Last Date:07 December,2019
Advt No : IIE-11/2018-3768/OSSC
Odisha Staff Selection Commission(OSSC)
OSSC aka Odisha Staff Selection Commission invites Sarkari Job application for the post of 05 Research Assistant. Apply Online before 07 December 2019. OSSC Recruitment Qualification/eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official Website is www.ossc.gov.in
Name of the post – Research Assistant
No of post – 05
Pay Scale – 16880/- (Per Month)
Master Degree in Anthropology/Tribal Studies/ Sociology/Social Work/Applied Economics/Statistics form recognized University.
General Instruction:andhra pradesh government jobs
- Online application form will be available from Dt. 08.11.201 to Dt. 07.12.2019, 11.55 P.M.
- Candidates are to be extra vigilant while filling up of the Form as there is no edit option.
- Candidates should not send the Detailed Application Form (DAF), copies of the certificates/documents or the originals to Odisha Staff Selection Commission.
- Candidates should upload the documents as listed in Clause -7(i to xi) of the Advertisement while applying online. The candidates shortlisted for Viva Voce Test have to produce the originals and a set of self attested photo copy of the uploaded certificates/ documents on the date of Viva Voce Test.
- The certificates/documents uploaded as per clause 7 (i to xi) of this advertisement must have the validity on the date of submission of Online Application.
- It should be noted that in case any discrepancy is noticed during verification of certificates between the originals and the uploaded copy of the documents, the candidature of the candidate shall be cancelled on the ground of submission of false documents.
- PwD candidates are not eligible for the post of Research Assistant.
- Candidates applying for the post must go through the detailed advertisement and ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility criteria prescribed for the post as laid down in this advertisement. Admission of a candidate for the Written Examination & other Tests shall be provisional and would be on the basis of the information furnished by him/her in the on-line application form.
- If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his/her online application is false/incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate otherwise does not satisfy the eligibility criteria prescribed for the post, his/her candidature for the examination will be cancelled forthwith and he may be debarred from appearing any further recruitment examination conducted by OSSC either temporarily or permanently.
- The scanned image and the scanned photograph & the documents uploaded (as listed at clause-7 of the advertisement) should be clearly identifiable and visible. If the same are not vigible/ Identifiable, the application is liable to be rejected and no correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
- Appointment to the post shall be guided by Odisha Group-B posts (Contractual Appointment) Rules, 2013 notified vide G.A. Department Notification No. GAD-SC-Rules-0061-2013-1147/Gen dt. 17.01.2014 and Finance Department Letter No. 28090/F, FIN PCC-PAY-0006-2017 dt. 20.09.2017.
- No Call letter/Admission letter for the recruitment at any stage shall be sent to candidates by post. The candidates are therefore advised to access to Commission’s website www.ossc.gov.in regularly to know about the status of their applications and Date of Examinations.
- The names of the candidates will be deleted from the merit list who will not attend the Viva Voce Test.
- Any Application other than online mode shall not be accepted by the Commission and summarily rejected.
- Online applications not properly filled in or found incomplete in any respect or furnished false information are liable for rejection without entertaining any correspondence with the applicants on that score.
- Online Applications are invited from intending candidates for selection of 05(five) posts of Research Assistant under Directorate of SCSTRTI, Odisha, Bhubaneswar (ST & SC Development Department) on contractual basis. The appointment will be initially on contractual basis carrying a consolidated pay of Rs. 16880/- in the scale of pay Rs. 9300/-to 34,800/-as per Finance Department Letter No. 28090/F, FIN PCC-PAY-0006-2017 dt. 20.09.2017 & subject to revision as per orders of Government from time to time.
- Candidates should note that category (UR/SC/ST/SEBC), Sub caste in case of SC/ST/SEBC and Spl. Category (Ex-serviceman) status once submitted in the on-line application is final. Any request for change in category or Spl category shall not be entertained by the Commission subsequently.
- As there is no edit option, the candidates are to be extra vigilant while filling up the information. Furnishing of wrong or false information will be liable for cancellation of candidature for the post.
- After the form is successfully submitted, the candidate has to take two printed copies of application, one OSSC copy and other Applicant’s copy. The Applicant’s copy contains the ‘USER ID’ printed at the bottom of the Application Form. The applicant needs to use the same to know the status of his/her application and also to download Admission Letter from OSSC website at different stages of the recruitment to appear the examination. The OSSC copy is to be reserved by the applicant for future use. If the candidate is shortlisted for Viva Voce Test he has to submit the same alongwith self
attested photo copy of certificate/document as listed in clause-7 of the advertisement as uploaded in the website for verification with originals on the date of Viva Voce Test.
- Applications received through any mode other than online mode are liable to be summarily rejected.
- The Odisha Staff Selection Commission (OSSC) was set up by Govt. of Odisha as a statutory body in the year 1994 for carrying out direct recruitment against Group-C posts in the State cadre (as against District cadre) as may be scheduled in the OSSC Rules, 1993. There are some 85 different cadres of posts/ services under various departments of Government to which recruitment is made through this Commission. .
- The Commission’s office is located at Barrack No.1, Unit-V, Bhubaneswar-751054.
- The Commission is headed by the Chairman, and in addition it comprises of a Member. They are appointed by the Government, and are governed by Rules regulating their recruitment and conditions of service. The Commission is accountable to the General Administration Department of Government in administrative and financial matters. Secretary is the Head of Office; and assisting him are the Joint Secretary / Addl. Secretary, Under Secretary, Accounts Officer, and the Special Officer. Chairman is vested with the authority to dispose of matters pertaining to discharge of the Commission’s mandate, and its smooth functioning.
- The Commission was constituted vide State Government Notification No.25673/Gen. dtd.23.11.1993. It is statutory in the sense that it derives its mandate and authority from the proviso to Article 309 of the Constitution of India, and is set up under the powers conferred under that Article.
- It started functioning at Cuttack from the 19th January, 1994 with assumption of charge by Sri Sarat Chandra Mishra, IPS (Retd.) as Chairman. Later the Commission’s office was shifted to Bhubaneswar on the 12th September, 2000.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form