Last Date:04 November,2019
Advt. No. : 411002/1/2019-Estt
Indian School of Mines (ISM)
ISM aka Indian School of Mines invites Sarkari Job applications for the post of 85 Junior Assistant & Assistant Registrar. Apply Online before 03 November 2019. ISM Recruitment Qualification/eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official website is www.iitism.ac.in
Name of the post – Junior Assistant & Assistant Registrar
No of post – 85
Pay Scale – Level-3, 10, 12
Graduate, Post Graduate.
General Instruction:government jobs
- Age relaxation for SC, ST, OBC and Divyang candidates against reserved posts shall be admissible as per Government of India Norms.
- In the case of candidates who have served the Institute or other IITs/NITs/CFTIs etc. for at least three years on a regular post, the maximum age limit may be relaxed by 5 years. (No age relaxation for the employees from private organisations shall be admissible under this clause)
- Age relaxation as per GoI norms shall also be admissible to the regular employees of Central/State Governments; Ex-Servicemen etc.
- The Institute reservesits right to place a reasonable limit on the total number of candidatesto be called for selection process.
- Fulfillment of qualifications per-se does not entitle a candidate to be called for selection process.
- The Institute reserves the right not to fill up the posts, cancel the Advt. in whole or in part without assigning any reason and its decision in this regard shall be final.
- The SC/ST/ OBCs-NCL are required to attach a copy of the Caste Certificate with the application in the format prescribed by the Govt. of India [A copy of the same certificate shall be collected before the interview (wherever applicable), failing which the candidate concerned may not be allowed for his/ her personal interview.
- OBCs-NCL certificate issued only after 31.03.2019 will be considered.
- The Institute follows the reservation norms as per GOI rules for SC/ ST/ OBC/EWS and Divyangs. Central Govt. approved list of SC, ST and OBC categories is applicable at IIT (ISM), Dhanbad.
- The closing date for submission of application shall be considered the cut-off date for age, educational qualification and experience etc.
- The Institute reserves the right to assign/ transfer the selected candidates to any section/department within the Institute and appointments will be offered accordingly.
- The Institute reserves the right to relax experience in the case of candidates serving in Government Departments/ IITs/ NITs/ Central Autonomous Bodies in analogous positions.
- Higher initial basic pay may be given to exceptionally qualified and deserving candidate(s).
- No TA will be paid for written/Computer/skill tests.
- The candidates recommended for interview for the posts of Assistant Registrar and Deputy Registrar will be paid for the train journey by AC-III Tier and AC-II Tier respectively by the shortest direct route on submission of claim and tickets.
- SC/ST/Divyang/Ex-Service men eligible for reservation and Female candidates are exempted from payment of recruitment fee.
- Applications are to be submitted online through application module available on the Institute’s website www.iitism.ac.in under the head “Recruitment” and the requisite documents (Photograph/ Receipt of fee payment/Degrees/mark sheets/experience certificate/category certificate etc.) should be uploaded in pdf format. Printout of the duly submitted application form with all attachments is also required to be submitted to the Registrar*, Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad, Dhanbad – 826 004 (Jharkhand) before the scheduled date and time.
- The Indian National Congress at its XVII Session of December 1901 passed a resolution stating that “in view of the fact that the tendency of recent legislation namely, The Indian Mines Act VII of 1901, is that all Indian mines must be kept under the supervision of mining experts, the Congress is of opinion that a Government College of Mining Engineering be established in some suitable place in India on the models of the Royal School of Mines in England, Mining Colleges of Japan and at other places in the continent”. The McPherson Committee formed by Govt. of India, recommended the establishment of an institution for imparting education in the fields of Mining and Geology, whose report, submitted in 1920, formed the main basis for establishment of the Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad.
- The Indian School of Mines was formally opened on 9th December 1926, by Lord Irwin, the then Viceroy of India to address the need for trained manpower related to mining activities in the country with disciplines of Mining and Applied Geology. In 1967 it was granted the status of a deemed to be university under Section 3 of UGC Act, 1956. Since its establishment, IIT(ISM) has undergone considerable expansion of its activities, and presently it can be considered as a total technology education institute.
- The Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines) constituted under Institute of Technology Act, 1961 is administered through IIT Council-the apex body, Government of India under the Chairmanship of Honourable Minister, MoHRD for uniform and smooth governance of Pan-IIT in our country.
- To be a nationally and internationally acclaimed premier institution of higher technical and scientific education with social commitment having an ethos for intellectual excellence, where initiative is nurtured, where new ideas, research and scholarship flourish, where intellectual honesty is the norm and from which will emerge the leaders and innovators of tomorrow in the realm of technology.
- Situated in the heart of the country’s prime coking coal belt, 260 kms from Kolkata with a campus spread over an area of 393 acres, (with 218 acres of existing campus and 175 acres under acquisition and development) the fully residential IIT(ISM) has all the facilities of world class academic institute. What started as an institution to impart mining education has graduated into a full-fledged technical institution of international acclaim offering a host of programmes like B. Tech., M. Tech., M. Sc. Tech., and MBA.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form