Last Date:22 November,2019
Advt No : R/GDMO/BMOH/75(1)/1/ /2019
West Bengal Health Recruitment Board (WBHRB)
WBHRB aka West Bengal Health Recruitment Board invites Sarkari Job application for the post of 1497 General Duty Medical Officer (GDMO) & BMOH. Apply Online 22 November 2019. WBHRB Recruitment Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below……. Official Website is www.wbhrb.in
Name of the post – General Duty Medical Officer (GDMO) & BMOH
No of post – 1497
Pay Scale – 15600 – 42000/-
Medical qualifications ( MBBS Degree).
General Information:employment news
- Online applications are invited from Indian Citizen and such other national as declared eligible by Government of India for recruitment to the post of General Duty Medical Officers ( G.D.M.O.s ) in the Cadre of the West Bengal Health Service (Basic Grade) and Block Medical Officer of Healths ( B.M.O.H.s ) (Basic public health-cum-administrative Officer) in West Bengal Public Health Cum Administrative Services under Health & Family Welfare, Department, Government of West Bengal.
- Only online registration of Application will be allowed on the website ( www.wbhrb.in ) between 15.11. 2019 to 22.11.2019 ( before 8 PM).
- Posts are temporary but likely to be permanent in future.
- A candidate should verify from the notified rules that he/she is eligible. The condition prescribed cannot be relaxed. The recruitment will be made by selection but Where a large number of applications are received, as a result of Advertisement,the Board may , for the purpose of short-listing, hold a preliminary examination.
- Medical qualifications included in the First or Second Schedule or Part-II of the Third Schedule of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 (102 of 1956 ) and Registration as Medical Practitioner in West Bengal.
- Registration as Medical Practitioners in the Medical Council of India or any other State Medical Council provided that the candidates, if selected and appointed , must register their names in the West Bengal Medical Council within six months of joining the West Bengal Health Service.
- The applicant must be a citizen of India or such a person of other nationality as declared eligible by Government of India. He/ She should have the ability to read, write and speak in Bengali (not required in the case of Nepali speaking candidates of the three Hills sub-division of Darjeeling District- viz. Darjeeling sadar, Kalingpong & Kurseong).
- Ordinarily not more than 36 Years on 1st. January, 2019 for ordinary Medical Graduates, and 40 Years for those possessing Post Graduate qualifications, relaxable further for 2 more years for otherwise well qualified and experienced candidates:
- Provided further that the age relaxation may be considered to such Doctors who have served under this State Government to an extent equivalent to the period of such regular service subject to a maximum 5 years;
- Provided further that the age relaxation may be considered to such Doctors who have served under this State Government on contractual basis, to an extent equivalent to the period of such service, subject to a maximum 3 years;
- Provided further that age may also be relaxed by 5 years for SC and ST candidates of West Bengal, 3 years for OBC candidates of West Bengal, and up to 45 years of age for persons having physical disabilities with 40% and above.
- Candidates must submit online the application fee amounting to Rs. 210/- (Rupees two hundred ten only) in any Bank participating in the GRIPS ( Govt. Receipt Portal System ), Govt. of West Bengal at Government Receipt Head of Account: ‘0051-00-104-002-16’.
- It may please be noted that after making payment to Bank, Candidates have to log in to the website with the log in ID & Password, already provided to them after registration through SMS for payment verification and filling up the Form 2 of the Application Form.
- Money order, Cheque, Bank Draft, Cash etc. shall not be acceptable.
- No application shall be considered unless accompanied by the requisite application fee, excepting Candidates belonging to SC/ST category of West Bengal and persons with disabilities specified under Disabilities Rule, 1999 (certificates obtained before the Advertisement date), who need not pay any fee. Such exemption of fee is, however, not applicable to any OBC (category A or B) candidate.
- No claim for refund of the fee shall be entertained nor shall it be held in reserved for any other examination.
- Application shall be made in the format as available in the West Bengal Health Recruitment Board Website(www.wbhrb.in).
- In case, any of the statements made in the application found subsequently false, his/ her candidature shall be liable to cancellation, and even if appointed to a post on the results of this examination, his/ her appointment shall be liable to be terminated. Willful suppression of any material fact shall also be similarly dealt with.
- Candidates should take particular note that entries in their application submitted to the Board must be made correctly against all the items, which shall be treated as final and no alteration and addition in this regard shall be entertained after full submission of the application. Application, not duly filled in, or, found incomplete, or defective in any respect, or, without fee, shall be liable to rejection.
- The West Bengal Health Recruitment Board (WBHRB) may require such further proof or particulars from the candidates as it may consider necessary and may make enquiries regarding eligibility.
- Original Certificates relating to citizenship (by registration), age, qualifications, caste (SC/ST/OBC), Physical Disability (40% and above) shall have to be submitted, when the WBHRB asks for. If any candidate fails to furnish any certificate or any other relevant document or information relating to his/her candidature within the time specified by the Board, his/her claim for allotment shall be passed over without further reference to the candidate.
- A candidate should note that his/ her admission to the Examination/ Interview shall be deemed provisional subject to determination of his/ her eligibility in all respects. If at any stage, even after issue of the letter of appointment a candidate is found ineligible for admission to this Examination, his/ her candidature shall be cancelled without further reference to the concerned candidate.
- Any attempt on the part of candidate to enlist support for his/ her application shall disqualify for appointment.
- The Department of Health & Family Welfare is committed to provide proper delivery of health care services on a 24 X 7 basis to all citizens of the state through the different institutions and establishments under its control.
- With a view to see that health care delivery system at the desired level shall run effectively and smoothly with the required number of Medical/ Paramedical and other Staff belonging to various categories at different level, Department of Health & Family Welfare Government of West Bengal has constituted “West Bengal Health Recruitment Board”.
- The West Bengal Health Recruitment Board (WBHRB) is responsible for selecting and recommending candidates for direct recruitment to posts permanent or temporary for which the appointing authority is the Government in the Department of Health & Family Welfare and authority subordinate to the Governor.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form