Teacher (Bengali/Hindi/Urdu), Jobs & Vacancy in Education at Kolkata Municipal Corporation , Kolkata Dec 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Applications are invited in the prescribed form on or before 31st December, 2012 (Monday up to 05.00 P.M.) from the Indian citizens (both men and women) for a Competitive Examination to be held in Kolkata for recruitment to the post of Teacher (Bengali/Hindi/Urdu) in the Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
Name of the post : Teacher (Bengali/Hindi/Urdu)
Pay : Pay Band-2. (Rs. 5,400/–25,200/- & Grade Pay Rs.2,600/-).
Age : Lower and upper age limits are 18 & 40 years as on 1st January 2012.
Teacher, KMC (Primary) School :
Minimum educational qualifications :
i) Higher Secondary pass under the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent with at least 50% marks and 2 years Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known);
ii) Higher Secondary pass under the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent with at least 45% marks and 2 years Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known), in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms & Procedure), Regulations, 2002; or
iii) Higher Secondary pass under the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent at least 50% marks and 4 years Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.);delhi sarkari naukri
iv) Higher Secondary pass under the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent with at least 50% marks and 2 years Diploma in Education (Special Education);
v) Graduation and two years Diploma in Elementary Education (By whatever name known).
Total post : 631
Tentative Vacancies :
Teacher (Bengali Medium) :
Main Panel : 288
Supplementary Panel : 144
Teacher (Hindi Medium) :
Main Panel : 71
Supplementary Panel : 35
Teacher (Urdu Medium for Male) :
Main Panel : 43
Supplementary Panel : 22
Teacher (Urdu Medium for Female) :
Main Panel : 19
Supplementary Panel : 09
Fee :An application fee : Rs.150/-
Processing charge : Rs.50/- shall be collected through all branches of United Bank of India and deposited to A/C No.0088050006323 vide challan specially designed and available at Commission’s website.
Method of Recruitment :
The recruitment examination will be held in two stages viz.,
(i) Preliminary Examination (Multiple choice, Objective Type),
(ii) Main Examination (Written – conventional type).
How to Apply :Original certificates have to be produced whenever asked for. Candidate should fill in the Application Form in his/her own handwriting. Incomplete Application or Application with defect in any respect or without requisite documents will be summarily rejected Application format & Bank Challan Form can be downloaded from the website.Completed application and required documents should be sent to MUNICIPAL SERVICE COMMISSION149, A.J.C. Bose Road,Kolkata-700 014
1. The persons having qualification of Higher Secondary pass under the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent with at least 50% marks
2. Any candidate seeking appointment to the post of Primary School Teacher shall have studied and passed in the specific language as the first or the second language
3. In case of the certificate issued by the authority other than the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education, the said certificate issuing authority should
4. All candidates must have studied and obtained Madhyamik (Secondary) Pass Certificate or equivalent with Mathematics and English as subjects.
5. An application fee of Rs.150=00 (Rupees One Hundred &Fifty) and processing charge of Rs.50/- (Rupees fifty) shall be collected through all branches of United Bank of India
6. The examination will consist of one paper of General Knowledge,Current Affairs, History, Geography, General Science and Mathematics (Madhyamik examination
7. The marks obtained by the candidates in the Preliminary Examination will not be counted for the purpose of determining the final merit list. Qualifying marks for such preliminary examination will be 50 (fifty) for general candidates,
8. The examination will consist of one paper on English-50 marks, Bengali/Hindi/ Urdu-50 marks and Mathematics-50 marks (all conventional type questions) with total marks of 150.Duration of the examination
9. Candidates shall be responsible for whatever information is submitted in the application. If any of the statements made by a candidate in the application form be subsequently found to be false or cannot be proved
10. A Candidate intending to sit for the examination shall submit his/her application in the prescribed form by post or in the box kept at Commission’s Office at the above mentioned address on any working day during office
Tentative Last Date :31-12-2012
About the organization:
Municipal Service Commission was first constituted under the Calcutta Municipal Corporation Act 1980, by a notification of the State Government dated 22nd March, 1984. Its predecessor however, was the Calcutta Municipal Service Commission which came into being with effect from January, 1954. This Commission therefore can be called an organisation with about 55 years of existence. Duties and functions of this Commission have emanated from the provisions of Sec. 19 of the Kolkata Municipal Corporation Act 1980 which reads as “Appointment to a Category A or a Category B post shall be made on the recommendation of the Municipal Service Commission”.Also relevant in this connection is the provision of Sub Sec.(5) of Section 21 of the said Act which stipulates that “No officer or employee of the Corporation appointed on the recommendation of the Municipal Service Commission shall be reduced in rank, removed or dismissed except after consultation with such Commission”. This Commission is constituted in terms of the provisions of Section 26 of the KMC Act 1980.
Kolkata Municipal Corporation
149, A.J.C. Bose Road,
Click above to download
the vacancy details