Last Date:20 Aug,2019
Border Roads Organisation (BRO)
BRO General Reserve Engineer Force (GREF) invites applications from motivated, result oriented candidates for 337 posts of Multi Skilled Worker, Draughtsman and Various.Interested and willing candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria may submit their applications neatly typed on plain paper as per given format to the mentioned venue so that it reaches with in 45 days of notification (i.e before 20-08-2019) .
Name of the post – Multi Skilled Worker, Draughtsman and Various
No of post – 337
Pay Scale – Rs 29200,Rs 25500,Rs 21700,Rs 19900,Rs 18000
10th,12th,Degree and Possessing certificate in Material Management or Inventory Control or Stores Keeping OR 2 years experience.
General Instruction:faculty opening
- Only Male candidates need to apply. Female candidates need not to apply.
- A candidate must be either:-(i) a citizen of India, OR (ii) a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- Centre for Physical Efficiency Test & Practical Test (Trade Test) – GREF Centre, Dighi Camp, Alandi Road, Pune – 411015.
- All applications quoting the Advertisement No, date and post applied for should be submitted to Commandant, GREF CENTRE, Dighi Camp,Pune – 411 015 through Registered post alongwith acknowledgment.
- Candidate must ensure that they fulfill the entire requirement such as physical standards, Medical standards, educational / technical criteria, experience, age and other requisite essential criteria for particular post before filling the application form.
- The candidates should have the requisite educational/technical qualifications and other requisite essential eligibility criteria for specified trade
from recognized university/institute for Central Govt. jobs AS ON THE CLOSING DATE OF SUBMISSION OF THE APPLICATION. Those awaiting results of the final examination need not apply. Commandant, GREF Centre may reject the candidature of the candidates at any stage of recruitment process in case the candidate is not fulfilling the requisite criteria and if appointed, such candidates are liable to be terminated/ removed from service summarily.
- Candidate should submit the application in prescribed format only and must sign at the prescribed places. Application should be on good quality A4 size bond (75 GSM) paper using one side only. News Paper cutting should not be used as application. The candidates purchasing printed applications from the market should ensure that it confirms to the prescribed format published in the Employment News. The candidates can also make photocopy of the application format as given in the Employment News/Rozgar Samachar and then fill up the details. They can also download the application format from the website of www.bro.gov.in. The candidates should send their application well in advance before the closing date. Commandant GREF CENTRE will not be responsible for any postal delay/wrong delivery of the application etc.
- Candidates should note that only the date of birth as recorded in the 10 th Class/High School examination certificates as on the date of submission
of applications will only be accepted. MARK SHEETS IN PLACE OF CERTIFICATES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AS PROOF OF DATE OF BIRTH.
- Serving defence personnel likely to be released from service within one year from the closing date can also apply against Ex-servicemen vacancies.
- Call letters for Physical Efficiency Test and Practical Test (Trade Test) are being sent to candidates by ordinary post and the same can also be seen on BRO web site www.bro.gov.in. Commandant, GREF Centre will not be responsible for any postal delay/wrong delivery of call letters. Issuing of call letters are provisional subject to being found eligible in all respect. Results of qualified candidates for appearing in Written Test along with date of Written Test & venue will be displayed in the website of www.bro.gov.in.
- Candidates will be provisionally selected based on Combined Merit List in Written Test only and will have to undergo Medical Examination. Those candidates who have been declared FIT in Medical Examination and meeting all criteria, will have to undergo training at GREF Centre, Pune for specified period.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC & EWSs who have applied for any trade in their respective categories must not apply separately against UR vacancies since at the time of preparing Combined Merit List their names will be automatically upgraded in UR category if they meet cut off marks of UR category and fulfill other UR category criteria.
- SC/ST/OBC & EWSs candidates who fulfill required educational qualification / technical qualification under UR category can also apply against UR vacancies, in case no vacancies exist in their respective category against this advertisement. However, no relaxation in age and application fees would be permissible to them.
- Any subsequent changes in the terms and conditions of this Advertisement as per extent rules will stand good. Commandant, GREF
Centre reserves the right to consider/incorporate any subsequent changes/modifications/additions in the terms and conditions of recruitment under this Advertisement if necessitated and applicable.
- Vacancies are liable to increase/decrease/cancelled without any further notice.
- All candidates will undergo Physical Efficiency Test & Practical Test (Trade Test) in order to qualify for Written Test as mentioned at Appendix ‘A’.
- Passing of Physical Efficiency Test is mandatory for all trades. Physically handicapped candidates, Ex-servicemen and departmental candidates applying for re-appointment are exempted from undergoing Physical Efficiency Test.
- In order to qualify for Written Test, candidates should qualify in Physical Efficiency Test and Practical Test (Trade Test) wherever applicable. However, no weightage of marks of this Physical Efficiency Test & Practical Test will be given towards final selection of candidates.
- Written test will be Objective / Subjective in nature and will be bilingual (Hindi & English). Objective part will be OMR based, whereas subjective part has to be answered in the answer sheet. Marks obtained in the Written Test will only be considered for selection of candidates for further recruitment process.
- If large number of candidates apply for a particular post against this Advertisement, a cut off percentage in essential qualifications will be fixed for issue of call letter. The same will be decided by the Competent authority.
- If sufficient candidates do not apply for any post against this Advertisement, further recruitment process for that particular post shall liable to be cancelled.
- The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) develops and maintains road networks in India’s border areas and friendly neighboring countries. Officers from the Border Roads Engineering Service (BRES) and personnel from the General Reserve Engineer Force (GREF) form the parent cadre of the Border Roads Organisation. It is also staffed by officers and troops drawn from the Indian Army’s Corps of Engineers on extra regimental employment (on Deputation). Currently, the organisation maintains operations in twenty-one states, one UT (Andaman and Nicobar Islands), and neighboring countries such as Afghanistan, Bhutan, Myanmar, and Sri Lanka. The BRO operates and maintains over 32,885 kilometers of roads and about 12,200 meters of permanent bridges in the country. Presently, BRO is also involved in the construction of a tunnel at the Rohtang pass which is estimated to be ready by 2019.
- The BRO operates in 18 Projects namely: Arunank, Beacon, Brahmank, Chetak, Deepak, Dantak, Himank, Hirak, Pushpak, Sampark, Setuk, Sewak, Shivalik, Swastik, Udayak, Vartak, Vijayak and sela tunnel.
- The BRO was formed on 7 May 1960 to secure India’s borders and develop infrastructure in remote areas of the north and north-east states of the country. In order to ensure coordination and expeditious execution of projects, the Government of India set up the Border Roads Development Board (BRDB) with the Prime Minister as Chairman of the Board and Defence Minister as Deputy Chairman. Today, the board exercises the financial and other powers of a Department of Government of India and is chaired by the Raksha Rajya Mantri (RRM). Among others, Chief(s) of Army and Air Staff, Engineer-in-Chief, DGBR, FA(DS) are members of the BRDB. The Secretary of the Board exercises the powers of Joint Secretary to the Government of India. The executive head of the BRO is the DGBR who holds the rank of Lieutenant General.In a bid§ to boost border connectivity, the Border Roads Organisation has been entirely brought under the Ministry of Defence. Earlier it received funds from the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways. § (After Lok Sabha Election 2014, BJP lead NDA formed the Govt. of India under the leadership of honourable Prime Minister Sh. Narender Modi. Mr. Nitin Gadkari ji was deputed as Minister of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MORTH). Immediately after joining as Minister, he disband the BRO and declared people of Border Roads organisation as surplus who were constructing, maintaining and taming the far flung national highways of MORTH disregarding the work done by BRO who sacrificed many lives to construct and develop above national highways. This act of minister disrespected the spirit of the soldiers of GREF/Armed Forces as GREF is an integral part of the Armed Forces within meaning of Article 33 of The Constitution of India and members of GREF are also members of the Armed Forces After subsequent discussions with GOM, the Late Mr. Manohar Parrikar than Defence Minister of Govt. of India brought BRO under his ministry due to strategic reasons.
- The BRO consists of Border Roads Wing under the Ministry of Defense and the General Reserve Engineer Force (GREF). Officers are selected through the Indian Engineering Services (IES) Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Few officers are also deputed from Indian Army Corps of Engineers, who are posted to GREF on ERE. The GREF includes Civil Engineers, Mechanical engineers, Administrative officers and Medical officers. The Border Roads Engineering Service (BRES) officers are governed by Central Civil Services (CCS/ CCA) Rules, 1965. They also subjected to all provisions of The Army Act, 1950 and Army Rules, 1954 except a few exceptions as given in SRO 329 and SRO 330 both 23 Sep 1960 . GREF is an integral part of the Armed Forces within meaning of Article 33 of The Constitution of India and members of GREF are also members of the Armed Forces as declared by Hon’ble Supreme Court in respect of R Viswan V/S Union of India 1983 and authorized for all benefits which are applicable to Armed Forces of India.
click above to download
the employment notification