Last Date:31 Oct,2019
LGB Regional Institute of Mental Health (LGBRIMH)
Applications are invited from eligible and interested candidates by LGB Regional Institute of Mental Health (LGBRIMH) for 13 contractual posts of Assistant Professor.Interested candidates may apply as per proper format and send it to the concerned address with all required documents of qualification, experience, age. The application must reach by 31-10-2019 .
Name of the post – Assistant Professor
No of post – 13
Pay Scale – As per norms
MBBS degree with 3 yrs experience.
General Information:employment news
- Applications on prescribed format are invited from the citizens of India for filling up the following posts by direct recruitment /deputation/re-employment basis as specified below so as to reach by 31.10.2019.
- A recognised MBBS degree qualification included in the First 01 Second Schedule or Pan-I I of the Third Schedule (other than licentiate qualifications) to the Indian Medical Council Act. 1956 I _ of I 956). Hold r oi’ educational qualifications included in Part-II of the Third Schedule(should also fulfil the conditions specified in sub-section (3) of section 13 of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956( I 02 of 1956). (ii) Post-graduate degree in the concerned speciality or Super speciality mentioned in Section -NA Schedule-VI or equivalent recognised DNB qualification awarded by National Board of Examination.
- At least 03 years teaching experience in the concerned speciality as Lecturer/Tutor/Registrar/Demonstrator/Senior Resident after the requisite post graduate degree( qualification.
- In the case of holders of Doctorate f decline (D.M) or Master of Chiaroscuro (M.Ch) qualification of five years’ duration, the period of Senior Po t Gr date residency rendered in the last part of the said of Doctorate 01 Medicine (D.M) or Master of Chiaroscuro . h.) hall be counted towards requirement of teaching experience.
- Teaching experience in any other post like the p st of General Duty Medical Officer/Medical Officer shall not be considered for eligibility purpose for recruitment t teaching posts.
- PWD (Persons with Disabilities) category candidates who suffer not less than 40% of relevant loco motor disability with under mentioned physical requirements I suitability:
- A person who wants to avail benefit of reservation would have to submit a Disability Certificate issued by a competent authority in format given in Annexure – I
- 3 years teaching /clinical /research experience in the concerned subject after Ph.D degree.
- Candidates who do not fulfil requirement of advertisement need not apply.
- All Medical Qualifications should be recognised under MCI.
- All applicants for Non-Medical posts should have at least 55% marks in aggregate in Master’s degree besides other qualification.
- Persons with Disabilities are required to produce the physical handicapped certificate (with degree of disability) in original issued by the Competent Authority (i.e. Medical Board on instituted by the Central Govt. or State Govt.) at the time of interview.
- Appointments in a e of dirt recruitment will be on probation fo r 2 (two) years.
- incomplete application or application on after the last date will be summarily y rejected.
- The application in prescribed format is accompanied with a Bank Draft of Rs. 100/- to be drawn in fa ou r of th Dire tor. GBR I I l. Tczpur and attached copies of all certificates/one PP ·ize photograph so at reach to the Administrative Offi er. LGBRIMH. Tezpur-784001 latest by 31.10.2019 Within working h. Application received after last dat will summarily y b rejected.
- Number of vacancy is tentative which may be increased/decreased after a s ment/adjutmnt of vacancies. The appointing authority however reserves the right to fill or not to fill an of the vacancy at his discretion.
- Mere fulfilment of minimum requirement does not entai l a candidate to be call d for /shortlisted for interview/written examination.(15) Canvassing in any form will be treated a qualification.
- Lokopriya Gopinath Bordoloi Regional Institute of Mental Health is one of the oldest mental health care institutes in India established in the year 1876. It is located in Tezpur in Sonitpur district of Assam. The Institute is spread over 81 acres of land.
- Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi Regional Institute of Mental Health (LGBRIMH) is located in Tezpur. It is connected by road, rail and air to other parts of the country. The Institute is located about 2 km away from the ASTC Bus Stand, Tezpur. It is about 180 km away from Guwahati. The Tezpur Airport at Salonibari is about 15 km away from the Institute.
- The Lokopriya Gopinath Bordoloi Regional Institute of Mental Health (LGBRIMH) was initially set up as Tezpur Lunatic Asylum under the British Government in April, 1876. In 1922 the hospital was renamed as Tezpur Mental Hospital. The hospital accommodation rose up to 700 beds in 1932. After the Independence, the hospital was brought under the Government of Assam. In 1949, Late Dr. N. C. Bordoloi became the Superintendent of the hospital. During his tenure, the hospital saw marked improvement in the administration and treatment services. Dr. Bordoloi was the first psychiatrist in the country to receive the Padmashree Award from the Government of India for his dedicated service. A new Out-Patient Department (OPD) was built in 1987. In the following year, another two storied building was built to accommodate the increased number of patients. In 1989, the hospital was renamed as Lokopriya Gopinath Bordoloi Institute of Mental Health on the name of first chief minister of Assam Gopinath Bordoloi . In 1999 the Institute was handed over to the North Eastern Council (NEC). On 1 June 2007, the Institute was taken over by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (India), Government of India.
- Department of Psychiatry established in 1998. Residency Scheme of Government of India was started in this Institute from 2001. The Department started the DNB course in 2006 and MD course in 2010. It has regular structured teaching programmes for the trainees as per guidelines approved by the National Board of Examinations (NBE), Medical Council of India (MCI) and Gauhati University. The faculties also provide medico-legal services and act in cooperation with the District Disability Rehabilitation Centre (DDRC), Tezpur for certification of disability.
click above to download
the employment notification