Last Date:22 Aug,2019
Advt. No. APL/HRM/Con/Adv-53(Pt-II)/11
Assam Petrochemicals Limited (APL)
APL is looking for suitable candidates for 4 posts of Assistant Manager and Accounts Officer on contract basis.All eligible candidates may submit applications to the given address latest by 22-08-2019 along with self attested true copies of graduation and provisional certificates.Incomplete and unsigned applications are liable to be rejected.
Name of the post – Assistant Manager and Accounts Officer
No of post – 04
Pay Scale – Rs.45,000-55,000/-,Rs.40,000-50,000/-
CA / CMA OR MBA (Finance) with graduation in Commerce. with 2-5 yrs experience,/
General Information:bank jobs
- All qualification must be from UGC recognized University/Deemed University or AICTE approved Autonomous Institution (wherever applicable) of repute
- Wherever CGPA/OGPA or letter grade in a Degree is awarded, equivalent percentage of marks should be indicated in the application as per norms adopted by University/Institutes.
- The cut-off date for determining age limit and post qualification experience will be 01-01-2019.
- The upper age is relaxable by 5(five) years for SC/ST candidates, 3 (three) years for OBC /MOBC candidates.
- Upper age limit shall be relaxed by 2(two) years in case of exceptionally deserving candidates.
- Reservation for specified categories shall be followed as per Government norms.
- The Management also reserves the right to recruit or not to recruit in the above position at any point of time without assigning any reason whatsoever.
- Candidature of the candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of the recruitment process or after recruitment or joining, if any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or is not found in conformity with eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement.
How To Apply:
- Interested candidates may apply with detailed bio-data in our prescribed form only along with self attested copies of certificates/testimonials in support of qualification, age, caste,experience etc. within 20 (Twenty) days by Ordinary/Speed post/Courier Service from the date of publication of this advertisement. No other means/mode of application will be accepted.
- The application should be addressed to: General Manager (HR) i/c Assam Petro-Chemicals Limited Namrup, P.O. Parbatpur – 786623 Dist. Dibrugarh (Assam)
- Period and nature of Service: Maximum 3 (three) years on Contractual basis. The Contractual engagement does not confer the right for automatic absorption or regularization in company’s service.
- Place of work: Namrup. However, the service is liable to be transferred to any other places as and when required.
- The number of post may vary depending upon the needs of the Company.
- The candidates working in Govt. / Semi Govt. / PSUs shall either forward their application through proper channel or shall produce NOC from their present employer at the time of interview. In case the application of the candidate is not forwarded through proper channel or the candidate fails to produce NOC from his present employer at the time of interview, his/her candidature will not be considered.
- The prescribed qualification/experience is the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle a candidate for written test/interview. APL’s decision shall be final in this regard.
- Any canvassing directly or indirectly by the applicant will disqualify his/her candidature. Any dispute with regard to recruitment against this advertisement will be settled within the jurisdiction of Dibrugarh Court only.
- The candidates called for interview for the aforesaid post shall be reimbursed to & fro III tier AC train/bus fare (from the mailing address) by shortest route subject to production of original or photocopy of ticket(s).
- No local conveyance expenses will be reimbursed.
- The Company shall not be responsible for any postal delay.
- Assam Petro-Chemicals Ltd. (APL) is a state level public sector undertaking of Govt. of Assam incorporated on 22nd April 1971. The foundation stone of the company was laid at Namrup on 15th June 1971 for production of Methanol and Formalin. Assam Industrial Development Corporation Ltd. (AIDC) promoted the company for manufacture of Methanol from Natural Gas which was abundantly available in the adjoining oil field in the Upper Assam. The Petrochemical complex of APL is the first of its kind in India, having natural gas as feedstock. Formalin is its downstream product.The company started its commercial production of Methanol and Formalin in June, 1976 from its two plants of 21 MTPD and 36 MTPD capacities respectively and a few Urea Formaldehyde resins as downstream projects with technology supplied by Mitsubishi Gas Chemicals Co., Japan.
- Having availability of Natural Gas in the nearby oil fields in the upper Assam, APL set up another 100 TPD Methanol plant and commissioned it in 1989 with technolog y supplied by ICI, UK and the 100 TPD capacity Formalin expansion plant in 1997 with technology from DerivadosForestales of Nederland. After the Supreme Court ban on timber industry in 1996, APL found it difficult to market Formalin, as it was used in big ways by plywood manufacturers located in NE Region. Further, closure of the DMT plant of BongaigaonRefinery and Petro-Chemicals Ltd. in 2000 closed the doors on another important consumer. Despite these twin setbacks that almost completely dried up its market within the state where it earned maximum profit, APL could make its own way of growth by selling Formalin to markets in the rest of the country, Bhutan, Bangladesh and Nepal. Further, APL revamped its 100TPD Formaldehyde plant to 125TPD in the year 2012. Present Plant Capacities-Methanol and Formalin are 100TPD and 125TPD respectively.
- Assam Petro-Chemicals Ltd. is now implementing a mega project of 500TPD Methanol and 200 TPD Formaldehyde plant as an expansion project of the company at a total cost of Rs. 1337 crore.Implementation of the 500 TPD Methanol project is going on at the adjacent plot of existing plant at Namrup in Dibrugarh district of Assam.Implementation of 200 TPD Formalin project is about to start at Boitamari in Bongaigaon District. The Hon’ble Chief Minister of Assam laid the foundation stone of the 200 TPD Formalin Project at Boitamari, Bongaigaon on 4th March, 2019. Governor of Assam, Oil India Limited and Assam Gas Company Limited are investing in equity capital for implementation of 500 TPD Methanol and 200 TPD Formalin project. Government of Assam alongwith Assam Gas Co. Ltd and AIDC Ltd. will hold 51% of shares and Oil India Ltd. will hold 49% of the equity capital of the company.In this connection, an MoU was sighed with Oil India Ltd. in February, 2018 during Advantage Assam -the Global Investors Summit held at Guwahati.
- Assam Petro-Chemicals Limited was the first company whose shares were listed in Bombay Stock Exchange (Now BSE) in 1975. The shares of the company delisted from BSE w.e.f. 20.02.2017 to enable the company to allot shares to Governor of Assam, Oil India Limited and Assam Gas Company Limited through private placement. APL was subsidiary company of Assam Industrial Development Corporation Ltd. till 21st September, 2018. Due to allotment of shares to the Governor of Assam, Oil India Limited and Assam Gas Co. Ltd. the company no longer a subsidiary of Assam Industrial Development Corporation Ltd. from that date.
- APL produces Methanol and Formalin from its plants located at Namrup and sell these products in domestic as well as exports to neighbouring countries viz. Nepal, Bhutan and Bangladesh.
click above to download
the employment notification