Last Date:30 Apr,2019
National Institute of Technology (NIT)
NIT Rourkela is inviting eligible candidates to apply online for 177 posts of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor.Interested and Eligible Candidates may apply online by 30-04-2019 , after making sure that they meet the concerned eligibility criteria. All personal and educational details must be mentioned properly.
Name of the post – Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor
No of post – 177
Pay Scale – As per norms
Ph.D Degree in related subject and related experience.
General Information:andhra pradesh government jobs
- All qualifications, experiences, and age limit will be considered as on the closing date of application.
- Applications received on or before the closing date only will be considered for scrutiny and selection.
- NIT Rourkela has adopted four-tier flexible faculty structure for NITs. Any new guidelines and clarifications issued by MHRD, till final selection, shall be applicable.
- All degrees acquired by the applicant should be from an Institute/University recognized by the UGC/AICTE/AIU.
- No person, (i) who had entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or (ii) who is having a spouse alive, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said post.
- As an Institute of National Importance, NIT Rourkela strives to have a workforce, which reflects an all-India character and hence candidates from all over the country and abroad are encouraged to apply.
- NIT Rourkela strives to have a workforce, which also reflects gender balance and hence women candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
- Fresh appointment beyond the age of 60 years is discouraged except in the case of faculty with exceptional research, industrial, and/or academic career.
- Serving regular faculty members of the institute shall be eligible to apply for higher positions in their own departments irrespective of their specialization, if they satisfy other advertised criteria.
- In order to limit the number of candidates to be called for interview, the scrutiny committee constituted for the purpose may prepare a list of candidates to be called for interview by following a higher standard for shortlisting.
- Mere fulfilment of minimum qualification and experience does not entitle a candidate for a call to attend interview. Short listing criteria may be set higher than the minimum advertised.
- Since Departments/Subjects/Specializations are many and not comparable with each other,following an uniform standard/norm for shortlisting of a candidate by a department is not feasible.Hence, Departments may fix different short-listing criteria for a post/specialization.
- The Institute reserves the right to call finally short-listed candidates for interview after screening by the committee. The Institute also reserves the right to defer or cancel the selection process at any stage without assigning any reason thereof. The decision of the Institute in this regard will be final and binding on all the applicants who responded to this advertisement. No interim correspondence or unsolicited query will be entertained.
- Candidates applying from abroad can be permitted to attend the interview on their request through video conferencing depending on merit. It is mandatory to have personal presence in the interview for the applicants who are residing in India.
- Candidates shortlisted for interview will have to produce original documents for verification in support of their application regarding reservation category, educational qualification, experience,and other claims.
- Apart from the merit, the specialization of a candidate within a department will play a vital role in selection. Candidates with specialization in greater need by the department will be given preference. Candidates with work experience in reputed Universities, Institutions or Industry or with greater relevance to the academic programmes of a department will be given preference. The Institute’s decision on reputation of other Universities/Institutes will be binding.
- Candidates may be posted and/or transferred to another Post/Department at any time during service career, in the interest of the Institute.
- Canvassing in any manner or unsolicited query made would entail disqualification of a candidate.
- Application Ids of the shortlisted candidates will be displayed in the Institute website. Information regarding application status, interview schedule, etc. will be made available in the recruitment portal only. The Institute will not be responsible in any manner if a candidate fails to visit / access the portal in time. Candidates are advised to regularly visit and login to the Institute’s recruitment portal http://nitrkl.ac.in/recruitment for update status/ information.
- National Institute of Technology Rourkela (NITR), formerly Regional Engineering College Rourkela (REC Rourkela), is a publicly funded premier institute of higher learning for engineering, science and technology located in the steel city of Rourkela, Odisha, India. It is one of the 31 National Institutes of Technology in India and has been recognized as an Institute of National Importance by the National Institutes of Technology Act, 2007. It is ranked 12 in the NIRF Rankings 2017 of Indian engineering universities.
- NIT Rourkela was established as Regional Engineering College (REC) Rourkela on 15 August 1961. Chief Minister of Odisha, Biju Patnaik provided the land for it, approximately 648 acres. Its foundation stone was laid by the first Prime Minister of India, Jawaharlal Nehru. It was granted autonomy in 2002 and now functions independently under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, thus becoming one of the National Institutes of Technology.
- During the Captainship of the Founding Director Prof. Sunil Kumar Sarangi, the institute was transformed to its current status, and now NIT Rourkela is well known for its research related activities in various fields of science and technology.
- The institute is managed by a Board of Governors (BoG) created as per NIT Act of 2007. The Act is responsible for the overall superintendence, direction, and control of its affairs. The Director is responsible for managing the day-to-day affairs of the institute, and the director is the Principal Executive and Academic Officer. The BoG is assisted by the Senate, which frames the curriculum and conducts the examinations. The Senate also appoints advisory or expert committees to make recommendations to the BoG on academic matters related to various departments. The Building and Works Committee and the Finance Committee also assist the BoG.
- The Institute has different departments, centers and technical service units (TSUs). Each department or centre is headed by a faculty member and each TSU is headed by a faculty member or an officer.
- The director is supported in various activities by the deans, i.e. the Dean for Academics, the Dean for Student Welfare, the Dean for faculty welfare, the Dean for Alumni, the Dean for Planning and Development and the Dean for SRICCE (Sponsored Research, Industrial Consultancy, and Continuing Education). The registrar is in charge of all office and staff administration, and has two deputy registrars and six assistant registrars.
- The Rourkela Steel City is a medium-sized metropolis, located on the Howrah-Mumbai and Ranchi-Bhubaneswar main railway routes, and well connected to all parts of the country by road and rail. The population of the city is about 7 lakhs. The institute is about 7 km from the railway station. The campus of the institute consisting of the institute buildings, halls of residence and staff colony is situated at the eastern end of Rourkela, beyond Sector-1, on land provided by the Government of Odisha. The institute is bordered by small mountains on the south which are sometimes used as a picnic spot by students.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form