Last Date:05 September,2019
Meghalaya PSC aka Meghalaya Public Service Commission invites Sarkari Job Application for the post of 17 Meghalaya Police Service 2019 Vacancy 2019. Meghalaya PSC Recruitment Qualification/eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official website is www.mpsc.nic.in
Name of the post – Meghalaya Police Service 2019
No of post – 17
Pay Scale – Level-15
Graduate from any recognized University.
General Instruction:employment news
- Applicants are advised to apply well in advance without waiting for the closing date.
- Candidate must appear for Written Test/Interview at his/her own expenses.
- Admission at all stages of the recruitment process for which the candidates are admitted by the Commission will be purely provisional and is subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If, on verification at any stage of the recruitment process, it is found that applicants/candidates do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions,their candidature for the post will automatically be cancelled by the Commission without notice.
- Syllabus (Combined MCS & MPS) 2006 can be downloaded from the MPSC website viz www.mpsc.nic.in.
- Only preliminary scrutiny of the applications and other aspects will be undertaken before proceeding to the next stage of the recruitment and therefore, the acceptance of candidature will only be provisional.Candidates are advised to carefully go through the eligibility criteria prescribed for each post such as educational qualification, age, physical standards etc. and satisfy themselves that they are eligible for the posts, before applying. After such scrutiny a “Proposed Rejection/ Ineligibility List” shall be published and hosted in theCommission’s website as well as in the Notice Board of the M.P.S.C Office/Cells. A candidate is allowed 15 days time to file representation against such proposed Rejection. Original Certificates will be sought only from those candidates who qualify for the Personal Interview. If a candidate does not furnish the original
certificates to substantiate his educational qualification his/her candidature will be cancelled and the Commission’s decision in this regard shall be final. Candidates who have also not fulfill the requisite qualification as on the last date of receipt of application will not be eligible to apply for the post.
- This shall be mandatory in respect of recruitments to posts where the Service Rules has specifically prescribed the conduct of such examinations. In such cases, the subjects, syllabus, total marks and pattern of examination shall be as notified by the concerned Government Department under such Rules.
- This shall be applied /conducted by the Commission in respect of all recruitments to those posts where the method of selection/Syllabus has not been prescribed by the Service Rules. The objective of the test is to shortlist the number of eligible candidates in recruitments where the number of candidates is disproportionately large compared to the available vacancies.
- This shall be applied/conducted by the Commission in respect of all recruitments to those posts where the method of Skill Test has not been prescribed by the Service Rules.
- The Commission may, at its discretion, decide to hold Preliminary Test in those categories of recruitment where the number of candidates are disproportionately large compared to the notified vacancies or may hold the Preliminary Test as per requirement in the syllabus provided by the Department concerned.
- On the result of such Screening Test/ Screening Practical Test/ Written Examination, the Commission shall call such number of candidates as it may think appropriate to appear for the Personal Interviews. The principle/policy followed is as per decision made by the Commission on 28th July, 2017 with variation from 1:10 to 1:2.5 depending on the number of posts advertised.
- On the basis of such Preliminary Tests, the number of candidates who shall be called to appear for the Main Examination shall not be more than 10(ten) times the number of vacancies declared.
- Only candidates who have produced all the required documents in original relating to their educational qualification, date of birth, caste, community and other certificates wherever required and prescribed by Rules will be deemed qualified to be called for Personal Interview.
- For payment using State Bank of India’s Net – banking,please select e-payment and select State Bank of India in the Meghalaya ePayment Portal page.
- For payment using Debit/ATM/Credits Cards or Net Banking of other banks, please select SBI e- Pay Payment Gateway and click Proceed for Payment.
- Candidates may also opt for Cash Payment at any of the branches of SBI. For cash payment, please select Payment across Bank Counter. Fill in the required details, an eChallan will be generated. Take a printout of the e-Challan and make the required payment at any branch of SBI. Please note that you need NOT submit the e-Challan to MPSC.
- Kindly note that an additional amount in the form of Bank’s commission may be applicable depending upon the mode of payment. The amount once deposited shall not be refunded or adjusted against any other purpose.
- In case of any problem being faced in the processing of the online application, applicants can contact the Office of the Meghalaya Public Service Commission directly in person or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org along with their phone numbers.
- According to Article.315 of the Constitution of India, there shall be a Public Service Commission for each State. With the formation of the State of Meghalaya in 1971, the Meghalaya Public Service Commission came into existence on September 14th 1972. Below are the eminent personalities who adorned the Chairmanship and Membership of the first Commission.
- The first Office of the Commission was housed in the building of the Public works Department of Lower Lachumiere, Shillong -793001.
- Owing to increase in the works load and staff members of the Commission the premises in the building of the Public work Department were found to be insufficient and very inconvenient. The Commission office was therefore shifted to the 1st floor of the House Shoe Building, Lower Lachumiere, Shillong-793001 in may, 1993.
- It shall be the duty of the Union and the State Public Service Commissions to conduct examinations for appointments to the services of the Union and the services of the State respectively.
- It shall also be the duty of the Union Public Service Commission, if requested by any two or more States so to do, to assist those States in framing and operating schemes of joint recruitment for any services for which candidates possessing special qualifications are required.
- On all matters relating to methods of recruitment to civil services and for civil posts.
- On the principles to be followed in making appointments to civil services and posts and in making promotions and transfers from one service to another and on the suitability of candidates for such appointments, promotions or transfers.
- On all disciplinary matters affecting a person serving under the Government of India or the Government of a State in a civil capacity, including memorials or petitions relating to such matters.
- On any claim by or in respect of a person who is serving or has served under the Government of India or the Government of a State or under the Crown in India or under the Government of an Indian State, in a civil capacity, that any costs incurred by him in defending legal proceedings instituted against him in respect of acts done or purporting to be done in the execution of his duty should be paid out of the Consolidated Fund of India, or, as the case may be, out of the Consolidated Fund of the State.
- On any claim for the award of a pension in respect of injuries sustained by a person while serving under the Government of India or the Government of a State.
- Nothing in clause (3) shall require a Public Service Commission to be consulted as respects the manner in which any provision referred to in clause (4) of article 16 may be made or as respects the manner in which effect may be given to the provisions of article 335.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form