FOR THIS OPENING LAST DATE OVER ! BUT STILL
YOU CAN SUBMIT YOUR RESUME HERE. --< REGISTER NOW
Library & Information Assistant, Junior Stenographer,Library & Information Assistant (Braille Proof Reader), Lower Division Clerk, Jobs & Vacancy in Others at Delhi Public Library, Delhi May 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Delhi Public Library, an autonomous body under the Ministry of Culture, Government of India invites application(s) from interested and eligible individuals fulfilling the requisite qualifications etc. as specified below;
1. Name of Post : Library & Information Assistant : 2
(i) Degree of a recognized University or equivalent
(ii) Degree in Library Science from a recognized University/Institute or equivalent.
(i) Professional experience in Public Library system
(ii) Experience in computer application
2. Name of Post : Library & Information Assistant (Tech. Braille) : 2
(i) Degree of a recognized University or Institution
(ii) Knowledge of Bharti and English Braille from as evidenced by test
(i) Degree in Library Science from a recognized University/Institute or equivalent
(ii) Professional experience in the line
3. Name of Post : Library & Information Assistant (Braille Proof Reader) : 2
(i) Degree of a recognized University or Institution
(ii) Certificate (Grade-II) in Braille System both in Bharti and English Braille from a recognized Institution
(iii) 3 Years’ experience in Braille proof reading in an Office or Institution.
Degree in Library Science from a recognized University/Institution
4. Name of Post : Junior Stenographer : 2
(i) 12th Class pass or equivalent from a recognized Board or University
(ii) Skill test Norms – Dictation : 10 minutes @ 80 w.p.m. Transciption: 65 minutes (English) / 75 minutes (Hindi) on manual Typewriter, OR 50 minutes (English) / 65 minutes (Hindi) on computer
Experience of working as a Stenographer in a Central Govt./State Govt department/ Autonomous Bodies/PSUs.
5. Name of Post : Library Clerk : 15
(i) Matriculation or equivalent from a recognized Board or Institution
(ii) Certificate in Library Science from a recognized Institution.
6. Name of Post : Lower Division Clerk (Ty) : 4
(i) 12th Class pass from a recognized Board or Institution;
(ii) A typing speed of 30 w.p.m. in English or 25 w.p.m. in Hindi on manual typewriter
OR a typing speed of 35 w.p.m. in English or 30 w.p.m. in Hindi on Computer Desirable- Graduate
7. Name of Post : Motor Driver : 4
(i) 8th Class pass
(ii) Must be possessing valid Driving Licence for Light/Heavy Motor Vehicles
(iii) 3 years’ experience of driving Light / Heavy Motor Vehicles.
8. Name of Post : Junior Library Attendant (JLA) : 5
10th Class pass Desirable- Training in ‘Basic’ and ‘Refresher’ Courses in Home Guards/Civil Defence with 3 years’ service as Home Guard/Civil Defence Volunteers.
Pay scale(s) :
For posts at S. Nos. 1 to 3 PB-2) Rs. 9300-34800+Grade Pay Rs.4200
For posts at S. No. 4 : (PB-1) Rs. 5200-20200+Grade Pay Rs.2400
For posts at S. Nos. 5 to 7 : (PB-1) Rs. 5200-20200+Grade Pay Rs.1900
For posts at S. No. 8 : (PB-1) Rs. 5200-20200+Grade Pay Rs.1800
Probation Period : Selected candidates shall be placed on a Probation period of 2 years from the date of their joining the post
Age : 18-30 years
Fee : Application fee of Rs. 50/- (non-refundable) through crossed Indian Postal Order or Bank Draft from any nationalized bank drawn in favour of the Secretary, Delhi Library Board payable at Delhi.
How to Apply :Duly filled prescribed application form along with copies educational/experience/caste etc. certificates (attested / self-attested) should reachDeputy Director (Admn),Delhi Public Library,SP Mukherjee Marg,Opp. Old Delhi Railway Station,Delhi
1. Prescribed application form can be downloaded from the DPL website.
2. Upper age limit will be calculated on the closing date of applications. Relaxation in age limit for reserved categories viz. SC/ST/OBC/PWD/XSM and other specified categories of persons as per the Rules and guidelines laid down by Government of India
3. Upper age limit prescribed for direct recruits shall also be Relaxable up to a maximum of 40 years of age for serving employees under the Government
Departments/Autonomous bodies/Departmental candidates etc.
4. Candidates serving in Govt./Autonomous Bodies/PSUs etc. are required to send their applications through proper channel.
5. Application may be filled up either in English or Hindi.
6. Application should be accompanied with an application fee of Rs. 50/- (non-refundable) through crossed Indian Postal Order or Bank Draft from any nationalized bank drawn in favour of the Secretary, Delhi Library Board payable at Delhi. SC/ST/XSM/PWD candidates are exempted from the application fee.
7. The candidates seeking relaxation in fees must enclose copy of their Caste certificate/Discharge certificate/Certificate of disability issued by competent authorities.
8. Separate application form should be submitted if any candidate intends to apply for more than one post together with requisite fee and other relevant enclosures attached.
9. The qualification and experience prescribed for the above posts are minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle any candidate to be called for Interview. Where number of the applications received for the above posts will be large and where it will not be convenient or possible for DPL to call all the eligible candidates, the number of candidates may be restricted to be called for Interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than as prescribed or a written test conducted.
10. Applications not received in the prescribed format or incomplete (including documents not attached) may be rejected without assigning any reasons
Tentative Last Date:25-06-2012
About the organization:
The DPL provides free library service in the NCT of Delhi. Membership is open to all persons residing in NCT of Delhi. Library membership is free and no subscription is charged for the use of library services.To become a member of DPL all you need to do is to visit the nearest branch of DPL and to fill the Membership Application Form available at the membership registration counter on payment of Rs.2/=. On one side you are required to fill the details and on the other side signatures of your parent/guardian are required if you are below 18 years.
Delhi Public Library
SP Mukherjee Marg,
Opp. Old Delhi Railway Station,
Click above to download
the vacancy details