Last Date:14 July,2019
Advt. No. : CD(K)/P&A/RECTT(NEx)/18-19/548
Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
Kolkata (West Bengal)
SAIL aka Steel Authority of India Limited invites application for the post of 403 Overman, Mining Sirdar, Surveyor Management Trainees & Medical Officer Vacancy 2019. SAIL Recruitment Qualification/eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official website is www.sailcareers.com
Name of the post — Overman, Mining Sirdar & Surveyor
No of post — 72
Pay Scale — 15830 – 22150/-, 16800 – 24110/-
General Conditions:andhra pradesh government jobs
- Candidate must be an Indian national possessing requisite qualification from an Institute recognized by State Govt. /Central Govt.
- Candidates not fulfilling the required criteria need not apply. All certificates and documents in support of eligibility will be verified only during the Skill Test / Trade Test and any candidate who fails to produce the same, will not be allowed to appear at the Skill Test / Trade Test. Therefore, candidates are requested to ensure their eligibility before applying. Incomplete application and application received after the last date will not be accepted.
- Candidates claiming benefit of reservation should submit Caste Certificates in the format for appointment to posts under Government of India/ Central Government/ Public Sector Undertaking (format available on SAIL website www.sail.co.in at the link “Careers”) issued by a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- If the SC/ST/OBC certificate has been issued in a language other than English/Hindi, the candidates will be required to submit a self-certified translated copy of the same either in English or Hindi.
- Ex-servicemen are required to produce civil equivalence certificate of his / her qualification from the competent authority at the time of Skill Test / Trade Test.
- Ex-servicemen are also required to produce their discharge certificate in original at the time of Skill Test / Trade Test.
- Candidates sponsored by Local employment exchange will have to apply in the prescribed format in the prescribed system along with requisite application fee failing which they will not be considered.
- Candidature of a registered candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of the recruitment process or after recruitment or joining, if any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or is found not to be in conformity with eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement. Collieries Division reserves the right to reject the applications and no communication in this regard will be made with the applicant.
- Collieries Division reserves the right to fill or not to fill all or any of the above positions without assigning any reason whatsoever. Collieries Division is not liable to compensate the applicant for the consequential damages, if any, arising out of the aforesaid.
- The candidates, after selection, can be posted in any of the Collieries mentioned in the advertisement, where vacancy exists.
- The medical standards indicated above are minimum pre-requisites. However, appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their passing the Company‟s Medical Fitness examination as per standards laid down under SAIL‟s Medical & Health Policy.
- Bringing influence at any stage of the selection process will disqualify the candidate.
- The advertisement is available on SAIL website: www.sail.co.in at the link “Careers”). Any subsequent changes if made in the employment notice shall be communicated through the website. Candidates are advised to keep themselves updated of the changes if any.
- Candidates employed in Govt. Departments/PSUs/Autonomous Bodies will have to produce NOC from the present employer at the time of Skill Test /Trade Test.
- Collieries Division reserves the right to cancel or add any center depending on the response in that area/centre.
- No Traveling Expenses would be payable to the candidates to be called for Written Test. For SC / ST candidates appearing for Skill Test / Trade Test for posts in nonexecutive cadre, to & fro travelling expenses to the extent of sleeper class rail fare by the shortest route will be reimbursed, on production of proof of journey performed, along with reservation and the tatkal booking charges, if any. For candidates traveling by a class/mode higher than the entitlement or by road, reimbursement will be restricted
to the maximum of the entitled class only. Further, a candidate coming to attend Skill Test / Trade Test or Interview from a distance shorter than 30 KM will not be entitled for reimbursement of traveling expenses.
- Candidates should retain their copy of Pay in Slip (SBI Challan) and Registration Slip as they can be asked to produce it for future reference.
- Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) is an Indian state-owned steel making company based in New Delhi, India. It is a public sector undertaking, owned and operated by the Government of India with an annual turnover of INR 44,452 Crore (US$6.83 Billion) for fiscal year 2016-17. Incorporated on 24 January 1973, SAIL has 74,719 employees (as of 01-Sep-2018). With an annual production of 14.38 million metric tons, SAIL is the largest steel producer in India and one of the largest steel producers in the world. The Hot Metal production capacity of the company will further increase and is expected to reach a level of 50 million tonnes per annum by 2025. Sri Anil Kumar Chaudhary is the current Chairman of SAIL.
- SAIL operates and owns 5 integrated steel plants at Bhilai, Rourkela, Durgapur, Bokaro and Burnpur(Asansol) and 3 special steel plants at Salem, Durgapur and Bhadravathi. It also owns a Ferro Alloy plant at Chandrapur. As a part of its global ambition, the company is undergoing a massive expansion and modernisation programme involving upgrading and building new facilities with emphasis on state of the art green technology. According to a recent survey, SAIL is one of India’s fastest growing Public Sector Units. Besides, it has R&D centre for Iron & Steel (RDCIS), centre for Engineering in Ranchi, Jharkand.
- SAIL traces its origin to the Hindustan Steel Limited (HSL) which was set up on 19 January 1954. HSL was initially designed to manage only one plant that was coming up at Rourkela.
- For Bhilai and Durgapur Steel Plants, the preliminary work was done by the Iron and Steel Ministry. From April 1957, the supervision and control of these two steel plants were also transferred to Hindustan Steel. The registered office was originally in New Delhi. It moved to Calcutta in July 1956, and ultimately to Ranchi in December 1959.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form