Last Date:17 Apr,2019
Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL)
KMRL aka Kochi Metro Rail Limited invites Application for the post of Deputy General Manager. Apply Online before 17 April 2019. KMRL Recruitment Qualification/eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official website is https://kochimetro.org
Name of the post – Deputy General Manager
No of post – 01
Pay Scale – Rs.70000-200000/-(IDA)
Graduate in any discipline.
General Conditions:psu jobs
- Experience and age criteria can be relaxed in case of otherwise exceptionally deserving candidates.
- The number of vacancies shown above is tentative and may undergo change.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview, which will be communicated through email only. KMRL reserves the right to shortlist the candidates.
- Applicants employed in Govt./Quasi Govt./ PSUs shall apply through proper channel, after forwarding the advance copy along with the application fee and shall produce a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer at the time of interview.
- Acceptance or rejection of application of the candidates will be the sole discretion of the Management. Incomplete applications are liable to be rejected.
- Applications of candidates attempting to influence or interfere with the selection process will be rejected summarily and he/she will be declared disqualified for future vacancies in KMRL.
- No TA/DA will be paid by KMRL to candidates for attending interview.
- Minimum 8 years of Post qualification experience in train operations or station management or OCC operations of a metro rail network out of which 4 years in executive/managerial cadre. Candidates working in PSU/Govt. Organizations should have minimum 1 year experience in immediate lower grade (E3).
- Experience should include a minimum of 5 years of working in a metro revenue running operations.
- Exposure to training delivery for metro rail staff is desirable
- In case of not getting a suitable candidate at the DGM level, candidates with similar experience of minimum 5 years out of which 3 years in executive/managerial cadre will be considered for Manager i.e. E3 rade(Rs.60000-180000/-)
- 45 Years for DGM/ (age relaxation applicable as per reservation rules).
How to Apply:
- Applicants should read the instructions in the website thoroughly before applying.
- Application form may be filled online by selecting the link in KMRL website. The scan copy of the supporting documents should be uploaded, failing which the application will be treated as incomplete.
- Applications forwarded through any other means including fax or e-mail will not be entertained.
- The application fee of Rs.500.00 should be paid online through the payment gateway of Kochi Metro Rail website. No other mode of payment will be entertained. This is nonrefundable under any circumstances.
- The last date of submission of on-line application is 17th April 2019.
- The Kochi Metro is a rapid transit system serving the city of Kochi in Kerala, India. It was opened to the public within four years of starting construction, making it the fastest completed metro project in India until the Lucknow Metro overtook it.The Kochi metro project is the first metro in the country which connects rail, road and water transport facilities.The first phase is being set up at an estimated cost of ₹51.81 billion (US$720 million).On October 2017, Kochi Metro was named the Best Urban Mobility Project in India by the Urban Development Ministry, as part of the Urban Mobility India (UMI) international conference hosted by the ministry every year.
- Then Prime Minister Manmohan Singh laid the foundation stone for the Kochi Metro rail project in 2012, construction work was started in June 2013 and a 13.4 km (8.3 mi) section of the line from Aluva to Palarivattom was opened to passengers on 17 June 2017 by Narendra Modi, the Prime Minister of India.A second 5 km (3.1 mi) section from Palarivattom to Maharaja’s College Stadium was inaugurated on October 3, 2017. Kochi metro also includes the technology for driverless trains and is hoping to implement this in the near future.
- Kochi Metro was lauded for its decision to employ Kudumbashree workers and also members of the transgender community.It is the world’s first rapid transit system whose entire management operations are handled by women.The system is also involved in sustainable initiatives with the introduction of non-motorized transport corridors in the city, installation of solar panels for power and vertical garden on every sixth metro pillar. Apart from the regular tickets, it has also adopted a single card, single timetable and a singular command and control. This debit card along with the Kochi One Mobile App will allow passengers to access all modes of public transportation as well as be utilized for mercantile and internet transactions and will introduce the ‘click and collect’ feature in the near future where goods ordered online can be collected in the metro stations.Every Kochi Metro station is designed on a specific theme around Kerala culture and geography.
- The government led by E.K. Nayanar ideated the project in 1999.The cabinet meeting held on 21 July 1999, of the then Left Democratic Front (Kerala) government, assigned Rail India Technological and Economic Services (RITES) for the feasibility study for a metro rapid transport system in Kochi.The techno-economic feasibility study for a Metro Rapid Transit System in Kochi was completed in 1999, which was begun in the same year, by Rail India Technological and Economic Services (RITES).The techno-feasibility study report was submitted to the state government in 1999.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form