PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION, WEST BENGAL
Applications in the prescribed format given at the Commission’s website at http://www.pscwbonline.gov.in.
are invited from Indian citizens and such other nationals as are declared eligible by Govt. of India for
recruitment to the under mentioned post. The post is temporary but likely to be permanent.
1.Post Name- Principal
No. of Vacancies- 05 Posts
Pay Scale- Rs.9000-40500/-
Grade Pay- Rs.5400/-
Educational Qualification: Master‘s degree in any schooling subjects from a recognized university and M.Ed. or B.Ed. of a recognized University or Institution, or Bachelor’s degree in Teaching of a recognized University or Institution, or Post-Graduate Basic Training of any Teachers’ Training Institute recognized by the National Council of Teachers’ Education and Having experience of at least ten years continuous service as teacher in an English Medium High or Higher Secondary School recognized by the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education.
- The qualifications prescribed in the advertisement are as per the notified recruitment rules issued byÂ Government.
- SUBMISSION OF MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION FOR ONE PARTICULAR POST IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. THE CANDIDATURE OF A CANDIDATE WHO SUBMITS MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION TO THE SELECTION PROCEDURE, WILL BE CANCELLED EVEN IF HE/SHE ISÂ ADMITTED TO THE SAME.
- All the degrees/diplomas/ certificates mentioned in the advertisement must have been obtained from recognizedÂ Universities/ Institutions.
- The prescribed ‘essential qualifications’ are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle
applicants to be called in for the interview. Where the number of applications received in response to the
advertisement is large and it is not convenient or possible for the Commission to interview all the applicants theÂ Commission may restrict the number of candidates for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of eitherÂ higher qualifications in the relevant subjects/higher standard of marks/grade obtained in the essential
qualifications or experience in relevant field higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement or
on the basis of a Screening Test/Written Test. IN THE CASES OF SCREENING TEST/ WRITTEN TEST,
CANDIDATES SUFFERING FROM BLINDNESS OR LOW VISION WILL BE ALLOWED THE HELP OF A
SCRIBE, IF REQUIRED.
- If sufficient number of candidates with prescribed age limit is available for selection for a particular post, the
commission may exercise its discretion not to relax upper age limit of the candidate(s) even if the provision forÂ such relaxation is laid down in the advertised criteria.Â The Commission has discretion to fix up qualifying marks in each level of examination, i.e.Â written test/preliminary screening test, interview and in aggregate.
- In cases where no Division/Class is awarded and only grading is done, exact percentage of marks andÂ conversion formula adopted are to be mentioned with documentary evidence.
How to Apply WBPSC Vacancy: Interested Candidates may apply Online through the website www.pscwbonline.gov.in from 05.10.2016 to 02.11.2016.
Important Dates to Remember:
Starting Date for Submission of Online Application: 05.10.2016
Last Date for Submission of Online Application: 02.11.2016
Last Date for Submission of Fee through Online: 02.11.2016
Last Date for Submission of Fee through Offline: 03.11.2016
click above to download
the employment notification