OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR GENERAL,
HIGH COURT OF KARNATAKA, BENGALURU.
NO. HCE 623/2006, Dated 29th March 2016
With a view to encourage brilliant and talented Law Graduates to join the legal profession and to give them exposure to various facets of litigation and branches of law and familiarity with Court procedures, the proposal for appointing Law Clerks-cum-Research Assistants in the High Court of Karnataka till 31.01.2017, (which is subject to extension), has been approved by the High Court and the Government.
RECRUITMENT TO THE POST OF â€œLAW CLERK â€“ CUM â€“ RESEARCH ASSISTANTSâ€
Job Detail :
1.Name of the Post : â€œLAW CLERK â€“ CUM â€“ RESEARCH ASSISTANTSâ€
Total No.of Vacancy : 29
Pay Scale : Honorarium of Rs. 15,000/- (Rupees Fifteen Thousand only).
Method of Selection :
A Committee of Honâ€™ble Judges constituted by Honâ€™ble the Chief Justice will select the candidates on the basis of academic record, achievements in co-curricular activities and performance in the interview. If there are large number of applicants, candidates will be short-listed for interview on the basis of academic record and achievements in co-curricular activities.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS :
1) The assignment will be from the date of appointment till 31.01.2017, which will be subject to extension. During the period of assignment the Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant will be paid a monthly honorarium of Rs. 15,000/- (Rupees Fifteen Thousand only).
2) The assignment as Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant is a full-time one and during the assignment, the Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant will not be entitled to practice as a Lawyer or to take up any other employment. He / she is liable to maintain confidentiality at all times.
3) After the conclusion of the assignment, the Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant attached to a particular Honâ€™ble Judge will not be entitled to appear before that Honâ€™ble Judge for a period of one year during the practice. He / she will not be entitled to appear in any case handled by the Honâ€™ble Judge to whom he/she was attached, regardless of whether he /she had worked on that case.
4) Only on satisfactory completion of the assignment, the Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant will be entitled to a Certificate to be issued by the High Court of Karnataka certifying that he / she has satisfactorily completed the assignment as Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant in the
5) High Court of Karnataka. The assignment as Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant will not confer any right or preference for any employment in the High Court or the Government.
HOW TO APPLY :
Applications along with the relevant self attested documents should reach the Registrar General, High Court of Karnataka, Bengaluru on or before 5.00 PM of 30th April, 2016. Applications received thereafter will not be considered. The cover containing the application shall be super scribed as:
â€œApplication for Appointment of Law Clerk â€“ cum â€“ Research Assistantsâ€
Last date for submission of application : 5.00 PM of 30th April, 2016.
click above to download
the employment notification