Advertisement No.— 10/2015-2016)
Banaras Hindu University
Applications/Nominations from eminent scholars are invited for appointment on theÂ Centenary Chair Professor (05 posts) and Centenary Visiting Fellows (10 posts) inÂ Bharat Adhyayan Kendra of the University on the prescribed terms and conditions.Â The persons desirous of applying or those who are nominated for these positions areÂ requested to submit their academic vision and plan on the Centenary ChairÂ Professor & Centenary Visiting Fellow at Bharat Adhyayan Kendra. Those whoÂ applied earlier in response to the Advt. No.10/2015-2016 dated 18.06.2016 need notÂ apply again, however they should also submit their academic vision and plan. For
detailed information, please visit our website http//bhu.ac.in/rac.Â Applications/Nominations should accompany the bio-data of the personÂ applied/nominated along with the academic vision and plan and should reach OfficeÂ of the Registrar (Recruitment & Assessment Cell), Holkar House, BHU, Varanasi-221Â 005 on or before 08.10.2016 either by post / hand or through email:Â email@example.com
1.Name of the post- Centenary chair professor and centenary visiting fellow
No of post- 15
Pay Scale- Rs.35000—60000/- Per Month
Qualification: Candidates should have an out — standing scholar/ writer of national and international repute who has proven track record may be invited by the university as Centenary Chair Professor/ Eminent scholars/ writes from the area of humanities/ science/ medicine/ Ayurveda/ oriental studies/ fine arts and music Indology and such other discipline or may be required to fulfill the mandate of the centre.
- One apex class airfare (within India)/ Train Fare, asÂ per GOI norms.
- Free guest house/ studio accommodation dependingÂ on its availability;
- Free medical treatment (excluding medicines) in SSÂ Hospital of BHU;
- Office and Secretarial assistance from the commonÂ pool in the Centre .
Terms of Reference:
- Fostering the activities of “Bharat Addhyan Kendra”;
- Undertaking researches and studies in the relevantÂ fields as defined in the mandate the Chair;
- Rediscovering/retrieving the lost (or ignored) ancientÂ Indian literature on selected disciplines;
- Revisiting the subjects with a new focus on clearÂ understanding, research and growth;
- Rethinking about their significance and relevanceÂ today;
- Remodeling the principles in simpler modules toÂ transfer them to the current generations; and,
- Preparing a new generation of students who can carryÂ forward the torch of ancient wisdom and its relevance
to humanity, cutting across national boundaries.
- Delivering a course of lectures on a subject in which heÂ has specialized; conducting seminars and participatingÂ in the discussions; guiding research scholars andÂ members of the Faculty;
- Assist the University in a manner so as to strengthenÂ the activities of “Bharat Addhyan Kendra”.
How to apply: Candidates may apply in prescribed application form along with relevant documents duly attested with 2 copies of photograph and complete valid e-mail and working mobile number send to the Registrar recruitment and assessment cell, Holkar house, BHU, Varanasi: 221005, Uttar Pradesh or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 8th October 2016.
Last Date: 08-10-2016
click above to download
the employment notification