to be considered for the advertised position. The decision of the Director of this Institute in all matters will be final and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained in this matter.
- Only outstation candidates belonging to SC/ ST appearing for the written test and selected for interview only will be reimbursed to and fro second class railway fare/ bus fare or actual fare incurred which ever is less by the shortest route form the station of residence/ work place to Chennai & back on production of tickets.
- Please visit “Opportunities Page” of our website www.imsc.res.in for full details of advertisement, screened list of candidates and visit “Getting here” page to know location information of our Institute.
- The Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc) (sometimes also referred to as Matscience) is a research centre located in Chennai, India.
- IMSc is a national institute for fundamental research in frontier disciplines of the mathematical and physical sciences: theoretical computer science, mathematics, theoretical physics, and computational biology. It is funded mainly by the Department of Atomic Energy. The institute operates the Kabru supercomputer.
- The institute was founded by Alladi Ramakrishnan in 1962. Its motivation has been the Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton, New Jersey, United States. It went through a phase of expansion when E. C. G. Sudarshan in the 1980s and R. Ramachandran in 1990s were the Directors. The current Director of the institute is V. Arvind.
- The institute has a graduate research program to which a group of students are admitted each year to work towards a Ph.D. degree. IMSc hosts scientists at the post-doctoral level and supports a visiting scientist program in areas of research in the Institute.
- Located in South Chennai, in the Adyar-Taramani area, the institute is on the Central Institutes of Technology (CIT) campus. The Institute maintains a student hostel, flatlets for long-term visitors, married students and post-doctoral fellows, and the institute guest house. IMSc has its own faculty housing in Tiruvanmiyur near the seashore.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form