Last Date:02 July,2019
Tata Institute of Social Sciences ( TISS)
TISS aka Tata Institute of Social Sciences invites application for the post of 14 Research Assistant & Programme Manager. Apply before 02 July 2019. TISS Recruitment Qualification /eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official website is www.tiss.edu
Name of the post — Research Assistant & Programme Manager
No of post — 14
Pay Scale — 30000 to 55000/- (Per Month)
Master’s degree in Social Sciences or Social Work.
General Instruction:delhi sarkari naukri
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences’ established Social Impact Assessment Cell will be assisting United Nations established ‘Action room to reduce poverty’ and Government of Maharashtra to bring about overall development in the 27 selected talukas out of 125 most backward talukas with a focus on livelihoods, quality education and healthcare. This work will focus on achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at the disaggregated level up to district and taluka. Based on the study, Micro District Development Plans will be prepared.
- The Program Manager will be responsible for carrying out research and supervise the activities of the whole team including RA/RI in the districts. The Program Managers would be reporting to Consultants. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by Consultants.Weekly work requirements and schedules must be discussed with the Consultants to ensure that the work priorities can be accomplished within the scheduled time.
- Engagement will be for up to 4 months and availability as early as possible. The Program Managers will be awarded appreciation certificate and remuneration of INR 45 to 55 thousand per month which includes the Accommodation and Travel allowances and the pay will be according to competencies skill.
- The Research Assistants will be responsible for carrying out research and supervise the activities of Research Interns. The Research Assistants would be reporting to Program Manager. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the Program Manager. Weekly work requirements and schedules must be discussed with the Program Manager to ensure that the work priorities can be accomplished within the scheduled time.
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences or Social Work with up to 2 years of relevant experience with exposure for surveys and report writing, preferably in the social development sector/public policy/journalism.
- The selected candidate will be based in Maharashtra. Engagement will be for the duration of 90 to 120 days. Research Assistants will be awarded an appreciation certificate and remuneration of INR 30 to 35 thousand per month which includes the Accommodation and Travel allowances and the pay will be according to competencies skill.
- The deadline for applying is 2nd July 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email expected by 7 th July 2019.
- Please drop an email to email@example.com with the Subject: ARRP- Position Name – Name of the candidate, along with your resume, covering letter, attach one written sample of any work/Report and one reference for the position.
- In case, If the candidate is pursuing M.Phil./PhD at TISS, The candidate has to obtain the signature of their guide and head of the department and the pay will be according to the UGC and Institute norms.
- The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) was established in 1936 as the Sir Dorabji Tata Graduate School of Social Work. In 1944, it was renamed as the Tata Institute of Social Sciences. The year 1964 was an important landmark in the history of the Institute, when it was declared Deemed to be a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act (UGC), 1956.
- Since its inception, the Vision of the TISS has been to be an institution of excellence in higher education that continually responds to changing social realities through the development and application of knowledge, towards creating a people-centred, ecologically sustainable and just society that promotes and protects dignity, equality, social justice and human rights for all.
- In pursuance of its vision and guiding principles, the Tata Institute of Social Sciences organises teaching programmes to facilitate the development of competent and committed professionals for practice, research and teaching; undertakes research; develops and disseminates knowledge; and reaches out to the larger community through extension, at the local, national, regional and international levels.
- Vision of the TISS has been to be an institution of excellence in higher education that continually responds to changing social realities through the development and application of knowledge, towards creating a people-centred, ecologically sustainable and just society that promotes and protects dignity, equality, social justice and human rights for all. The TISS works towards its vision through:
- Creation and provision of socially relevant and high quality professional education in a wide range of inter-disciplinary areas of Social Sciences to a larger number of students from all sections of the society in the country.
- Facilitation of autonomous research and dissemination of knowledge.
- Support knowledge creation through strong M.Phil. and Ph.D. programmes and Post-Doctoral scholars.
- Strategic extension, field action and advocacy through training and capacity building of State and non-State institutions and personnel.
- Initiate field action and advocacy to demonstrate and facilitate creation of policies and programmes.
- Professional response to natural and human-made disasters, through participation in relief and rehabilitation activities.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form