Last Date:19 August,2019
Assam Rifles invites Sarkari Job application for the post of 79 Rifleman & Havildar. Apply before 19 August 2019. Assam Rifles Recruitment Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official website is www.assamrifles.gov.in
Name of the post – Rifleman & Havildar
No of post – 79
Pay Scale – Not Specified
10th, 12th, ITI.
General Information:delhi sarkari naukri
- Offline applications are invited from eligible candidates from across the country for enrolment into the Assam Rifles under the Compassionate Ground Appointment Scheme. The recruitment rally will tentatively be held from 19 August 2019 onwards at Headquarters Directorate General Assam Rifles, Laitkor, Shillong (Meghalaya) NRS – Guwahati (Assam). Firm Date of reporting to attend the recruitment rally will be intimated to the eligible candidates by registered post followed by uploading of necessary details in our official website www.assarnrifies.gov.in from time to time
- The candidates must fulfil all eligibility conditions for applied post and should be in possession of all certificates in original at the time of reporting for recruitment rally.
- All educational certificates other than Central Board /State Board should be accompanied with Government notification declaring the equivalence of such qualification for service under Central Government (to be produced at the time of documentation).
- D.O_B as recorded in the Matriculation certificate will only be accepted for determining the age.
- In case of a widow who does not fulfil educational requirement of a post is considered for the Compassionate Ground Appointment, she can be appointed only against a multi¬tasking staff post, provided the appointing authority is satisfied that she can satisfactorily perform duties of the post with the help of some On Job Training (OJT).
- Vacancies are tentative and may increase or decrease. The vacancies so notified are subject to variation and the Assam Rifles reserves the right to make any change in the advertisement or cancel it without assigning any reasons.
- Candidates to undergo Physical Fitness Test at own risk and expense. Injuries including fatal due to the test during recruiting rally will not be compensated in any manner. The candidates will have no claim what-so-ever against the Govt./ Assam Rifles.
- The candidates those who are not in possession of requisite documents will not be permitted to attend the Recruitment Rally.
- All certificates like Education/Permanent Residence /Nativity/Domicile/ Caste etc submitted by candidates during Rect Rally will be verified during pre-enrolment verification. In case of fake/forged documents/ certificates, FIR will be lodged for fraudulent enrolment and candidate will be handed over to the State Police, besides his candidature being cancelled.
- Candidates shall submit their off line applications as per format attached alongwith self attested copies of educational certificate, domicile certificate, caste certificate, diploma/technical/IT! certificate (as applicable) of the trade in accordance with Qualitative Requirements, incl one xerox copy of photo ID i.e. AADHAAR, PAN/Voter ID/ Driving license etc to the address mentioned below:-
DIRECTORATE GENERAL ASSAM RIFLES (RECRUITMENT BRANCH) LAITKOR, SHILLONG MEGHALAYA – 793010
- The candidates have liberty to intention their choice for multiple trades out of the advertised trades/posts in their application forms. Opportunity for Trade (Skill) Test will be given to the candidates for multiple trades/post accordingly. Final selection will be done in one trade/post of candidate’s choice on clearing all mandatory tests keeping in view the priority level of the candidate and availability of vacancies.
- The candidates may also upload scanned copies of their application alongwith requisite connected documents in our official e-mail ID rectbrdqar(aqmail.com till last date of receipt of the applications.
- In case the information furnished by the candidates in the Application Form is found to be false at any stage of the Recruitment Rally and even at a later stage, the candidature of such candidates will summarily be rejected without any notice. Appropriate action will also be taken against such candidates as per the provisions of law by registering an FIR with the Police. Applications received after the last/due date will not be entertained. Incomplete application, in any respect will be rejected summarily and no correspondence will be made on this account.
- The candidates who are declared UNFIT in Detailed Medical Examination (DME), may submit their appeal within 15 days from the date of detailed medical examination for appearing in Review Medical Examination (RME) alongwith a proof of his / her fitness certificate in the prescribed format with enclosing Postal Order of Rs. 25/- in favour of Recruitment Branch, HO DGAR. The provision of Review Medical Examination (RME) is provided by the government to review the possibility of judgement error during Detailed Medical Examination (DME) and not for treatment / rectification of deformity noticed by the DME board.
- The Assam Rifles came into being in 1835, as a militia called the ‘Cachar Levy’. With approximately 750 men, this Force was formed to primarily protect British Tea estates and their settlements against tribal raids. Subsequently, all these Forces were reorganised and renamed as the ‘Frontier Force’ as their role was increased to conduct of punitive expeditions across the borders of Assam. This Force significantly contributed in opening the region to administration and commerce and over time they came to be known as the “right arm of the civil and left arm of the military”. In 1870, existing elements were merged into three Assam Military Police Battalions, named as Lushai Hills, Lakhimpur and Naga Hills. The ‘Darrang’ Battalion was raised just before the onset of World War–I. Since Reservists were difficult to be called on short notice and Gurkha Battalions’ soldiers were on leave in Nepal, the Assam Military Police were tasked to take their place. Thus, this Force sent over 3000 men as part of the British Army to Europe and the Middle East. In 1917, recognising theirwork during the Great War, fighting shoulder to shoulder with Rifle Regiments of the regular British Army, the name of the Force was changed to ‘Assam Rifles’.
- The Post-Independence role of the Assam Rifles continued to evolve ranging from conventional combat role during Sino-India War 1962, operating in foreign land as part of the Indian Peace Keeping Force (IPKF) to Sri Lanka in 1987 (Op Pawan) to peacekeeping role in the North-Eastern areas of India in the face of growing tribal unrest and insurgency wherein the maintenance of law and order, countering insurgency and reassuring the people of the region became important tasks for the Assam Rifles.
- Today the Force remains deployed in some of the most remote and under developed areas and provides security to locals. Assam Rifles has grown substantially over the years from 17 battalions in 1960 to 46 battalions at present. The Force also has a Training Centre and a number of Logistics Units. Through its long deployment in the tribal belt, the Assam Rifles has earned the complete confidence of the locals and has helped considerably in bringing the people of this region into the national main stream. The humane, just and ever helpful approach of the men of Assam Rifles has truly managed to win hearts and minds earning the Assam Rifles the sobriquet of ‘Friends of the North East’.
- Conduct counter insurgency operations in the north-east and other areas where deemed necessary, under control of the army. During peace and ‘proxy war’, ensure security of the indo-china and indo-myanmar borders. During war, rear area security in the TBA. Act as penultimate interventionist force of the central government in internal security situation, under the control of army; when the situation goes beyond the control of central paramilitary operations.
- The Force is commanded by an officer of the rank of Lieutenant General of the Army. The highest HQ of the force known as the HQ Directorate General of Assam Rifles is located at Shillong. Assam Rifles is a region specific force with its operational role in the North East and therefore the HQ DGAR is also located in the East. The HQs of all other Central Para Military Forces are located at Delhi.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form