Last Date:30 Oct,2019
Advt. No. – JR/05/2019
Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL)
Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) is inviting eligible candidates to apply online for 38 posts of Junior Engineering Assistant for it’s Gujarat Refinery.Interested and Eligible Candidates may apply online by 30-10-2019 , after making sure that they meet the concerned eligibility criteria. All personal and educational details must be mentioned properly.
Name of the post – Junior Engineering Assistant (Gujarat Refinery)
No of post – 38
Pay Scale – Rs 11900 -32000
3 years Diploma in Chemical/ Refinery & Petrochemical Engg. or B.Sc. (Maths, Physics, Chemistry or Industrial Chemistry) with min 50% marks and min one year experience.
General Instruction:government jobs
- The prescribed qualification should be from a recognized Indian University/Institute as a regular full time course / Diploma course (including a sandwich diploma course with industrial training as part of the course; with no break) with minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ST category candidates) in aggregate. Prescribed qualification shall be strictly adhered to.
- Candidates possessing Diploma under recognized lateral entry scheme (Class–XII (Sc.)/ ITI admitted in 2nd year of Diploma course) shall also be considered eligible subject to meeting prescribed percentage of marks on the basis of aggregate of 4 semesters in the diploma course.
- Qualification of MSc (Chemistry) shall not be considered a disqualification for the above mentioned Post. However, percentage requirement shall be applied on graduation level exam (BSc–PCM) only.
- Candidates possessing higher professional qualifications such as Engineering Graduates/MBA/MCA/ CA/CS/ICWA/LLB or those claiming possession of a Qualification equivalent to the Qualification prescribed shall not be considered for the above post.
- The criteria for full time regular course shall not be insisted upon in case of Ex-Servicemen, provided they possess a requisite EQUIVALENT qualification that has been acquired during the service period and is recognized by AICTE/MHRD, GoI and have secured the prescribed minimum percentage of marks.
- The candidature of the applicant would be provisional and subject to subsequent verification of certificates/ testimonials, etc.
- Suppression of information regarding possession of or pursuing higher qualification shall render a candidate ineligible for consideration at any stage of selection and termination at any time during employment, if recruited.
- Candidates who are registered with Local Employment Exchange(s)/ District Sainik Resettlement Board and meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria, whose names are sponsored to concerned Refinery Unit against this notification, are advised to apply Online, failing which their candidature will not be considered.
- Ex-servicemen claiming an equivalence in qualification shall be required to produce a copy of equivalence certificate by the concerned Ministry.
- The selection methodology will comprise Written Test and a Skill/Proficiency/Physical Test (SPPT) which will be of qualifying nature.
- A candidate will have to secure a minimum of 40% marks in the written test to qualify for further consideration.
- The minimum qualifying marks in the written test will be relaxed by 5% for candidates belonging to SC/ST categories considered against reserved positions.
- Obtaining minimum qualifying marks in the written test does not confer any right or claim by the candidate for being shortlisted for further consideration or the final selection, as the same is related to number of positions, ratio applied and relative performance in respective categories.
- Short listed candidates, in the ratio of 1:2 (two candidates for one post, with due cognizance to number of reserved posts) subject to securing minimum qualifying marks in the written test, will be required to undergo a Skill/Proficiency/Physical Test (SPPT). The SPPT shall be conducted by a duly constituted committee.
- In case of tie of marks in the written test for the last position on the Shortlist for SPPT, all such candidates shall be called for the SPPT, even if the total number exceeds the prescribed ratio. If such a situation arises anywhere before the last position while drawing a list, the last name/last few names, in proportion to the prescribed ratio, will get eliminated.
- Category-wise Merit list shall be drawn on the basis of marks obtained in the written test from & out of the said short-list; only for such candidates who qualify in the SPPT.
- In case of tie of marks for the last position on the Merit List, the candidate with prior date of birth (senior by age) shall find a place in the Merit list. However, the name of the junior shall also be retained in the said Merit List, as the last name. If such a situation arises anywhere before the last position while drawing a list, the last name/last few names in the list, in proportion to the prescribed ratio, will get eliminated.
- Ex-Servicemen candidates, if found suitable, will be considered against reserved vacancy irrespective of their position in Merit list (in order of merit within the category) on horizontal reservation policy.
- The candidature of the applicant would be provisional and subject to subsequent verification of certificates/ testimonials, experience etc. At any stage of the selection process, if it is found that the candidate has furnished false or incorrect information, the candidature/appointment of the candidate will be cancelled.
- Filling up of vacancies is solely at the discretion of the management based on suitability of candidates and no claim will arise for appointment, if some of these vacancies are not filled due to unsuitability of available candidates or insufficiency in number of candidates.
- The decision of the Management will be final and binding on all candidates on all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the application, mode of selection, cancellation of the selection process either in part or full, etc. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), commonly known as IndianOil is an Indian state government owned oil and gas company headquartered in New Delhi.It is the largest commercial oil company in the country, with a net profit of INR 19,106 crore (USD 2,848 million) for the financial year 2016–17. It is ranked 1st in Fortune India 500 list for year 2016 and 137th in Fortune’s ‘Global 500’ list of world’s largest companies in the year 2018.As of 31 March 2017 IndianOil’s employee strength is 33,135, out of which 16,545 are in the officer cadre.It is India’s largest downstream oil company, with a work force of more than 33,000 employees, a turnover of Rs. 506,428 crore and a net profit of Rs. 21,346 crore in 2017-18.
- IndianOil’s business interests overlap the entire hydrocarbon value-chain, including refining, pipeline transportation, marketing of petroleum products, exploration and production of crude oil, natural gas and petrochemicals.
- IndianOil has ventured into alternative energy and globalization of downstream operations. It has subsidiaries in Sri Lanka (Lanka IOC), Mauritius (IndianOil (Mauritius) Ltd) and the Middle East (IOC Middle East FZE).
- In May 2018, IOCL become India’s most profitable state-owned company for the second consecutive year, with a record profit of 21,346 crore in 2017-18, followed by Oil and Natural Gas Corporation, whose profit stood at 19,945 crore.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form