Last Date:23 Jan,2019
Advt No : FRC/Recruit/01/2019
Kolkata Police Recruitment Board(KPRB)
Kolkata (West Bengal)
KPRB aka Kolkata Police Recruitment Board invites application for the post of 250 Civic Volunteers. Apply before 23 January 2019. KPRB Recruitment Qualification/eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official Website is www.kolkatapolice.gov.in
Name of the post – Civic Volunteers
No of post – 250
Pay Scale – Not Specified
Class VIII pass.
General Instructions:himachal government jobs
- Applicants will collect the Application Form on all days from the concerned offices as mentioned in the table above or may download the application form from the official Website of Kolkata Police (www.kolkatapolice.gov.in) and submit the same within the stipulated period at the place of submission mentioned in the table above after filling up the application form. The proforma for the application form is attached at appendix-A.
- Preferably a resident of the area under the Kolkata Police jurisdiction.
- Minimum age of the applicant should be 20 years (as on 1st day of January, 2019) and maximum age is 60 years.
- Minimum Educational Qualification: Class VIII pass.
- Preference would be given to the applicants who have done well in sports and have experience as NCC Cadet / Boy Scouts / NSS Guide / Civil Defence Volunteers etc.
- Should not have any criminal record against him / her in any Police Station.
- Preference will be given to the candidates, applying for Wireless Branch, having valid Driving Licence and working experience as Motor Mechanic etc.
- Preference will be given to the candidates, applying for Kolkata Home Guard Organization, having working experience as Security Guard and they may be deployed for Correctional Service related duties.
- Concerned Reserve Officer will maintain a register to record all such application forms received for ND/ ESD/WB of Kolkata Police for further processing.
- R.O. Combat Battalion, Kolkata will maintain register to record all such application forms received for Kolkata Home Guard Organization for further processing.
- Selection of Civic Volunteers for enrolment in different Divisions of Kolkata Police will be done through the process of interview by the selection committee comprising the concerned divisional Deputy Commissioner of Police, Kolkata as Chairman and one Assistant Commissioner of Police & one Inspector working under concerned Divisional Deputy Commissioner of Police, Kolkata as members.
- Selection of Civic Volunteers for enrolment in Wireless Branch of Kolkata Police will be done through the process of interview by the selection committee comprising Deputy Commissioner of Police, Wireless Branch, Kolkata as Chairman and one Assistant Commissioner of Police & one Inspector working under Deputy Commissioner of Police, Wireless Branch, Kolkata as members.
- Selection of Civic Volunteers for enrolment in Kolkata Home Guard Organization will be done through the process of interview by the selection committee comprising Deputy Commissioner of Police, Combat Battalion, Kolkata as Chairman and one Assistant Commissioner of Police & one Inspector working under the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Combat Battalion, Kolkata as members.
- Any dispute arises during the selection process of Civic Volunteers will be decided by an Appellate Board comprising the Commissioner of Police, Kolkata as the Chairman and Addl. Commissioner of Police (IV), Kolkata and Jt. Commissioner of Police (AP), Kolkata as members.
- The selected volunteers will have no claim as to the employability in Kolkata Police or any other department of the Government for such engagement.
- Each such volunteer will be paid Honorarium at a rate prescribed by the Government on furnishing of working statement certified by Unit-in-Charge.
- Each volunteer will be assigned one ID No. at the time of induction.
- Each volunteer will have to undergo a 2 weeks’ training course organized by Deputy Commissioner of Police, Home Guard Organization, Kolkata.
- After observing necessary selection procedure and completion of training, such Civic Volunteer will be inducted and deployed in different units of Kolkata Police.
- In case any selected candidate does not join in due course, the vacancy thus arise would be filled up from the Reserve List of Civic Volunteers that will be prepared against this Employment Notice.
- In case of any further requirement of Civic Volunteers for any other unit of Kolkata Police, the same may be filled up from the Reserve List of Civic Volunteers that will be prepared against this Employment Notice.
How to Apply:
- Application form:- Prescribed format of application is attached herewith. It should be printed on white A-4 size paper only. The following documents shall have to be attached with the application.
- Self attested copy of identity proof. (PAN Card/ Passport / Driving License / Voter Card / Bank Passbook with photograph / Aadhaar Card / e-Aadhaar Card with a photograph.
- Self attested copy of proof of address. (Voter Card / Aadhaar Card / e-Aadhaar Card with photograph / Passport / Driving License / Bank Passbook / Electric Bill / Telephone Bill.
- One self attested passport size photograph is to be pasted on the right top of the application form.
- Self attested copy of document regarding proof of age (Birth Certificate /School Leaving Certificate/Admit Card showing date of birth.
- Self attested copies of educational testimonials.
- Self attested Certificates required for additional technical qualification and Experience [mentioned in para A(7) & A(8).
- All the original documents as mentioned above will be verified at the time of engagement. The candidates are required to submit one application only.
- APPLICATION SUBMITTED IN MORE THAN ONE UNIT WILL BE SUMMARARILY REJECTED.
- The application form duly filled in along with the prescribed documents should be submitted personally (not by any other means) in the DROP BOX kept in the concerned Divisional/Battalion/Unit office, as mentioned in the table above, for which the applicant is willing to submit his/her application. The envelope containing the application should be superscribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF CIVIC VOLUNTEER”.
- No application will be received at any address other than the above mentioned addresses.
- The history of the present structure of policing in Kolkata goes back to the colonial times, when the city was known as “Calcutta”, and was a fledging settlement of the British East India Company. Kolkata (Calcutta) is regarded to have been founded by an English Merchant Job Charnock, but this has no authentic corroboration. Job Charnock, who was the key functionary of the East India Company, had anchored his boat “Maddapollam” at a village called Sutanuti on the eastern banks of the river Hooghly, in 1690 A.D. East India Co. then bought three villages Sutanuti, Kalikata and Gobindapur from local landlord Sabarna Roy Chowdhury. This formed the nucleus of a fortified military settlement which in 1696 A.D. (3 years after Charnock’s death) became a prime location for the East India Company’s operations in Bengal.
- Policing in Calcutta’s earliest days was confined to the Mughal administration and their local representatives. Bengal was still technically a part of the Mughal Empire although the Nawabs of Bengal, based in Murshidabad, in North Bengal, were its virtual rulers. The Watch and Ward functions were entrusted to a “Kotwal” or town prefect who had 45 peons under him, armed with traditional weapons like staves and spears, to deal with miscreants.
- In 1720, the East India Company formally appointed an officer to be in charge of civil and criminal administration. He was assisted by an Indian functionary commonly known as “black deputy” or “black zamindar”. Under him were three naib-dewans, one of whom was in charge of the police. The settlement was divided into “thanas” (Police stations) under “thanadars” who had in turn contingents of “naiks” and “paiks”. A small contingent of river police was also formed.
- Kolkata Police 162 Years of Service,The pace of change is breathtaking. The challenges are exciting. Kolkata Police has the courage to face them. And the vision. We are preparing for the future with new skills. New technologies. New attitudes. We won’t just stand at ease. It’s forward march to a great tomorrow. In step with the citizens of Kolkata. Keeping pace with the world.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form