Last Date:06 October,2019
Advt. No. : CRPD/APPR/ 2019-20/14
State Bank Of India (SBI)
SBI aka State Bank Of India invites Sarkari Job Applications for the posts of 700 Apprentices Vacancy 2019. SBI Recruitment Qualification / eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official Website is www.sbi.co.in
Name of the post — Apprentices
No of post — 700
Pay Scale — 8000/- (Per Month)
Graduation from a recognised University/ Institute.
General Information:tamilnadu govt employment
- The candidates should NOT have undergone Apprenticeship either in SBI or in any other organization earlier or pursuing Apprenticeship Training as per the Apprentices Act 1961 as amended.
- Candidates who had training or job experience for a period of one year or more after the attainment of the educational qualifications, shall NOT be eligible for being engaged as Apprentices.
- SBI shall have no obligation to over regular employment to Apprentices during and/or after the completion of the apprenticeship period. After completion of Apprenticeship period, candidates will be relieved from the respective work area.
- The decision of the Bank will be final and binding on all candidates on all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of applications, mode of selection, cancellation of the selection process either in part or full, etc. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard. Filling up of the seats is solely at the discretion of the Bank, based on the suitability of candidates and no claim will arise for engagement, if some of these seats are not filled due to unsuitability/insuficient number of candidates.
- Online applications which are incomplete shall not be considered as “Eligible” and treated as “Rejected”.
- Candidates should satisfy themselves about their eligibility for engagement in apprentice. The Bank would admit to the test all the candidates applying for the apprentice on the basis of the information furnished in the online application and shall determine their eligibility only at the time of document verification. Admission to tests will be purely provisional without verification of age/qualification/category (SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PWD), etc. of the candidates with reference to documents.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest to apply online well before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/inability/failure to log on to the website on account of heavy load on internet or website jam.
- SBI does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of SBI.
- Not more than one application should be submitted by a candidate. In case of multiple applications, only the last valid (completed) application will be retained. Multiple attendance/appearance by a candidate in examination will be summarily rejected/candidature cancelled.
- The possibility for occurrence of some problems in the administration of the examination cannot be ruled out completely, which may impact test delivery and/or result from being generated. In that event, every eort will be made to rectify such problem, which may include the conduct of another examination if considered necessary.
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of their system generated online application form after submitting the application.
- Caste certificate issued by Competent Authority on format prescribed by the Government of India will have to be submitted by the SC/ST candidates,at the time of engagement, if called for.
- A declaration will have to be submitted in the prescribed format by candidates seeking reservation under OBC category, stating that he/ she does not belong to the creamy layer as on the last date of registration. OBC certificate containing the ‘Non-creamy layer’ clause, issued during the period 01.04.2019 to the date of engagement as apprentice, if found suitable for, will have to be submitted at the time of engagement.
- Benefit of reservation under EWS category can be availed upon production of an ‘Income and Asset Certificate’ issued by a Competent Authority on the format prescribed by Government of India.
- Candidates are advised to keep their registered e-mail ID/mobile active for receiving advices, viz. call letters/advices, etc.
- Engagement of selected candidates is subject to his/her being declared medically as per the requirement of the Bank and such engagement will also be subject to all relevant rules/policies/guidelines of the Bank.
- Any legal proceedings in respect of any matter of claim or dispute arising out of this advertisement and/or an application in response thereto can be instituted only in Mumbai and courts/tribunals/forums at Mumbai only shall have sole and exclusive jurisdiction to try any cause/dispute.
- The candidates will have to appear for the tests at their own cost.
- All candidates (except those belonging to North Eastern states where an alternate ID proof will do) should produce Aadhaar number before engagement, i.e. contract signing for doing apprenticeship training.
- BANK RESERVES RIGHT TO CANCEL THE SELECTION PROCESS ENTIRELY AT ANY STAGE.
- The State Bank of India (SBI) is an Indian multinational, public sector banking and financial services company. It is a government-owned corporation headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The company is ranked 216th on the Fortune Global 500 list of the world’s biggest corporations as of 2017. It is the largest bank in India with a 23% market share in assets, besides a share of one-fourth of the total loan and deposits market.
- The bank descends from the Bank of Calcutta, founded in 1806, via the Imperial Bank of India, making it the oldest commercial bank in the Indian subcontinent. The Bank of Madras merged into the other two “presidency banks” in British India, the Bank of Calcutta and the Bank of Bombay, to form the Imperial Bank of India, which in turn became the State Bank of India in 1955. The Government of India took control of the Imperial Bank of India in 1955, with Reserve Bank of India (India’s central bank) taking a 60% stake, renaming it the State Bank of India. In 2008, the government took over the stake held by the Reserve Bank of India.
- The roots of the State Bank of India lie in the first decade of the 19th century when the Bank of Calcutta later renamed the Bank of Bengal, was established on 2 June 1806. The Bank of Bengal was one of three Presidency banks, the other two being the Bank of Bombay (incorporated on 15 April 1840) and the Bank of Madras (incorporated on 1 July 1843). All three Presidency banks were incorporated as joint stock companies and were the result of royal charters. These three banks received the exclusive right to issue paper currency till 1861 when, with the Paper Currency Act, the right was taken over by the Government of India. The Presidency banks amalgamated on 27 January 1921, and the re-organised banking entity took as its name Imperial Bank of India. The Imperial Bank of India remained a joint stock company but without Government participation.
- Pursuant to the provisions of the State Bank of India Act of 1955, the Reserve Bank of India, which is India’s central bank, acquired a controlling interest in the Imperial Bank of India. On 1 July 1955, the Imperial Bank of India became the State Bank of India. In 2008, the Government of India acquired the Reserve Bank of India’s stake in SBI so as to remove any conflict of interest because the RBI is the country’s banking regulatory authority.
- In 1959, the government passed the State Bank of India (Subsidiary Banks) Act. This made eight banks that had belonged to princely states into subsidiaries of SBI. This was at the time of the first Five Year Plan, which prioritised the development of rural India. The government integrated these banks into the State Bank of India system to expand its rural outreach. In 1963 SBI merged State Bank of Jaipur (est. 1943) and State Bank of Bikaner (est.1944).
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form