Last Date:12 September,2019
Advt No : 04 of 2019-20
Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC)
OPSC aka Odisha Public Service Commission invites Sarkari Job applications for the post of 12 Assistant Town Planner Vacancy 2019. OPSC Recruitment Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official Website is www.opsc.gov.in
Name of the post – Assistant Town Planner
No of post – 12
Pay Scale – 15600 – 39100/-
Bachelor Degree in Planning or Post Graduate Degree in Planning form recognized University.
General Information:government doctor jobs
- Applications are invited online through the Proforma Application form to be made available on the WEBSITE (littp://opseonline.govin) from 13.08.2019 to 12.09.2019 (Note: 17.09.2019 is the last date for payment of application fee) for recruitment to 12(Twelve) posts of Assistant Town Planner – Group-A of Odisha Municipal Planning Service under Housing and Urban Development Department in the scale of pay of Rs.15600-39100/- carrying Grade Pay of Rs.5400/- (in pre-revised scale) with usual Dearness and other Allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time.
- Exchange of reservation between Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe will not be considered.
- In case of non-availability or availability of insufficient number of eligible/suitable
women candidates belonging to the respective category, the vacancies of that category shall be filled up by eligible suitable male candidate(s) of the same category.
- The number of vacancies to be filled up on the basis of this recruitment is subject to change by Government without notice, depending upon the exigencies of public service at the discretion of the State Government.
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 (twenty-one) years and must not be above the age of 32 (thirty two) years as on the 1st day of January, 2019 i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2″ January, 1987 and not later than 1st January, 1998.
- The upper age limit prescribed above shall be relaxable by 5(five) years for candidates belonging to the categories of Scheduled Caste (S.C.), Scheduled Tribe (S.T.), Socially & Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC), Women, Ex-servicemen and by cumulative 10(Ten) years for Persons With Disabilities, whose disability is not less than 40%.
- Provided that, a candidate who comes under more than one category mentioned above, he/she will be eligible for only one age relaxation benefit, which shall be considered most beneficial to him/her.
- SAVE AS PROVIDED ABOVE THE AGE LIMITS PRESCRIBED CAN IN NO CASE BE RELAXED.
- Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent certificate issued by the concerned Board/Council will only be accepted by the Commission.
- A candidate must be an Associate Member of Institute of Town Planners (India) or have Bachelor’s Degree in Planning or Post Graduate Degree in Planning, from a recognized University.
- A candidate is required to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable fee of Rs.500/-(Rupees five hundred) only. Candidate belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe of Odisba and Persons With Disability (whose disability is not less than 40%) are exempted from payment of this fee.
- The candidates are required to take a printout of finally submitted Online Application Form for future use and take a printout of Online Challan (Pay-in-Slip) for payment of requisite fee at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI). The fee(s) paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee(s) be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment.
- The candidate must be of good mental condition, bodily health and free from any physical
defect that is likely to interfere with the discharge of his duties in the service and the candidate, who after such medical examination is not found to satisfy these requirements, shall not be appointed to the service.
- A candidate, who has more than one spouse living, will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his/her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons;
- If a candidate has at any time, been debarred for a certain period/chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any examination/interview, he/she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period/chance(s);
- Government servants, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age-limit as provided under Para-3&4 of the Advertisement. They must inform their respective Heads of Offices in writing regarding submission of their applications for this recruitment and obtain “No Objection Certificate”.
- A candidate who claims change in his/her name after having passed the High School Certificate Examination or equivalent examination, is required to furnish copy of publication of the changed name in local leading daily news paper as well as copy of notification in the Odisha Gazette in support of his/her change of name.
- Every candidate selected for appointment shall be examined by the Medical Board as prescribed by the Government. A candidate, who fails to satisfy the Medical Board, shall not be appointed;
- Only those candidates, who fulfil the requisite qualification and within the prescribed
age limit etc. by the closing date of filling up online application, will be considered eligible.
- A candidate found guilty of seeking support for his/her candidature by offering illegal gratification or applying pressure on any person connected with the conduct of the recruitment process or found indulging in any type of malpractice in course of the selection or otherwise, shall, in addition to rendering himself/herself liable to criminal prosecution, be disqualified not only for the recruitment for which he/she is a candidate, but also may be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period, from any recruitment or selection to be conducted by the Commission.
- Admission to Written Examination/Viva Voce test will be provisional. If on verification at any stage before or after Examination / Viva Voce test, it is found that a candidate does not fulfill all the eligibility conditions or has furnished incorrect information/data, his/her candidature will be liable to rejection. Decision of the Commission in regard to eligibility or otherwise of candidate shall be final.
- Recommendations of the Royal Commission on superior services in India, 1924, referred to in short, as the Lee Commission, and now they find place in the Constitution of India in Articles 315 to 323. The Odisha Public Service Commission was constituted on 1st April, 1949 after it’s bifurcation from the former Bihar and Odisha Joint Public Service Commission. At the time of creation of the Odisha Public Service Commission the strength of the Commission was three including Chairman . The strength increased to five in the year 1979 and further increased to six in the year 1996.
- The Commission has acquired varied experiences and expertise in the matter of selection of personnel to various services of the Government of Odisha during its functioning for more than five decades. It has also gone a long way in achieving the purpose of drawing the best personnel for the public services of Odisha.
- Advice on the framing of recruitment rules and its amendments with regard to the recruitment and conditions of service of Group ‘B’ posts/services carrying scale of pay of Rs. 6500-200-10,500/- and above and Group ‘A’ posts/services.
- Advice on punishment proposed by the disciplinary authority in finalisation of departmental proceedindgs under the Odisha Civil Services (Classification, Control & Appeal) Rules, 1962 read with Rule 7 of the Odisha Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1992.
Advice on matters relating to promotion of officers and fixation of inter seniority etc., with regard to officers of Group ‘B’ carrying pay scale of Rs. 6500-200-10,500/- and above and all Group ‘A’ officers.
- Recruitment of candidates to different posts/services belonging to Group ‘B’ and above under the State Government.
- The Commision after due deliberation constitute the Interview Boards which are required to make the selection with the assistance of the Experts from the concerned subjects. The concerned administrative departments are requested to depute their representative to be present in the Interview Board.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form