Last Date:13 September,2019
Advt No : IIE-202/2017-4454/OSSC
Odisha Staff Selection Commission (OSSC)
OSSC aka Odisha Staff Selection Commission invites application for the post of 16 Statistical Assistant. Apply Online before 13 September 2019. OSSC Recruitment Qualification/eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official Website is www.ossc.gov.in
Name of the post – Statistical Assistant
No of post – 16
Pay Scale – 16880/- (Per Month)
Bachelor Degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Physics/Economics/Sociology.
General Instruction:tamilnadu govt employment
- Online application form will be available from Dt. 14.08.2019 to Dt. 13.09.2019 by 11.55 P.M.
- Candidates are to be extra vigilant while filling up the Form as there is no edit option.
- Candidates should not send the Detailed Application Form(DAF), copies of the certificates/documents or the originals to Odisha Staff Selection Commission.
- Candidates should upload the documents as listed in Clause -8(i to xi) of the Advertisement while applying online. They have to produce the originals of the same and a set of self attested photo copies of the uploaded certificates/ documents at the time of Viva Voce Test.
- The certificates/documents uploaded as per clause 8 (i to xi) of this advertisement must have validity.
- It should be noted that in case any discrepancy is noticed during certificate verification between the originals and the uploaded copies of the documents, the candidature of the candidate shall be cancelled on the ground of submission of false documents.
- The minimum educational qualification for the post is Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Physics/Economics/Commerce/Sociology with Basic Knowledge in Computer. Candidates having Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology must have passed Intermediate/+2 level with Mathematics as one subject.
- The prescribed age limit for the post is from 21 years to 32 years as on 1.1.2017 with as usual age relaxation in favour of SC/ ST/ SEBC/ Women/ PWD /Ex-serviceman/ In-service contractual employees completed one year of continuous service prior to effective of Group-B Contractual Appointment Rules-2013.
- Candidates applying for the post must go through the detailed advertisement and ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility criteria prescribed for the post as laid down in this advertisement. Admission of a candidate for the Written Examination shall be provisional and would be on the basis of the information furnished by him/her in the online application form.
- The candidates should exercise their option for the post of Statistical Assistant under Labour Commissioner/ Directorate of ESI Scheme/ Directorate of Factories & Boilers in order of their preference for selection. Option exercised in the online application form shall be final. However, the Commission may select a candidate to any one office basing on his/her merit position, availability of vacancy in his/her category & as per option exercised in order of preference. The decision of the Commission in this regard shall be final and binding.
- If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any
information furnished by the candidate in his/her online application is false/incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate otherwise does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post, his/her candidature for the examination will be cancelled forthwith and he may be debarred from appearing at any further recruitment examination conducted by OSSC either temporarily or permanently.
- The scanned signature and the scanned photograph & the documents uploaded (as listed at clause-8 of the advertisement) should be clearly identifiable and visible. If the same are not visible/ Identifiable, the
- application is liable to be rejected and no correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
- Appointment to the post shall be guided by Odisha Group-B posts (Contractual Appointment) Rules, 2013 notified vide G.A. Department Notification No. GAD-SC-Rules-0061-2013-1147/Gen dt. 17.01.2014 and amended up to date.
- No Call letter/Admission letter for the recruitment at any stage shall be sent to the candidates by post. The candidates are therefore advised to be in constant touch with Commission’s website www.ossc.gov.in to know about the status of their applications and Date of Examinations.
- The names of the candidates who will not attend the Viva Voce Test will be deleted from the merit list,
- Any Application other than online mode shall not be accepted by the Commission and summarily rejected.
- Online applications not properly filled in or found incomplete in any respect or furnished false information are liable for rejection without entertaining any correspondence with the applicants on that score.
- Online Applications are invited from intending candidates for selection of 14(fourteen) posts of Statistical Assistant under Labour Commissioner, Odisha, Bhubaneswar, 1(one) post of Statistical Assistant under Director of Employees State Insurance Scheme, Odisha, Bhubaneswar and I (one) post of Statistical Assistant under Director of Factories and Boilors, Odisha, Bhubaneswar (Labour & ESI Department). The appointment to the post will be initially on contractual basis on monthly remuneration of Rs. 16880/-(for 15t year) subject to revision as per orders of Government from time to time as per G.A. Department Notification No. GAD-SC-Rules-0037-2017¬19569/Gen dt. 12.09.2017.
- The Odisha Staff Selection Commission (OSSC) was set up by Govt. of Odisha as a statutory body in the year 1994 for carrying out direct recruitment against Group-C posts in the State cadre (as against District cadre) as may be scheduled in the OSSC Rules, 1993. There are some 85 different cadres of posts/ services under various departments of Government to which recruitment is made through this Commission. .
- The Commission’s office is located at Barrack No.1, Unit-V, Bhubaneswar-751054.
- The Commission is headed by the Chairman, and in addition it comprises of a Member. They are appointed by the Government, and are governed by Rules regulating their recruitment and conditions of service. The Commission is accountable to the General Administration Department of Government in administrative and financial matters. Secretary is the Head of Office; and assisting him are the Joint Secretary / Addl. Secretary, Under Secretary, Accounts Officer, and the Special Officer. Chairman is vested with the authority to dispose of matters pertaining to discharge of the Commission’s mandate, and its smooth functioning.
- By end of the year, 2012 the Commission has carried out 153 cases of recruitment, and selected and sponsored suitable candidates for appointment against 6317 number of posts in all.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form