Last Date:03 August,2019
Assam Rural Infrastructure and Agricultural Services Society (ARIAS)
ARIAS Society will conduct a Walk-In-Interview for suitable candidates for the recruitment to 4 posts of Procurement Management Executives in the concerned project. All posts are purely temporary for the prescribed period.Candidates must come to this Walk-In-Interview on 03-08-2019 (10:30 AM) at the given venue. The candidate may also bring original certificate for verification. No separate call letter will be posted to the candidates.
Name of the post – Procurement Management Executives
No of post – 04
Pay Scale – As per norms
Graduate/Post Graduate with 3 yrs experience.
General Conditions:himachal government jobs
- Candidates shall be mandatorily required to bring an application as per the prescribed ‘Application Format’ provided on the website of ARIAS Society at http://www.arias.in/career.html, along with all the Original certificates/documents relating to qualification, experience, age, identify proof, latest salary etc. and also a set of self-attested copies of the same and one passport size photograph. Candidates are advised to go through the draft Terms of Reference (ToR) and the detailed walk-in-interview notice provided in the above cited website. The originals will be returned after corroboration with the copies. Candidature will be liable for cancellation if at any stage it is found that information furnished in the application or supporting documents is misleading/misrepresented/incomplete/false. Application received through email will not be entertained.
- In case of overwhelming response, SPD, ARIAS Society reserves the right to hold written examination of the candidates selected for the interview, and in that case, the candidates securing more than 60% marks will only be interviewed.
- SPD, ARIAS Society reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of candidates to be recruited as per this walk=-ininterview notice. The SPD, ARIAS Society also reserves the right to cancel this advertisement and/or the selection process without assigning any reason and without thereby causing any liability to anyone.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for attending the Walk-in-interview.
- Interested and eligible Candidates (from India) having the required qualification, experience and skill-set may directly walk-in for Interview on 3rd August 2019 (Saturday) before 10:30 AM at the office of the ARIAS Society, Agriculture Complex, Khanapara, G.S. Road, Guwahati-781022. At the discretion of SPD, ARIAS Society, candidates arriving after 10.30 AM on the date of walk-in-Interview may not be considered/entertained for the interview process.
- ARIAS Society encourages women and persons with disabilityto apply.
- The ARIAS Society invites candidates for a Walk-In Interview for the recruitment of 4(four) nos. Procurement Management Executives(PMEs)on contract basis under the World Bank financed ACCSDP/APART. The selected candidates will be placed at the office of theARIAS Societyat Khanapara, Guwahati. The minimum required qualification & experience in brief, and the age limit and the indicative CTP range for the position are furnished below. However, the qualification & experience etc. shall be as per the detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) provided in the website of ARIAS Society at http://www.arias.in/career.html).
- Graduate/Post Graduate from any Government Recognized University in any subject.Atleast 3(three) years of experience in supporting procurement related functions in any project aided or financed by World Bank/ ADB or similar multilateral/ bilateral institutions or state/national level projects under the Govt. of India; or experience in supporting the procurement section in a large Public/ Private sector Organization. Knowledge and understanding of the Procurement guidelines & procedures of the World Bank/ ADB/Govt. of India or similar institutions will be advantage.In case, sufficient candidates with 3 (three) years of experience in the fields cited aboveare not available, the interview panel may allow candidates having atleast 2(two) years of experience to appear before the Interview Panel. However, in case found suitable, they will be selected at a lesser remuneration.
- The ARIAS Society is looking for individuals with higher level of skill set such as- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, and Internet, email etc. Proven practical skills in the area of procurement functions;Demonstrated strong conceptual, analytical skills with clarity of thought process and problem-solving skills;Excellent organizational skills;Excellent accuracy with keen attention to detail;Self motivated, high level of zeal and enthusiasm in all endeavours, unblemished integrity, ability to check quality of own work and ability to organize and prioritize own work to meet deadlines;Ability to work both independently and as well as in a team;Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely convey necessary information, explain reasoning, and support conclusions using data and facts;Good command over English language and oral communication skills.Age: The maximum age of the candidate should be 40 years as on 31st July 2019.However, in case of exceptionally talented candidate having wide relevant experience this requirement may be relaxed.Remuneration, Cost to Project (CTP): Depending on the qualifications, experience, competency and also the remuneration/ CTC of the last assignment, the consolidated fixed annual Cost to Project (CTP) of the PME will be determined and mutually agreed with the successful candidates, which would be in the range between Rs. 4.20 lakh to Rs. 6.18 lakh per year. The agreed annual CTP shall be inclusive of remuneration, performance-linked-incentive, communication allowance, health/service related allowance, all taxes, cost of accommodation and food at Guwahati, conveyance to attend the PCU, etc. However, if sufficient candidates with 3 (three) years of experience is not available, the interview panel may allow candidates having atleast 2(two) years of experience to appear before the Interview Panel and in case found suitable, the candidate(s) will be selected at a mutually agreed lesser CTP.
- Government of Assam created the Assam Rural Infrastructure and Agricultural Services Society (ARIASS) in November 1998, as an autonomous body, headed by the Chief Secretary, Assam, as its President (Project Guidance Council) and the Agriculture Production Commissioner, Assam as the Chairman (Governing Body). The Project Coordination Unit (PCU) is the head quarter of the Society, which is headed by a State Project Director. The key mandate of the Society is to manage, coordinate, implement World Bank aided projects and any other externally funded projects as authorized by the State Government, and to monitor the implementation performance of the line departments of the projects.
- The Society has successfully completed two World Bank aided projects (ARIASP: 1995-2004 and AACP: 2005-2011 including AACP-AF:2012-2015) and the Bank has rated performance of these projects as Satisfactory. The Society contributed in mainstreaming many of the good practices that emer ged from the projects into various schemes of the State Government. ARIASS has proved to be a path finder and innovator in the areas of targeting the intended beneficiaries, employment generation, reaching out to the vulnerable and the disabled and overall good governance and social accountability.
- The organizational structure in the PCU, is a vivid example of how few but especially skilled staff members can join together to fulfill a common vision. The ambience of the PCU is an icon of corporate work culture within the Govt. of Assam, with complete dedication and perseverance. The continuous and dedicated efforts of the Society has motivated World Bank to opine that the ARIASS has built enough capacity on Procurement & Financial Management, Monitoring & Evaluation, Social & Environmental Safeguards and has been able to generate evidence-based strategies for rural development.
- An important institutional innovation by the Society has been the enhanced role assumed by communities in decision making. The project has pioneered a highly Innovative Community-Procurement system with unique procurement process that not only enhanced community role in procurement decision making, but also brought in the economies of scale that enabled beneficiary farmers to buy pumps at rates cheaper than the market rates without compromising on the quality. The Innovative Farmer Friendly Community Procurement Model of ARIAS Society under AACP for irrigation, mechanization and fisheries sub-component, gives authority of procurement decisions to the farmer groups. The Bank and the Government of India (GoI) recognized this model as one of the ‘good practices’ which was published in a document captioned “Innovation in Development.” The GoI circulated this document to all the states for adoption. The model also received national and international recognition. Based on the success of this approach, community procurement has been mainstreamed into the regular operations of Departments of Agriculture and Fisheries. The project also ensured that women were adequately represented in the community procurement and social audit committees.
- ARIASS follows a ‘mission mode’ implementation-approach in all its endeavours, instead of the usual ‘program mode’ approach. Challenges are meant for the brave, which ARIAS Society has been addressing in a holistic manner. Dreams are meant to be fulfilled, only the path towards it has to be discovered, which the ARIAS Society has been religiously carving, based on its over 16 years of rich experience in managing World Bank aided projects.
click above to download
the employment notification