Last Date:02 May,2019
Advt. No. :P&A/6(90)/02-Vol VII
Cochin Shipyard Limited Invites applications for the post of 50 Ship Draftsman Trainee. Apply Online before 02 May 2019. Cochin Shipyard Recruitment Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official website is www.cochinshipyard.com
Name of the post – Ship Draftsman Trainee
No of post – 50
Pay Scale – 10500/- (Per Month)
SSLC and Three year Diploma in Engineering in Mechanical / Electrical disciplines issued by a State Board of Technical Education with 60% marks.
General Instruction:latest andhra govt jobs
- Applicants are advised to make sure that they are meeting the eligibility requirements as per the vacancy notification for the seats notified before submitting the applications.
- Depending upon number of online applications received, Shipyard reserves the right to stipulate a higher cut off mark than the minimum eligibility marks stipulated in the qualifying examination and accordingly short list candidates for consideration for selection.
- Those draftsman trainees and draftsman on-contract who are currently working in CSL as on 02 May 2019 are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants should ensure that all certificates towards proof of age, educational qualification, experience, caste, disability etc and a recent passport size colour photograph are uploaded in the SAP online application portal, failing which their candidature will not be considered and will be rejected.
- Shipyard reserves the right to call for any additional documentary evidence from candidates in support of educational qualification / other notified eligibility requirements as indicated in their online application, and information /replies to such queries should be only through the e-mail email@example.com. However, Cochin Shipyard will not be responsible for any delay/non-receipt of such e-mails within the stipulated date and time. Replies to any such queries received after the stipulated date and time will not be considered, and no further correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
- Applicants should ensure that all the entries have been correctly filled in and application submitted successfully. Filling of garbage/junk details in any of the fields can lead to rejection of your application.
- Application must be complete in all respects as per the Advertisement Notification. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Candidates short-listed for the certificate verification / Phase II – Practical test should bring a photo identity proof (in original) like PAN Card,Aadhar, Driving Licence etc, print out of online job application form (possessing unique registration number) duly signed, and all original certificates towards proof of age, qualification, experience, caste,disability etc along with self-attested copies of these certificates, for verification, and their candidature will be considered on the strength of the original certificates. In case of failure to produce the original certificates, the candidature will be rejected.
- Applicants who fail to produce the original certificates and mark sheets during the certificate verification process will not be allowed to attend the Practical test.
- Call letters will not be sent to short-listed candidates by post. They will be informed to download call letter by e-mail/SMS/through CSL website. Schedule of the selection will be intimated to the short-listed applicants through SMS/Email/CSL website (Careers page).
- In case of candidates currently working in any organizations particularly, Government Departments or Semi Government/ Public Sector Organisations,such candidates if selected would be allowed to join duty only on production of relieving order / certificate from their organisations.
- If at any stage it is found that any information furnished is false/ incorrect or the candidate does not satisfy the eligibility criteria, the candidature/appointment is liable to be cancelled/ rejected.
- No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates for attending the selection.
- Mere submission of application through online and Issue of call letter shall not confer any right to the applicant of acceptance of candidature or cannot be construed as an acknowledgement of fulfilling the eligibility criterion.
- Shipyard is not liable to offer employment to the selected candidates, during or after completion of two years of training.
- Applicants should be of sound health and satisfy the medical fitness standards as fixed by the company. The candidates short-listed for appointment should undergo a medical examination in the hospitals as prescribed by Shipyard and medical fitness further subject to certification by the Medical Officer of CSL.
- CSL reserves the right not to fill up the vacancy notified. Further, the filling up of the notified vacancy will be subject to the suitability of candidates in the rank list, availability of projects and job requirements. CSL reserves the right to restrict/ alter/cancel/modify the recruitment process, if need so arises without notice or assigning any reason thereof.
- No correspondence regarding the rejection of application in case of ineligibility will be entertained.
- Any legal proceedings in respect of any claim or dispute arising out of this advertisement and/or an application in response thereto and selection process thereafter can be instituted only in the Courts/Tribunals/Forums at Ernakulam and such Courts/ Authorities shall have sole and exclusive jurisdiction.
- Any amendment, modification or addition to this advertisement will be given in the CSL website only.
- For any further clarification, please contact us via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cochin Shipyard was conceived of in the year 1969 when a team surveyed various locations in India before selecting Cochin for the launch of the first Greenfield Shipbuilding Yard in the country.
- The yard facilities in the first phase were completed by 1982. The yard was designed and constructed under technical collaboration with M/s Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (M.H.I), Japan. The company was legally incorporated in the year 1972.
- The yard commenced the shipbuilding operations in 1978, shiprepair in 1981, Marine Engineering Training in 1993 and Offshore Upgradation in 1999.
- Cochin Shipyard’s recent success in securing export orders have been achieved through consistent improvement in productivity and also aggressive marketing undertaken in the last few years .
- The yard could reduce the average time of construction of large ships in the last decade through augmentation of facilities, upgradation of ship design department with installation of Tribon and CAD/CAM software and adoption of Integrated Hull Outfitting and Painting system (IHOP) system of construction.
- The shipyard commenced ship repair operations in the year 1982 and has undertaken repairs of all types of vessels including upgradation of ships of oil exploration industry as well as periodical lay up repairs and life extension of ships of Navy, UTL, Coast Guard, Fisheries and Port Trust besides merchant fleet. The yard has, over the years, developed adequate capabilities to handle complex and sophisticated repair jobs.
- CSL has established tie-ups with select specialist firms from near-east, far-east, South-east, Europe and USA for technology transfer & material packages for shipbuilding, ship-repair, platforms, rigs & up-gradation of yard facilities.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form