Advt. No.IIA/11/2016 dated 19th October, 2016
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF ASTROPHYSICS
2nd Block, Koramangala, Sarjapur Road
The Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) is an autonomous academic national institutionÂ of the Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India dedicated to research in Astronomy,Â Astrophysics and Allied Sciences & Technology. The Institute has its main campus inÂ Koramangala, Bangalore and CREST Campus at Hosakote, Bangalore. It operates field stationsÂ at Kavalur & Kodaikanal in Tamilnadu, Gauribidanur in Karnataka, and Leh/Hanle in Jammu &Â Kashmir.
Eligible young, bright and highly motivated individuals are invited to attend Walk-inÂ interview on 4thÂ November, 2016 at the Office of the Indian Astronomical Observatory, IndianÂ Institute of Astrophysics, Fort Road, Sheynam, Post Box No.100, Leh-Ladakh (Jammu &Â Kashmir) between 09.00 AM and 05.00 PM for the following position to work for the HCT andÂ HAGAR Project at Hanle:
1.Post Name- Engineer Trainee
No of Vacancy- 02 Post
Pay Scale- Rs.20000/- (Per Month)
2.Post Name- Telescope Trainee
No of Vacancy- 01 Post
Pay Scale- Rs.16000/- (Per Month)
Terms & Conditions:
- The appointment is purely on temporary/contract basis and does not entitle any privileges orÂ benefits of regular employment.
- The tenure of appointment is initially for a period of one year and extendable for two moreÂ years subject to satisfactory performance of the candidates and requirement of the projects.
- The date for determining the upper age limit, qualifications and experience shall be the dateÂ of walk-in interview.
- Age relaxation is permissible to SC, ST & OBC candidates and also to physicallyÂ handicapped candidates as notified by Govt. of India from time to time.
- The Institute reserves the right to cancel the entire recruitment process at any time withoutÂ assigning any reasons whatsoever.
- No correspondence will be entertained with the candidates not selected for interview /Â appointment. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
How to Apply IIAP Vacancy: Interested candidates may appear for interview along with original certificates related to their qualification and experience and also one set of self certified Xerox copies at the time of Interview.
Venue of Interview: Indian Astronomical Observatory, Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Fort Road, Sheynam, Post Box No.100, Leh-Ladakh (Jammu & Kashmir)
Important Dates to Remember:
Date of Interview: 04.11.2016 at 09:00 AM
click above to download
the employment notification