Last Date:15 Sep,2019
Institute of Life Sciences (ILS)
ILS Bhubaneswar will fill up 2 contractual posts of Scientist D from eligible candidates and applications are invited from Interested Candidates so that it reaches by 15-09-2019 along with documents related to age, qualification and experience.
Name of the post – Scientist D
No of post – 02
Pay Scale – Level – 12 (Rs. 78800- 209200)
1 st class M.Sc. or equivalent with at least 9 years research experience or Ph.D. with at least 5 years research experience in the relevant subject.
General Conditions:employment news
- Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), Bhubaneswar is a leading national institute in India and is a multidisciplinary institute engaged in advanced research in area of Infectious Disease Biology, Cancer Biology, Genetic & Autoimmune Diseases, and Plant & Microbial Biotechnology.
- Relaxations and concessions will be in accordance with the ILS Rules and Regulations. Relaxation in age, educational qualifications and/or experience will be considered in case of persons already holding analogous positions in Government Scientific Organizations/Research Institutions.
- Merely fulfilling the requirements in the advertisement will not automatically entitle any candidate to be called for interview. The applicationsreceived will be scrutinized and candidates who in the opinion of the institute are likely to be suitable will be shortlisted for calling for interview. The decision of the institute in all these matters will be final. No interim enquiries/ correspondence/ communication of any sort will be entertained in the matter.
- The Screening and Selection Committee will make appropriate decisions on quality and impact of the publications and patents in relation to the overall application, research areas and needs of the institute. The decision of the institute in all these matters will be final. No interim enquiries/ correspondence/communication of any sort will be entertained in the matter.
- Persons working under the Central Government/Central Government Autonomous Bodiesshall submit their applications through proper channel. They may, however, send an advance copy of the application along with enclosures as required. Those who are unable to forward their application through proper channel may submit NOC from their employer at the time of selection interview, if shortlisted. Without this NOC, the applicant will not be allowed to attend the selection interview.
- Canvassing in any manner would entail disqualification of the candidature.
- Incomplete applications or applications without copies of certificates or applications received after the last date will be rejected.
- Eligible & interested scientists are requested submit their applications, in the prescribed format available on ILS website along with proposed research plan (2 pages) and an application fee of
Rs.500/- in shape of Demand Draft drawn in favour of Director, Institute of Life Sciences, Nalco Square, Bhubaneswar 751023. Applicants working in any Government (Central/State), PSU,autonomous, public sector Institutions within India are requested to have their applications forwarded through proper channels. The Institute reserves the right to withdraw any/all the advertised post/s at any time without assigning any reason. The last date of receiving complete application is 15 days of publication of the advertisement in employment News. Applications received after due date will not be considered.
- Institute of Life Sciences (ILS) was established in the year 1989 as an autonomous institute under the administrative control of Govt. of Odisha. In 2002, it was taken over by the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India. The Prime Minister of India Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee dedicated the institute to the nation in July 2003.
- Institute of Life Sciences has a broad vision of carrying out high-quality multidisciplinary research in the area of life sciences. The goal is for overall development and betterment of human health, longevity, agriculture and environment. The stated mission of the institution is to work towards upliftment of the human society and generate skilled human resources for future India. These are achieved by undertaking cutting-edge research using state-of-the-art technologies in the fields of vector-borne diseases such as malaria and filaria, viral infections, cancer biology, allergy and auto-immune disorders, genetic disorders, and agricultural productivity. Towards this, the institute has established necessary infrastructure, including research facilities, genomics and proteomics platforms, flow cytometry, imaging facilities, animal house, green-house, plant tissue culture and zebrafish facilities and high performance computing facility etc. with financial support from the Dept. of Biotechnology, Govt. of India.
- The institute has been highly successful in recruiting faculties with high level of competence in research in fields like cell biology, gene function and regulation, structural biology, immunology, immuno-genomics, auto-immune diseases, plant immunity, plant biotechnology, environmental biotechnology, microbial biotechnology, developmental biology, nano-technology and nano-medicine, computational biology and bioinformatics. Recruitment of 26 highly skilled faculties, about 80% of them with considerable expertise in relevant fields and with practical experience gained from internationally reputed research laboratories outside India, has added vibrancy and vitality to the institute’s research mandate. Nearly 50% of the faculties have been appointed in the last 5 years.
- Although the institute has hired faculties from diverse fields, they have quickly amalgamated to form well focused and multidisciplinary research programmes. They have developed synergistic programs, through continuous discussions, peer mentoring and have established collaborations internally and outside the institute, thus placing the institute at highly advantageous position in terms of fulfilling its mandate. The institute has set-up an extension centre at the Ispat General Hospital, Rourkela to promote and facilitate research on infectious diseases. The institute has initiated and is particularly committed to developing Bhubaneswar-Cuttack cluster model for collaborative research involving neighbouring research organizations like NISER, IIT, AIIMS, NRRI, KIIT, RPRC and others.
- The faculties of the institute are recognized as Ph.D. guides by Utkal, Manipal and KIIT University for awarding the Ph.D. degree. The world-class faculty and state-of–the-art facilities at ILS have attracted the bright and committed students to the institute which currently has about 100 Ph.D. students and a large number of post-doctoral fellows, fast track as well as women scientists. The institute has a governance system where every faculty is treated as a vertical segment of the institute. The research focus at ILS has been categorized into four themes – infectious diseases, cancer biology, genetic and auto-immune diseases and plant & microbial biotechnology. ILS has grown dynamically with continuous addition of infrastructure including the new R&D building. The second campus of ILS containing faculty and staff houses, a new hostel and science outreach and communication centre.
click above to download
the employment notification