Last Date:02 Aug,2019
Applications in prescribed format are invited from Eligible Candidates for the recruitment to 46 contractual positions of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor by Sambalpur University (Sambalpur University).Application should be sent to the given address latest by 02-08-2019 .The applications received without legible copies of documents or apparently containing incomplete information & those received after prescribed date will be summarily rejected.
Name of the post – Assistant & Associate Professor
No of post – 46
Pay Scale – Rs 37400 – 67000, 15600 – 39100
Ph.D and min 10 yrs experience,/Master Degree with 55% marks in concerned/ relevant subject and NET/SET/SLET qualified.
General Instruction:public sector recruitment
- The prescribed application form and other information can be downloaded from the Sambalpur University website www.suniv.ac.in. The filled-in application form signed by the candidates must be submitted along with a Non-Refundable Bank Challan of Rs.700/- (Rs.350 for ST, SC and Women) drawn in favour of the ‘Comptroller of Finance, Sambalpur University’, payable at State Bank of India, Jyoti Vihar Branch, Burla, Odisha, in SBI Jyoti Vihar, Burla, Power Jyoti A/C No. 34139360373. Applications without the Bank Challan shall not be considered. The ‘University Copy’ of the Challan should be attached with the application. No fee is required for PWD Candidates.
- Not to fill up any of the advertised position(s).
- Shortlist candidates for appearing interview as per UGC rule.
- The application form duly filled in by the candidate must be supported by self -attested copies of all certificates, mark sheets, evidence of UG & PG teaching, research experience and production of Ph.D., copies of published articles, certificate(s) containing the record of date of birth and other documents as per the University Statutes.
- Candidates are required to submit seven (07) copies of filled-in Application forms and Summary sheets in the prescribed format with seven (07) sets of self attested photocopies of certificates, mark sheets, research photocopies of certificates, mark sheets and published articles, etc. shall be submitted through proper channel in case of in-service candidates.
- The application through Speed Post/ Regd. Post must reach the Registrar on or before 02/08/2019. Application received beyond the last date by or in any other mode will not be entertained. Application submitted not in the University prescribed format shall also be summarily rejected.
- Candidates for the post of Professor and Associate Professor are required to submit the Research Score Card in the prescribed format available in the University website.
- The period spent by the candidates to acquire M. Phil and/or Ph. D. degree shall not be considered as research experience.
- As per the UGC communicated dated 21″ September, 2016, “if the M.PhillPh.D. degree is awarded by a Foreign University, the Indian Institution considering such a degree shall refer the issue to a Standing Committee constituted by the concerned institution for the purpose of determining the equivalence of the degree awarded by the foreign University.”
- No TA/DA etc. shall be paid for attending the interview, including or verification of documents. The candidates may be required to report one day before the interview for verification of research score and related documents.
- Candidates are required to produce their original certificates and mark sheets/testimonials/documents for verification at the time of interview.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/SEBC category must furnish the valid Certificate ISSUED BY THE COMPETETENT AUTHORITY OF GOVT. OF ODISHA.
- Applications of the in-service candidates are liable to be rejected, if not routed through the concerned employer. However, candidates may submit advance copies of the application to avoid delay and produce NOC from their employer at the time of interview.
- In-service candidates should ensure that CCRs/Performance Appraisal Report of the last five years have been received by the Registrar of the University confidentially at least five days before the date of interview, failing which they may not be awarded the marks/credits towards CCRs as provided in the University Statutes.
- Candidates should endose separate certificates from the Head of the Institution in support of the number of years of P.G. Degree/Honours and/or general teaching experience reflecting the period with date and name of the Institution.
- Selected candidates will be required to join the posts within one month from the date of issue of the appointment order unless otherwise permitted by the University specifically to join post-date.
- The candidates recruited as teachers must have to avail themselves of the University accommodation on the Campus (if the same is available).
- The candidate must sign on each page of the application form and enclosures for their authenticity.
- Incomplete applications, applications received after due date and not in the prescribed format shall be summarily rejected, and no individual communications to this effect shall be entertained.
- Issue of this advertisement or holding interview does not make it binding on the part of the University to call a candidate for the interview or to give appointment.
- All correspondence relating to the appointment shall be made to the Registrar by designation and not by name.
- Marks in a particular item shall be awarded only if supported with relevant certificate from the competent authority and to the satisfaction of the authority/Selection Committee.
- The University reserves the right to shortlist eligible candidates or to cancel the entire process of interview/selection process without assigning any reason thereof.
- Canvassing in any form will be liable to disqualification.
- Last date of receipt of duly filled in Application Form only by Speed Post/Registered Post in the Registrar’s office is 02.08.2019
- The Sambalpur University Act was passed by the Odisha Legislature on 10th December, 1966 to fulfill long cherished dream of the people of Western Odisha for establishment of a University. The University started functioning from 1st January, 1967 with Prof.Parsuram Mishra as the first Vice-Chancellor. The University was inaugurated on 4th January, 1967 by Hon’ble Chancellor A.N.Khosla. The University started functioning in 1967 in a rented private building at Dhanupali, Sambalpur and in Government building at Ainthapali, Sambalpur from 1968 – 72. In the year 1973 the University was shifted to the present campus named Jyoti Vihar at Burla.
- The territorial jurisdiction of the University covers 10 districts of the state of Odisha namely Sambalpur, Sundargarh, Jharsuguda, Deogarh, Bargarh, Bolangir, Subarnapur, Nawapara, Kalahandi, Boudh and Athamallik Sub-Division of Angul District.
- The University at Jyoti Vihar provides Post-Graduate education in Twenty-seven subjects through Twenty Post-Graduate Departments.
- The University Post-Graduate Departments offer one-year study Programme for M.Phil Degree, two years study programme for the Degrees of M.A. / M.Sc. / LL.M. / Business Administration / M.Lib & Inf.Science, One-Year P.G. Diploma Course in Computer Science & Application and Diploma Course in Sambalpuri Studies and Three-Year course in M.C.A. and Executive M.B.A.
- The P.G.Departments of Chemistry, Life Sciences, History, Economics, Library & Information Sciences and Mathematics have been conferred Autonomous Status by the University. They adopt Semester system based on continuous evaluation. They adopt their own courses of studies.
- There are Ten Post-Graduate Hostels in the University Campus out of which four are Ladies Hostels and six are Gents’ Hostels. The University provide several facilities to the boarders in the Hostels like Common Room with T.V., Reading Room with Newspaper and Magazine, Guest Room, First Aid, STD Telephone booth, etc. The Central Canteen has been opened near the Hostel Campus for the benefit of students. Besides there are two Nationalized Banks, one Post-Office, one Health Centre, one Auditorium, one Police-Out Post, one Faculty House and one Community Centre have been established in the University Campus for providing services to students/teachers and employees in the Campus.
- The establishment of Directorate of Distance Education (DEC), Private Education Cell (PEC), One Nodal Computer Centre, Academic Staff College, University Yoga Centre, Professor Bhubaneswar Behera Central Library are acting like the wheels for the University system and would carry the University speedily towards achieving the noble boon for which these are set up.
- The Directorate of Distance and Continuing Education has started in the year 1998 with only on-campus courses in collaboration with P.G. Departments of Sambalpur University.
- In the year 2000 the Directorate of Distance and Continuing Education has launched BCA, PGDCA and PGDIT courses.
- In the year 2003 the Directorate of Distance and Continuing Education has started floating MCA (Direct and Lateral), DCA Course and
- In the year 2006 the D.D.C.E. has started floating MBA (Off Campus) full time courses.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form